Is Alan dead?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Erwand » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:15 pm

HumanBean17 wrote:Do you think the Arastotzi know that Rhue is the Phantom Slasher? In Episode 5 the Arastotzi all act like they're afraid of Rhue.

I'm not quite so sure that they believe Rhue's the Phantom Slasher. After all, most likely none of them really know what happened to Stoyko and the others besides that they were all killed. Their fear of Rhue comes from that someone, quite possibly Rhue if he is actually the Phantom Slasher (Which seems like too easy an explanation...) did kill those Arastotzi and because of the way Rhue freaked out during the Shadowlord mission. Not to mention that any Arastotzi would be afraid of someone who wasn't dead when the Arastotzi had tried to kill them.

Anyways, I have doubts as to Rhue being the PS as does everyone here and I am really looking forward to the next episode.
Erwand
Wanderer

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 9:26 pm

Erwand wrote:and because of the way Rhue freaked out during the Shadowlord mission.

That's what I meant... I didn't even think of when Stoyko and the others were killed... but that's a good point too. I mean, wouldn't you be afraid of someone that was going to be killed by your friends(co-workers, affiliates... whatever you wanna call them...), but then all of your friends just disappeared? Also, if you'll notice, at the beginning of Episode 5, you can jump from your room's balcony to the balcony of the room that the Arastotzi were in when they were murdered... So if Rhue was the Phantom Slasher, that would explain how he got in...
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Erwand » Sun Apr 11, 2004 10:56 pm

Yes, but if you remember, the Phantom Slasher was jumping around on houses earlier so I doubt getting up to Rhue's balcony would be much of a problem. It does certainly make Rhue a suspect though.
Erwand
Wanderer

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:27 pm

Actually, I believe that was before the Phantom Slasher killed two Shadow Lords and a girl that they were trying to rape or something... (Maybe just kill her... I'm not sure.)
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Erwand » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:43 pm

Doesn't really make a difference does it?
Erwand
Wanderer

Postby HumanBean17 » Sun Apr 11, 2004 11:55 pm

Yeah, It does. You're saying that the Phantom Slasher was jumping rooftop to rooftop when before he killed the Arastotzi. But that actually happened before he killed the Shadow Lords and the girl.
"If you mean that I'm not quite like most wanderers, then you're absolutely correct."
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Erwand » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:03 am

Wait...Didn't PS kill the girl and those Shadowlords after the Shadowlord mission? Anyways, I don't really understand what you're saying about before the Arastotzi. But, my point is that the Phantom Slasher would be able to get up onto Rhue's balcony and into the Arastotzi room since he was able to get onto those rooftops.
Erwand
Wanderer

Postby HumanBean17 » Mon Apr 12, 2004 12:09 am

OK... I get what you're saying now... Sorry about that. Yeah... Those murders are after the Shadow Lord mission.
"If you mean that I'm not quite like most wanderers, then you're absolutely correct."
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 12, 2004 7:12 pm

At first, I thought that the Phantom Slasher was Serena, killing anyone who seems to come in contact with Rhue to a certain degree. However, someone mentioned that the PS didn't kill Scatha, and that's a very good point, one that I had thought of while playing Episode 4.

Now, I am addressing every shadowed figure that I can remember:

1) The two shadow figures that gave Young Rhue the sword... I believe that that was Rhue and Gauis. I know it's weird, but perhaps the Older Rhue absorbed the aura of Young Rhue, causing him to believe in this Serena figure. Or, it could be vice versa, with the young Rhue absorbed Older Rhue's aura. This, of course, raises the fact of whether the Main Rhue is the real Rhue. Perhaps Young Rhue is somewhere else on the Way, while the Main Rhue is really some guy named Darris. This, of course, means that the Main Rhue/Older Rhue doesn't know Serena at all, if Serena exists at all. That was the most confusing shadow figure occurence to explain.

2) The shadowed figure in the Pits.....We know it can't be Rhue (or at least, if you looked at the #1, the Main Rhue/Older Rhue), for he Plunged with the figure. I truly believe that it was the distorted Traziun. The Shadow Sword is a powerful weapon. The energy could have affected it's weilder's appearance.

3) The PS.....I believe now that the PS is not a monster, but instead a soldier of the Purpose. In Episode 1, Traziun and Rhue find the two wanderers dead in the woods shortly before they encounter Gaius again. That is an example of the Purpose taking control of the situation. Perhaps, if Rhue had met these two Wanderers, his path would have been pointed in a different direction. If this theory is true, then that would explain why the PS hasn't killed characters such as Scatha yet. The Purpose knew that, with Scatha's assistance, Rhue would get out of certain problems, and Slade would be able to encounter someone he was familiar with (if you beat Episode 5, you'll understand what I mean). Therefore, the PS is possibly a soldier of the Purpose.

That's all I can remember. Bring another one up, and I'll address it as soon as possible.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Apr 18, 2004 9:00 am

you see the PS one more time when Rhue is awake.

The very first scene when you leave the first fist in ep1.
Rhue leaves north and then the PS sneaks in and
kills the whole fist.

The PS does however look frighteningly alike '
Rhue.. perhaps it is Rhue's brother/sister. THis could explain why The PS is protective of Rhue.

If Rhue is the PS then RHue might have a Shadow Sword that causes Rhue to go evil whn dozing off. But that still doesn't explain how Rhue can be saved by the PS on several occasions.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Blackbird » Sun Apr 18, 2004 10:46 am

You see the PS in the opening sequence of Ep. 1 as well, standing in some shadows. Rhue is also awake then.
Blackbird
Wanderer

Postby Greatchickenman » Sun Apr 18, 2004 12:08 pm

Considering rhue is the phantom slasher(if he really is), in episode 1 rhue walks away from the camp and then comes back at night time to kill him? That's a bit fucked up....
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:51 pm

Well, while thinking about it, I realized that there was another point onto what/who the PS is.

This point supports the theory of the PS being the Purpose's shadow soldier, managing the Way and killing the unwanted.:

In Episode 1, at the very beginning with Rhue speaking with the two women and one man around the fire, a small, yet important point rises. The man states that he does not believe in the Purpose, and that the Purpose probably doesn't exist at all. The PS was sent to kill these non-believers. However, the Purpose wanted Rhue to live for some odd reason, and waited until he left before ordering the PS to strike.

Don't you see? It makes sense. If you don't believe in it, it will eventually kill you.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Postby Exiled » Wed Apr 21, 2004 7:36 am

heh Lun is pulling us for a ride.... for all we know the Purpose can be the PS itself!
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Sat Apr 24, 2004 10:33 am

well, I'd really like to get to fight the Purpose.
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana