The Truth about PS...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:45 am

Impossible wrote:Erm, yeah. Several people, including Scatha, Cetsa and Kygar (all in Lide) have had shadowy sprites. The PS wasn't even in Lide. That doesn't by any means make them the PS. o_O

Ya, just because there shadows doesnt mean thee the ps. It is just that he doesnt want to reveal who that is at the time.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Who is the PS...

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:51 pm

Couldn't the PS be Serena, protecting Rhue and everything? Maybe even Jeruh or Midian?
Jimmy
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:52 pm

wow.........imposible.....take it away
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Re: Who is the PS...

Postby ericfantasy17 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:25 pm

Jimmy wrote:Couldn't the PS be Serena, protecting Rhue and everything? Maybe even Jeruh or Midian?

That was the first thing i said and so far nobody can give good reason why it wouldn't be her. But it would be too easy if it was true. but i doubt its Jeruh or Midian.
Last edited by ericfantasy17 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ericfantasy17

Re: Who is the PS...

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:27 pm

Jimmy wrote:Couldn't the PS be Serena, protecting Rhue and everything? Maybe even Jeruh or Midian?

If your goin to say somthing thats been said that much atleast put some backing into it. Then maybe people wont yell at you. Hopefully posting this will stop imposible form going insane
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:31 pm

Well... The PS spares Rhue's life, gets him out of prison, gets him his sword etc. I see no reason why it couldn't be Serena.
Jimmy
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:32 pm

I agree with you but i'm desputing the post. If you included that in your first post it wouldnt have been so bad
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Jimmy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:37 pm

If your goin to say somthing thats been said that much atleast put some backing into it. Then maybe people wont yell at you. Hopefully posting this will stop imposible form going insane

Uh... First of all no-one is yelling at me. Second, it would be nicer if you told me: "We have already gone over this possibility many times... Heres a link to the topic. Could you tell me why you think this? 'imposible' is going to go insane because of you, you little bastard." Now I know nobody is REALLY going to say that. Just try to think out your comments.
Jimmy
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:15 am

Impossible is going to go insane because of you, you little bastard.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:07 am

Nicely done! :D
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby ericfantasy17 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:47 pm

The guy only has 6 posts and your already given him shit
ericfantasy17

Postby Impossible » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:04 pm

And you have 27 posts, and if you don't shut up I'll be giving you shit over the fact that every other post you make is "when is teh ep6 commin out!?!". What's your point, exactly?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby itsdave693 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:25 pm

I'd like to take this opportunity to diagnose Impossible with Intermittent Explosive Disorder, not to be confused with spontaneous human combustion. Impossible, I hereby prescribe you Xanax (.5 mg, 3x daily), a carton of cigarettes, and a big fat joint. If this doesn't work, we'll throw in Clozapine.

I know you've probably been seeing some shrink about this, and that's nothing to be ashamed of. Not everyone is privy to the knowledge that "talk therapy" is nothing more than facilitated semantic self-gratification. Don't listen when they say you can't control your rage; now that you're properly medicated, it's within your power, and it's your responsibility.

So play nice. Clozapine is very unpleasant.

PS - I just thought I'd add something less barbed and more relevant.

The Serena = PS theory is one of three theories on the PS's identity that make any sense at all in my opinion. The only reason it's at all consistent with what we've seen, however, is because it's such a wild card. There really aren't even any criteria for dismissal, and a theory only goes as far as its empirically testable predictions.

The other two that are supported by the events of E1-5 are that either Gaius or Rhue is the PS. We know that, like his friend(s) the Blana Sera, Gaius can sense the memories of others, at least the guilty ones (see the scene where Kloe hugs him), so he would know if it was Rhue. Rhue could be the PS only under the assumption that what we see of the PS is merely a hallucination, however, as we see them in the same place at the same time frequently. I tend not to believe this. For one, it's unoriginal, and that would be somewhat of a first for The Way. More importantly, the PS actually does things that Rhue could not have in E5. For instance, it opens the prison door that Rhue is most decidedly on the other side of. That the PS was not observed by Scatha and friends in this case is odd, but the fact remains that prison doors do not open from the inside.

That leaves Gaius. His power to see the guilty actions of others, combined with The Way's theme (and the Blana Sera's intent) of perfect justice, fits exceedingly well with the PS's choice of victims. His appearance always falls after a murder and his departure directly precedes several of them. He has motive, he has placement, and he has power.
Last edited by itsdave693 on Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
anarchy through capitalism.
itsdave693
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:33 pm

You're also an idiot.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby itsdave693 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:07 am

Idiot isn't in the DSM-IV.
anarchy through capitalism.
itsdave693
Plyn