Great moments of The Way

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby voodooKobra » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:40 am

Yeah... first time I played through that, I laughed my ass off.

Too bad Lun can't throw in any more comedy... it would ruin the feel of the game.
voodooKobra
S1 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sun Aug 28, 2005 9:49 am

There can still be comic relief. Episode 5 had several funny moments even though it was a serious episode overall. Fwacho also said that Alan really "goes over the top" in Episode 6.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Burning_Flame » Sun Aug 28, 2005 10:10 am

voodooKobra wrote:Yeah... first time I played through that, I laughed my ass off.

Too bad Lun can't throw in any more comedy... it would ruin the feel of the game.

Not so, think of Dirk very funny character and didnt ruin the game at all.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sun Aug 28, 2005 11:12 am

Aye, Dirk is a funny guy.

Personally, I think the first episode was the most somber one.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 28, 2005 12:00 pm

Fwacho also said that Alan really "goes over the top" in Episode 6.

And hes right too, hes involved in some of the funniest stuff I've seen in a long time.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 29, 2005 2:35 am

The Way's comedy level REALLY stepped up in Episode 5. It would be great if Lun went back to the past episodes and rewrote the dialogue to make it more like E5, and fix up the grammar... And... erm... Improve plot consistency! Yeah! >_> <_< Totally worthwhile then.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:42 am

Alan is just an old pervert who is past his prime..... a bit like Dirk exept not as old.....
...but then again it is fun having someone who pretends to be the best but you know you can kick the shit out of him at any time you choose... what would RPG's be without a person like that.....
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Cerem » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:37 am

I left something out.

Did anyone else find it extremely memorable when Slade threatened to beat Alan to death?
Or
"Fine! Your name's not Skippy! It's Dippy!"
><
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Come to kill
The demons must
Cerem
Plyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:19 pm

That bit was amazing... it amusing at how much spirit Rhue still has when he's realised that he's stuck basically as close to hell as you can get. (assuming the Reaches are counted as a part of the Pits)

.... I can remember so many good scenes but I cant remember them word for word... is there anyway to get my hands on a script of the way without having to rummage through the episodes and write it down?
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:53 pm

Forerunner Wrote:

is there anyway to get my hands on a script of the way without having to rummage through the episodes and write it down?

Well I doubt any would be that bored but if there was such a way it would make a great review guide right before new episodes come out.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Sep 01, 2005 7:57 pm

Well Imposible did write a fan fiction of the first episode. I font know if hes still goin on it but itd in the fan stuff.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Sep 02, 2005 12:30 am

I wish someone would make me a script.

I'm too lazy to continue on the novelization, dammit! Oh well, maybe next year I'll update.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Shepard » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:06 pm

I really liked the the novelization. I got people who refuse to play video games to read it and they all said they liked it.
Donnie your out of your element!!!!!!!
Shepard
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Sep 05, 2005 1:02 am

Man, it's so nice how people can make an ass of themselves one day and be so amazingly kind the next.

The version of the novelization on the web site is probably still old and crappy, although Chapter 1 is a LOT better than what was there earlier.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby nerx » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:53 am

I doubt Dirk is really a pervert, and many do. It doesn't really explain Dirk and Scatha's relationship. I like the the pits also.
nerx
S1 Hilyn

Previous

Return to Estrana