Is Alan dead?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Is Alan dead?

Postby HumanBean17 » Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:55 pm

In the Phantom Slasher scene with Sacrifa and the two rebels, did anyone else notice Alan's feet sticking out of the trees in the top left corner? Where do you think he ties into that scene? Is he dead?
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Nakoruru » Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:17 pm

i recognized the feet, too! but was it really alan? i think, that the phantom slasher didn't know that he was lying there...
ask me ^^
Nakoruru
Plyn

Postby War » Fri Apr 02, 2004 7:38 pm

I saw to. Maybe that will play some importen fact to who the PS is later on.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby BustermanZero » Fri Apr 02, 2004 10:32 pm

No, he'll return once more to become an annoying plot device, or running gag...you don't kill people like that off without some hilarity being involved. He's probably just a witness.
Don't lower yourself to petty insults that make no sense. That only leads to a weak Communist system which soon crumbles into a Dictatorship.
BustermanZero
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Apr 03, 2004 9:59 am

Yeah, good point. I bet he'll show up in a scene with some travellers and he'll start mubling and things saying like, "I saw him! The Phantom Slasher!" And he'll be afraid of Rhue, that is if Rhue IS the Phantom Slasher.

Fitz Tayo
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Berserker » Sun Apr 04, 2004 6:49 am

I didn't realize that foot was Alan's.
Anyway I don't think he'll have a serious role in the plot, maybe he'll get killed...
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Chip » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:00 pm

Alan, like Dirk, randomly pops up about the series. In a way, they are the comic reliefs. They are Lun's way of throwing some humor into the serious storylines. Now, I am NOT saying that the other characters can't be funny, but it is now EXPECTED of Alan and Dirk.

Also, I'd like to address the point about Rhue being the Phantom Slasher. I don't think there is even the slightest chance. One, there are several scenes in which Rhue and Phantom Slasher are present at the same time. At first, I thought that perhaps the Phantom Slasher was Rhue's soul that trekked through the way while Rhue was asleep. But then, in Episode 2, Rhue wakes up and looks at the Phantom Slasher. Therefore, my first theory is incorrect.

If Gauis is the Harbringer, I doubt he is the Phantom Slasher as well. I believe that the Phantom Slasher may be Serena.

Oh. Yeah. Alan isn't dead.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Re: ......

Postby HumanBean17 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 7:11 pm

Chip wrote:Also, I'd like to address the point about Rhue being the Phantom Slasher. I don't think there is even the slightest chance. One, there are several scenes in which Rhue and Phantom Slasher are present at the same time. At first, I thought that perhaps the Phantom Slasher was Rhue's soul that trekked through the way while Rhue was asleep. But then, in Episode 2, Rhue wakes up and looks at the Phantom Slasher. Therefore, my first theory is incorrect.

A few days ago I wrote:I wonder if Lun made the scenes where Rhue sees the Phantom Slasher almost kind of... "symbolic." Like when Rhue sees him for the first time, maybe he was going to kill everyone in the tent... but then just woke up suddenly(or aura suddenly reverted back to Rhue)... And when the door was busted down maybe he busted down the door, but then the same thing happened...

Well... I think the same is true for the scene in Lide... I when Rhue went back to being Rhue, the Phantom Slasher ceased to be. In other words, when Rhue "woke up," the Phantom Slasher "ran away." I hope that makes some sense...
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Apr 09, 2004 8:41 pm

Isn't Rhue generally falling asleep/waking up when he sees the PS? Hmm...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Fri Apr 09, 2004 9:25 pm

Exactly.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby lezlan » Sun Apr 11, 2004 2:51 pm

Not only that. We are not sure about the state of Rhue's mind. For all we know he is delusional, he sees things that arn't there (like using lace! 8) ). It is true that when Rhue sees the slasher he is always falling asleep or waking up. This is why I like the theory that when he falls asleep he becomes evil.

Also the slasher is always protecting Rhue. Like in episode 4, when Stoyko and some other Arastotzi are in the room beside Rhues getting ready to kill him. Rhue maybe pretecting himself.
lezlan
Wanderer

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 3:24 pm

Do you think the Arastotzi know that Rhue is the Phantom Slasher? I wonder if they quickly caught on when Rhue went berserk in Jopega's lab and then didn't even remember anything about it. In Episode 5 the Arastotzi all act like they're afraid of Rhue. Also, don't you think it's odd that the Rhue didn't kill Red Zero, Sorya, Stoyko, Cade, or even Scatha? The Phantom Slasher's never shown any mercy before.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:37 pm

Impossible wrote:Isn't Rhue generally falling asleep/waking up when he sees the PS? Hmm...

You see the PS one time when Rhue is wide awake......I thought that same thing to but I remembered during Ep3 after Slade saves you and you find your sword stuck in the guys' head you see the PS up on the hill behind you. Rhue had been woken up some time before that, so......
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 5:57 pm

Well, I think it of the Phantom Slasher watching Rhue. And surely Rhue's always "watching" himself. (Does that really make sense? ...Well it does to me...)
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Guest » Sun Apr 11, 2004 7:35 pm

That makes a lot of sence. We've already seen alot of wierd stuff in Ep5. Alot of out of this world stuff. Like when rhue goes back to the destroyed Estrana. Is it a dream? or is it somesort of plane shifting? (multi-dimentions, alternate realities)

At the end of Ep5 Gaius says "I'm going to have to reconsider your existance on the way." or something to that effect. Could Rhue have the ability to see a false world or even alter reality and the laws of space and time. (sorry now i'm being a bit overboard). Anyway, it could be sybolic that the PS is watching him in Ep3 at the part you mentioned.

Next

Return to Estrana