Possible Insight 2

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Possible Insight 2

Postby Lancifer » Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:10 pm

My good friend 'fwacho' mentioned something about wanting to see the rest of my notes... well here they are, up to the (almost) end of act 5.
Oh and if their not original or stupid theories or whatever else you can dream up to bring down a creative thinker, save it. I know that most of these points probably don't mean anything, and I just jotted them down as I was playing the game. Umm... I think I started shortly after the beginning of act 4.

[b]-Dirk says that the monsters in the mines are problably from the reaches, although another explanation comes to mind.[/b]
Hmmm... really? I wonder what that is...

[b]-Sorya knows that Rhue is from Xor... Gaius is from Xor.[/b]
I think I already tied up all the loose ends in this one with my last post "All about Xor"

[b]-Traziun saved Kloe's life once. She claims he "...pulled me out of the river and took me back to Delhara."[/b]
Hmmm... I can think of at least one other person who fell into a river before... but Kloe...Serena? Nah, thats a stupid idea... or is it?

[b]-Before accidentally killing Lexus, while waiting at your post, the grandfather clock dies.[/b]
Now this is VERY interesting... why would Lun put something like that in the game, if it had no meaning? (Yes, Rhue notices it, its NOT a glitch.)

[b]-Lexus knows Medmur, and is shocked to see him.[/b]
Well, we know Medmur is Entrego, and Lexus is Aristotzi. Case closed.

[b]-As the Aristotzi storm the building, Lexus yells "This can't be happening! Entrego, you betrayed me!"[/b]
Indeed he did, too... He told Rhue that "Red Zero won't be joining this mission." Why did Entrego want her dead? What deal was there to "betray"?

[b]Slade didn't care for Lexus... when seeing her dead he thinks to himself "Another girl to bury."[/b]

[b]-Gaius claims he has changed, and cannot love Kloe anymore.[/b]
Now, I'm no Doctor Phil... but I think something BIG has to happen for that kinda change to occur. Maybe something to do with the "Gauis and Jeruh (Rhue) days"... I'd sure like to know what they did...

[b]-Gaius can read peoples pasts.[/b]
I'm big on that... I mean... not just everyone can go around reading pasts, can they? What is Gaius? I'll tell you...THE PHANTOM SLASHER!!!

[b]-Slade wonders how it is that Medmur excaped that night, and everyone else died.[/b]

[b]-the excectutioner was assigned by the guided.[/b]
Well, if Gaius is the harbinger, then that explains why he was talking to the guided under the bridge at the beginning of act 4. (I forget what they said to eachother...)

[b]-Cetsa really likes Rhue... somewhere deep down.[/b]
You can tell...

[b]-Cetsa is obsessed with the way she looks and thinks that Rhue is handsome. "I just love mirrors, don't you?"[/b]
Talk about conceited...

[b]-Looking into the mirror, Rhue's heatbeat picks up. He hates mirrors. He hates his reflection.[/b]
I beleive this is VERY important, although it is a cutscene that can be avoided. In fact, one that you probably won't find, unless you search all the houses in burning Estrana systematically. It says something about what Rhue thinks of himself, and his past. Ah yes, and I remember in the first room you get, you look in the mirror and he says he barely recognizes himself...

[b]-The harbinger thinks Medmur is Entrego.[/b]
Good to know.

[b]-Cetsa and Kloe go way back. They fought as kids.[/b]
Also very interesting. It seems like every main/secondary character knows eachother from somewhere.

[b]-In your dream, the stranger at the shadow inn is named "Midian".[/b]
Rhue recognizes the name, as do I. Midian is the bounty hunter at the first eposode on the bridge. He is also "Looking for Juruh." Who of course, is Rhue. "Interesting" I thought to myself.

[b]-The bartender say's that Midian is searching for someone.[/b]
I like how Lun made this game... its almost philosophical.

[b]-Scatha tells lyra her perspective on men... [/b]
she doesn't show her self, but you can tell its her by the "groupsss of 's'esss"

[b]-Dirk finds scatha's voice familliar.[/b]
But then again, who wouldn't?

[b]-Cetsa knows Scatha[/b]
Hmmm....

[b]-Scatha tells Cetsa "I KNEW the girl Rhue is looking for." "You arn't her."[/b]
Excellent. So Cetsa supposedly isn't Serena (I never thought she was). and someone knows who Serena is. Personnaly I still think that Scatha is Serena. So what if she is Chasta? She washed ashore when she was what? 8 years old. She had to have a life somewhere. maybe she was adopted by Slade's mother.

[b]Jed is supposed to help Midian.[/b]
"So what?" you might think... me too...

[b]Midian tells Jed he is looking for "...Your son Jeruh."[/b]
Old news.

[b]Kalmar, Traziun's father, calls Rhue's sword "Aubuta"[/b]
You know what that means? ITS NOT A SHADOW SWORD, IT CAN'T BE, IT NEVER WAS, IT NEVER WILL BE. Shadow swords have two word names like "Night Reaper" oops... I'll tell you about night reaper later.

[b]Traziun "failed" his father. apparently on a mission that had no chance of success[/b]
Kinda like Faramir in Lord of the Rings.

[b]Kalmar refers to Traziun as "Alagard" and beleives he has a character flaw.[/b]
Looks like Rhue isn't the only one who changes his name. Which brings to mind, Serena probably doesn't go by that name anymore either.

[b]Gaius is Traziun's replacement. Kalmar's "Perfect blade"[/b]
Hmmm... Intriguing.

[b]Traziun had to change his name from Alagard to excape the blood lyn. Gaius did not.[/b]
Also intriguing.

[b]Dirk and Scatha know eachother well.[/b]
But then... so does everyone else, it seems.

[b]Dirk is the closest ever to being a forerunner, since "Eyashu" was killed. Tetsel murdered him for finding the truth about the end of the way.[/b]
HOLY CRAP. This is an ATOM BOMB. Something tells me, and probably you too, that this is EXTREMELY important. Especially since Dirk is a pedifile moron with no special significance.

[b]Traziun posesses the "Night Reaper" Kalmar says it is evil. Lost so long ago.[/b]
Didn't I say something about Traziun going after the shadow sword, and Rhue having an illuminati in one of my other posts, not to be taken seriously? Someone owes me an apology.

[b]Kalmar also mentions "Ghost Horror"[/b]
Another shadow sword perhaps? Who knows?

[b]Dirk tells Rhue about the books of Eve and Sermeot.[/b]
Now I might not be up on my catholocism, or mythology, but Eve was the second person alive. (Probably just called it that because the "Book of Adam" sounds dumb) and Sermeot... I forget, but it's got an evil ring to it.

Anyways, thats the end of my notes. I hope 'fwacho' takes this time to realize that all you have to do to get something in life, is give a little respect and ask for it. I hope this post gets some positive feedback.
Lancifer
Plyn

Re: Possible Insight 2

Postby DSOK » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:22 pm

Lancifer wrote:Traziun saved Kloe's life once. She claims he "...pulled me out of the river and took me back to Delhara."
Hmmm... I can think of at least one other person who fell into a river before... but Kloe...Serena? Nah, thats a stupid idea... or is it?

I think it's pretty clear from episode 5 that Cetsa pushed Kloe in.

Lancifer wrote:As the Aristotzi storm the building, Lexus yells "This can't be happening! Entrego, you betrayed me!"
Indeed he did, too... He told Rhue that "Red Zero won't be joining this mission." Why did Entrego want her dead? What deal was there to "betray"?

There was the deal by which Lexus was admitted into the leadership of the Aristotzi. Entrego couldn't murder her father and then leave Lexus alive and part of his organization.

Lancifer wrote:Looking into the mirror, Rhue's heatbeat picks up. He hates mirrors. He hates his reflection.
I beleive this is VERY important, although it is a cutscene that can be avoided. In fact, one that you probably won't find, unless you search all the houses in burning Estrana systematically. It says something about what Rhue thinks of himself, and his past. Ah yes, and I remember in the first room you get, you look in the mirror and he says he barely recognizes himself...

It's dead obvious that at least part of Rhue's aura is not native to his body. How it got into that body... well, that isn't known yet. But that's why he doesn't like mirrors. "They lie."

Lancifer wrote:Cetsa and Kloe go way back. They fought as kids.
Also very interesting. It seems like every main/secondary character knows each other from somewhere.

It reminds one of Great Expectations.

Lancifer wrote:Kalmar, Traziun's father, calls Rhue's sword "Aubuta"
You know what that means? ITS NOT A SHADOW SWORD, IT CAN'T BE, IT NEVER WAS, IT NEVER WILL BE. Shadow swords have two word names like "Night Reaper" oops... I'll tell you about night reaper later.

Kalmar says the word "Aubuta." It could have something to do with Rhue's sword, or it could just be an expletive. Noi Jitat!

Lancifer wrote:Traziun "failed" his father. apparently on a mission that had no chance of success
Kinda like Faramir in Lord of the Rings.

Um, what? I see no similarity whatsoever.

Lancifer wrote:Traziun posesses the "Night Reaper" Kalmar says it is evil. Lost so long ago.
Didn't I say something about Traziun going after the shadow sword, and Rhue having an illuminati in one of my other posts, not to be taken seriously? Someone owes me an apology.

The idea was taken seriously. It was just old. The ideas that Traziun grabbed the Shadow Sword in the pits, or that Rhue has an Illuminati are nothing new.

Lancifer wrote:Kalmar also mentions "Ghost Horror"

It's Kalmar's sword. It goes to Slade after the Dark Lyn's death, but Lyrra claims it instead.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:38 pm

Lancifer wrote:Kalmar, Traziun's father, calls Rhue's sword "Aubuta"

Fwacho said that Aubuta is not the name of a sword.

Lancifer wrote:and Sermeot... I forget, but it's got an evil ring to it.

It means "death of the flesh" if I remember right.

I can get links for both of these when I have more time if you would like me to.
Last edited by Non-Sequitur on Tue Aug 23, 2005 6:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Aug 22, 2005 9:57 pm

(Lancifer: Make sure to leave BBCode ON if you're going to use tags...)
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Impossible » Mon Aug 22, 2005 10:57 pm

-Dirk says that the monsters in the mines are problably from the reaches, although another explanation comes to mind.
Hmmm... really? I wonder what that is...

This is one of those things you just have to hope Lun doesn't forget about. I mean, there are just SO many things to know about The Way's plot, sometimes I wonder if these things nobody ever discusses can slip his mind when he needs to include them.

-Traziun saved Kloe's life once. She claims he "...pulled me out of the river and took me back to Delhara."

Yes, I agree with DSOK, it was when Cetsa pushed her in.

I think we have to let the idea of that cutscene being purely symbolic go, by the way. Lun, being a genius and all, probably did that on purpose - as a narration tool. But it had to be a flashback, too.

-Before accidentally killing Lexus, while waiting at your post, the grandfather clock dies.
Now this is VERY interesting... why would Lun put something like that in the game, if it had no meaning? (Yes, Rhue notices it, its NOT a glitch.)

Probably just to tell us that something bad is going to happen. I don't think some mystical force stopped the clock...

-As the Aristotzi storm the building, Lexus yells "This can't be happening! Entrego, you betrayed me!"

I agree with DSOK again, Lexus was part of the Arastotzi so I think it counts as a "betrayal" to send people to kill everyone there including herself... They may have had a deal that the Arastotzi would leave them alone altogether, too.

-Gaius can read peoples pasts.
I'm big on that... I mean... not just everyone can go around reading pasts, can they? What is Gaius? I'll tell you...THE PHANTOM SLASHER!!!

What if the PS actually kills people BECAUSE of something they've done in the past? It's certainly a possibility... If we go back to the theory of the PS being a judgement of some sort, it makes sense. Except Gaius' "change" can't have just been becoming the PS and getting this past-reading power, because the PS existed at the very beginning. Maybe Gaius had been given a new job to do by Kalmar?

-In your dream, the stranger at the shadow inn is named "Midian".
Rhue recognizes the name, as do I. Midian is the bounty hunter at the first eposode on the bridge. He is also "Looking for Juruh." Who of course, is Rhue. "Interesting" I thought to myself.

I think you make FAR too many assumptions with this one. We don't know for sure if that guy was Midian, or for sure if Rhue IS Jeruh (although there has to be a connection).

-Cetsa knows Scatha
Hmmm....

Don't E2 and 3 give us some insight into this? Remind me, what was Scatha looking for in the Pits? What was she doing in Lide? Answer those and we have something we can probably consider concrete unless we learn more about their background.

Kalmar, Traziun's father, calls Rhue's sword "Aubuta"

I don't think we can draw any conclusions THAT strong from what Kalmar said. He didn't say "That sword is Aubuta", he just said "Aubuta". And we don't really have any definite rules that define how Shadow Swords are named.

Kalmar also mentions "Ghost Horror"

We already know about this. It's Kalmar's Shadow Sword. Lyrra got it, but Rhue sent it flying away. We probably haven't seen the last of it.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Lancifer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:13 am

Hey, right on. I'm up bright and early from a topic I left last night, and I have a buncha replies.

But you guys say that Cetsa pushed Kloe in in episode 5? Was that in the flashback? Or during their fight over Rhue? Because if it wasn't in the flashback (I don't remember...) it couldn't have been the instance Kloe was talking about, because 1: It hadn't happened yet and 2: Cetsa helped Kloe back out of the water, I think. Very apologetically I might add.

But then again...If it was indeed in the flashback, disregard all of this, because it was stupid and useless...

Also, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the sword as "Aubuta" I just now did a quick google search of 'aubuta' and the only thing it comes up with is Crestfallen Studios, so I have no parallels to draw with mythology, but it makes sence to me, Rhue pulls out his sword, and Kalmar calls it 'Aubuta'. Unless of course 'Aubuta' is an old Blana Sara word for "Oh shit, he's about to jump up a REALLY tall wall and come after me with that shiny sword, and my son Alagard is on top of the building behind me!" Keep in mind that Kalmar seems to have a knack for knowing what swords are called. He named Traziun's sword, remember?

One Question... If Ghost Horror was Kalmar's old sword, how did Lyrra get it? Did I fall asleep in a cutscene? It makes sence too, though because Rhue knocekd away Lyrra's sword, after she died. Kinda like that fancy "Night Reaper" in episode 2. Which raises the question... Rhue used to know that he was being possesed to do something. He recognized fully well why he knocked Night Reaper into the pits. He asked himself "Did something possess me?" But knocking away ghost horror, he doesn't notice a thing.

You know what I just realized though? The DIRECTION that Rhue hit the Ghost Horror. It's heading right for Cetsa, and I'll bet she still wants to get her hands on one. Remember episode 2, how bad she wanted Night Reaper? But then, she just saw it as a treasure to sell... or did she?
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby DSOK » Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:36 am

Lancifer wrote:Also, I'm pretty sure he was referring to the sword as "Aubuta"

All the evidence you have is that he says it when Rhue has his sword out. This is hardly compelling. The word Aubuta does not sound the the name of any shadow sword we know (with names light Night Reaver and Ghost Horror) or an Illuminati (with astronomical names). I'm sticking with the "Noi Jitat!" possibility.

Lancifer wrote:One Question... If Ghost Horror was Kalmar's old sword, how did Lyrra get it?

The sword flies off, and Kalmar says something about it going to another. The next time we see Slade, there's a sword next to his cot. Lyrra gets chased in there, and when she comes back out, she's got the sword and is totally badass.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Lancifer » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:40 pm

Here's a CRAZY idea, since the name Aubuta supposidly isn't the name of the sword...

...It's the name of one of the people that gave it to him.
OR
...The sword used to belong to Kalmar's dear friend, Aubuta, but since Rhue has it, Kalmar knows Aubuta is DEAD.
OR
..."Aubuta" is some kinda phrase like "Sweet!" or "Dope shit, yo!" or "Dat's a sweet badazz blade ya' got thar' bro!"
OR
..."Aubuta" is Rhue's REAL real name, and everyone who thought it was Jeruh is WRONG.

But yeah, I changed my mind. Kalmar says "Aubuta..." because that's someone's name that he knows. That person had the sword, and obviously gave it to Rhue. You'll notice the ellipses (the three dots [...]) after this word because Kalmar wasn't finished the thought. In his brain the sentence could have ended with "...how could you?" or "...why would you give such a man that sword?" or "...are you still alive?" BUT! then again, Gaius can read pasts. Kalmar says that he basically trained Gaius. This means that Kalmar must be able to read pasts too. *So, maybe he read Rhue's past, saw Serena and says, "Hey, isn't that that girl down the road? What was her name....? Aubuta...?"

So you see, Aubuta is Serena's real name.

*indicates when I have stopped being serious.
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Aug 23, 2005 10:15 pm

Intesting note although there are still possibilities elft unconsidered and ya'll are runnig out of time to state them before E6 comes out and proves you either a genius or nutcase (not much seperates these two).

still I'm please to see the effort by you all here. you are startingto to really think in terms of mnay posisblities now...
good work ... keep it up.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:14 am

I would replace those "OR"s with "AND/OR", actually... Except for the second last suggestion.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Wed Aug 24, 2005 5:14 am

If it really is just some sort of phrase, maybe "aubuta" could be a kind of exclamation related to "kava kura", which only Cetsa says. We don't really know anything about Cetsa's past, and maybe she shares some sort of link with Kalmar that we don't know about. Which is kind of farfetched, but who knows?
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lancifer » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:39 pm

Does anyone know what "Kava Kura" means? was it a fire like Jarwin or something? I like the cussing in "The Way" it's so polite.
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:03 am

Kava Kura is probably just a typical Way explanation we never heard until E5. Someone else in Estrana says it, too.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Zero_X » Thu Aug 25, 2005 2:14 am

In your dream, the stranger at the shadow inn is named "Midian".

Now this confuses me, in episode 2 when you get to Marna stretch you come across a bounty hunter, the bounty hunter appears to know Rhue and that his seaching for someone, however the bounty hunter has got the idea he is seaching for someone named Jeruh, then as he leaves he say "See ya Midian". This possible connects with the fact that the bounty hunter in ep 1 seems to think that Rhue knows something about this Jeruh, if Rhue really suppose to be looking for Jeruh it would make sense that the bounty hunter might know his mission and its why he ask Rhue twice.
They can trigger me, but their never figuer me out
Zero_X
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:21 am

but... What if Jeruh and Midan were one in the same?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Next

Return to Estrana