Rhue's Sword

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Impossible » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:06 am

Erm, I never said Rhue's sword can't be a Shadow Sword... The idea, though, is that the Harbringer is a representation of justice and so are the Illuminati.

I'm just saying that if Gaius is the Harbringer he knows what Rhue's sword is, and he COULD be lying about it. I have no idea at all where you got the idea I said anything like that.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Lancifer » Thu Aug 25, 2005 1:52 am

If Gaius is the harbinger, Rhues sword could be either. Although a shadow sword would LOVE to get a chance to knock off a bringer of justice, Gaius is an evil mofo, nomatter what way you look at it.

And why do they gotta hire a harbringer anyways? All they do is slice a head off, ANYONE can do that... heck... wait for a harbringer... they coulda killed Cetsa 20 times before he harbinger got ready. And don't gimme any of this "Cerimonial" garbage. The guided seemed quite content to kill Sacrifa's wife on the spot.
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:06 am

This is what I got from it all, the Guided get to choose the exicutioner, Gaius has pretty high connections with the Guided, Gaius needs a way to get Medmur alone without being scene, so Gaius asks to be the harbringer. I doubt the guided really care who does it, so they let him. Nowere does he actaully have to be a representation of justice to do that.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 5:37 pm

Makes sense to me...
... does the majority think Gaius is good/evil... well a better question is if Rhue knew all about Gaius would he think Gaius is evil because I doubt Gaius would think of himself as evil.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:00 pm

I'd say hes about as good as Rhue is. Now how good Rhue is I'm not in the mood to debate.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Thu Aug 25, 2005 7:33 pm

At this, point I don't really think we know enough about what's really going on to be able to accurately label ANYONE as good or evil, including Rhue, Gaius, Strata, Tetzel, and even the Lord Below. Their actions may seem evil, their motives may seem good, or vice versa, but in the end, it's the final result of whatever they wind up doing that dictates their alignment, and even that may not be enough to judge...
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Aug 25, 2005 10:19 pm

You are right...... but I still insist that Strata and Rhue are not evil. They just sometimes do evil things.... but lets not get back into that discussion.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Cerem » Sat Aug 27, 2005 1:16 pm

I'd say he has an illuminati.
It doesn't kill the Harbringer because he's a servant of the Purpose. It kills all others because they are not innocent.
Innocent people Rhu kills = 0. Guards have likely killed someone before. And Lyrra was trying ehr damndest to kill someone. Thos emen in episode 1 had likely done something bad as well. And we know Slade isn't :D
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Come to kill
The demons must
Cerem
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Aug 27, 2005 6:56 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I'd say hes about as good as Rhue is. Now how good Rhue is I'm not in the mood to debate.

I don't understand how you can say this. We've watched about 99.9% of Rhue's actions (not counting PS, if that's Rhue) throughout the course of the Way, and can reach an actual conclusion about the nature of his actions. Gaius we've only seen little bits of, so we know nothing of his background, motives, goals, etc. - heck, we don't even know what he's doing! You can't really compare the two.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:14 am

I'd say he has an illuminati.

If Rhue's sword is a shadow sword than why would he attack the other shadow sword in Lide?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:34 am

Illuminati or Shadow Sword.....

...either way we have to agree that this Sword has effected Rhue's actions throughout the episodes.... although if we stand here debating whether the sword made him do things with good intention or bad intention it will go on forever because, as we have seen with the debate of whether Strata is good or evil, there is 2 sides to everything.

Personally I don't care what the sword is. The fact is that Rhue better not give it up because if he does (unless he loses the inevitable battle with Gaius) I will spend the rest of the game calling him a pussy little homosexual son-of-a-bitch.

...and it doesnt really matter what the sword is does it? If it is an illuminati then: "Wicked, the good guy is using a holy(ish) sword"... if it is a shadow sword then: "Wow..... Rhue has managed to master the powers of a fables shadow sword..... now theres just that problem of the PS...meh"
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Fredric » Mon Aug 29, 2005 11:14 am

Belthazar wrote:If Rhue's sword is a shadow sword then why would he attack the other shadow sword in Lide?

Maybe they don't like eachother, you can't be friends with everyone.
Fredric
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Aug 29, 2005 5:41 pm

"Wow..... Rhue has managed to master the powers of a fables shadow sword..... now theres just that problem of the PS...meh"

What makes you think Rhue has mastered the powers of his sword, be it illuminati or shadow sword?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Mon Aug 29, 2005 6:09 pm

Fredric wrote:
Belthazar wrote:If Rhue's sword is a shadow sword then why would he attack the other shadow sword in Lide?

Maybe they don't like eachother, you can't be friends with everyone.

Their like magnets.. they dont like each other
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Lancifer » Mon Aug 29, 2005 8:41 pm

There is one thing that comes to mind:

If Rhue does indeed carry a shadow sword, the reason he attacked the Night Reaper in Lide may be because Rhue's sword knew Cetsa and Kygar would lose the battle, and therefore, the Night Reaper would reamin safe, and unused. Rhue's sword may also have knew that by knocking the Night Reaper into the pits, it would have a better chance of being picked up by one who is evil, or just desires power (Plenty of these things down there...). It's also possible that Rhue's sword knew Traziun would go after it, or that Traziun would be called to it, or whatever.

(So in a nutshell, Rhue's sword posessed him, so that the Night Reaper would be "born" again.)

But of course, I still support the theory that Rhue's sword is an Illuminati, and that the reason Rhue attacked the Night Reaper is to protect it from falling into Cetsa's/Kygar's hands.

Kygar's a pretty cool character too, I just noticed.
Lancifer
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana