Cesta; Dead or Dying.....Kloe too

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby RentACop » Mon Aug 29, 2005 10:46 pm

Lancifer wrote:flipping out

My GOD are you thin-skinned.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Aug 30, 2005 1:15 am

Erm, firstly, I was being sarcastic with the "n00b" thing; something which should have been obvious considering I wrote the whole thing in moron language. Now you really are being an idiot. Secondly, I was responding solely to the comment "Who's got time to maintain that book, right?" A quill is a thing you write with. Tetzel has a magic quill which writes down the names of someone when they're born or when they die. Otherwise it would be just plain impossible to know that information.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:07 am

And yes, the quill is alluded to in-game.

DIRK: He has a quill, Rhue.
Whenever someone is born,
the quill writes their name and
the day of their birth in a book.
DIRK: This book is called the
Book of Eve.
DIRK: And whenever someone
croaks, er, dies, it writes
their name and the date of their
demise in another book, heh.
DIRK: This book is called the
Book of Sermeot, heh.

This is found in a mandatory cutscene in Ep5.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:31 am

Does it strike anyone else as odd that he chuckles when talking about death but not about birth?
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Jabbo » Tue Aug 30, 2005 5:38 am

Well he's not really chuckling...

DIRK: Heh, it's locked.
CETSA: How is that funny?
DIRK: Heh, I didn't say it was.

I guess Dirk just has some serious speech problems.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:09 am

Lancifer wrote:I find that it's really strange. Kloe DOES like Rhue. Alot. Pay attention! But, she doesn't realize it, because her mind is so set on Gaius. I'm willing to bet that Kloe, on her way back to wherever she's going, will give alot of thought to Gauis, and realize that she likes Rhue.

Which of course will be a major complication, becasue Rhue only likes Serena. But, then again, at this point, ANYONE could be Serena, not excluding Kloe. The only thing we really know about Serena is that she is alive. (If she wasn't it would rend the stupid plot useless.)

But yeah, Kloe wanted Rhue to know where she was staying, she wanted to sleep with him because she was "scared" Thats a dead giveaway right there.

And yes, I do beleive they both want Rhue. THE ONLY SOLID TRUTH WE CAN GET is when someone is talking to themselves. Why? People lie in this game all the time. We can't base theories on what they say to eachother. BUT we can base theories on how they react to eachother, and what they say to themselves. Counfused?

NOONE lies to themself.

EVER

Yeah I know all that... I was just trying to see it from their point of veiw... that and the fact that I thought I might have subconsiously imagining it because I want Rhue to hurry up and get laid.

IMO... Rhue will never find Serena. Either he will find out that she's dead or he will give up on her (for a good reason)..... (and I know that there was that bit with Lexus when you had to describe Serena but that could possibly just be for another one fo Rhues 'flashbacks')
I think Rhue should become a bit more ambitious and less like a piece of cold stone.... you know.... a bit of flirting here... bit of getting laid there... training and kicking the shit out of famous people... becoming the Pharaphalyn... you get it...
...I also recon Rhue was in love with Lexus but didt realise it because he was focused on Serena... and he's still in shock about it and is a bit desensitized when it comes to women (not that he hasnt been throughout the episodes so far)... exeot for that bit when he rescues Kloe.... how did it go? something like:

Kloe: "Are you going to untie me or not?"
Rhue: "I dunno, I think you look a bit sexy like that"
Kloe: *blushes*

.... if anyone... I think Rhue might end up screwing Kloe...
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Lancifer » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:26 pm

Hey, sorry guys. It's just that I've never been one to put up with crap, and it sounded like Impossible was starting something. :(

Anyways, on a lighter note: I agree with Forerunner, who agrees with me. Kloe and Rhue had a bit of a rough start which would have left a negative imprint on eachothers perception of eachother. Sooner or later, Rhue will begin to realise that he does indeed like Kloe. I think we can already see, (...that is, if we are looking...) Kloe is starting to really warm up to Rhue. Like I mentioned earlier, she has a LONG walk home, and on these long walks, you have a LONG time to think. She will think about Gauis, she will think about Rhue, and she will compare the two.

Kloe is going to turn around, and come back. She might even end up in the Landorin Stretch scene. Heck, if she does, she might even be as shoked as Rhue, claim "I remember this place." and become Serena. Maybe that'll only happen if you said Serena was blonde. Who knows. But since Kloe...probably isn't Serena, and probably won't show up in that scene. Rhue and Kloe's feelings for eachother(...if there are any...) will be a complication in Rhue's quest to find his lost love Serena.

Time will tell.
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:19 pm

I agree with Forerunner and Lancifer, Rhue and Kloe probably will end up together cause Kloe seems like the only sorta normal girl in the story. Plus I think Rhue and Gaius will fight soon and thats gonna make things a little complicated.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:23 pm

Forerunner wrote:I think Rhue should become a bit more ambitious and less like a piece of cold stone....

Psh. Rhue is awesome just as he is.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Aug 31, 2005 4:59 am

He is... but we've seen how fast he is degenerating (emotionally) since he killed Lexus... pretty soon he'll be nothing but an idiot who says nothing and kills anything that distracts him. And his single mindedness will make him kickass with a sword... but since he's such a stiff we never get to see him show it off.... imagine this happy reunion:

Alan: Ah haa... it is you my ultimate rival! We meet again Rhue! It is I <insert Alans long and idiotic name>!
Rhue: ...
Alan: I have gotten stronger since our last meeting... It is time for you to fall before my blade.
Alan: Now we shall plunge!
Alan: ...
Rhue:... *suddenly cuts off Alan head and walks away without a second glance*
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:27 pm

You guys havn't really thought about him not getting together with any of the girls or, god forbid, he goes with Serena. there may be alot of theories agenst it but since when has The Way been predictable?
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Estrana