The name of the game

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The name of the game

Postby Lancifer » Tue Aug 30, 2005 6:45 pm

Perhaps the names of the episode can shed some enlightenment unto unlocking the way.

Episode 1: The land beneath the sky
This is a generic title describing "The Way."

Episode 2: Echoes of the past decry
Dictionary.com defines "decry" as 1. To condemn openly. 2. To depreciate (currency, for example) by official proclamation or by rumor. Therefore, the title means basically "Our memories fade away." I guess there was alot of flashbacks in this episode...

Episode 3: A lost love carried on
In this particular episode it promises that a 'lost love' will be carried on. Obviously it is speaking of Serena. Now, either I fell asleep for two or three hours while playing this game, or it is a solid fact that not one lost love is carried on in the whole game, not to mention Serena. In fact, a better name for this episode would be "A lost love still lost" or "Why is it so damn hard to find this chick?!" Stay with me, I have a point. Perhaps the name suggests that Rhue DID meet Serena in this episode, for the first time, but didn't realize it. Either that or he thought... Oh... wait... I guess it's called that because he thought Cetsa was Serena. Damnit, nevermind.

Episode 4: Words to a lonely song
A song? What song? I don't hear any song... even if I did there arn't any lyrics to any song in this game...unless Lun wrote them just for kicks... there arn't any words for any song, in any episode. Let alone words to a LONELY song in EP4.

Episode 5: Everyone must Bleed
Pretty self explainatory and straightforward. Most of the characters in this episode died, or were seriously injured. (And don't tell me "What are you talking about?", there was an absolute disaster in Estrana, at least a hundred thousand died there [based on what someone said (I think Traziun or Gauis) that there are far more than 100 000 settlers in Estrana], easilly more than a hundred blood lyn died by the hands of Rhue and Traziun alone, whew...yup, everyone bled in this episode.)

Episode 6: ...Um...
I can't wait.

Hey, I know what you're thinking, because I'm thinking it to. This post is absolutely useless. Hey, I worked on it for too long to not push [submit].
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:16 pm

No, I thought, "Hey, this post was pretty interesting." But, anyway...

Episode 2 - Well, the pendant was an "echo of the past", but it didn't mean what Rhue initially hoped it would... *shrugs*

Episode 3 - Rhue and Slade both carried on "lost loves" (Or at least, it seemed like Slade did for a good deal of the episode). I think "carried on" means that Rhue keeps Serena in his heart, not that their relationship is resumed.

Episode 4 - I think this is just supposed to be a really abstract title. Something we can give a meaning to instead of referring to something specific. The title kind of makes me think of Rhue's life in general. =/

Episode 5 - Straightfoward, but I love the title.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Tue Aug 30, 2005 7:22 pm

Perhaps the names of the episode can shed some enlightenment unto unlocking the way.

even if the title could somehow give us clues about the game there is no way to predict the future titles of the episodes and therefore we remain in the dark.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Violent_Paradan » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:38 am

Another thing of note is that if you replace the episode titles with parodies of the names of the Star Wars movies, it kind of works in an ironic sense:
Episode 1: The Phantom Slasher
Episode 2: Attack of the Scarves
Episode 3: Revenge of the Sera
Episode 4: A New Hopelessness
Episode 5: The Pits Strike Back
Episode 6: Return of the Pharaphalyn
[/lameness]

I wonder if they actually will reveal the Pharaphalyn in part 6.
Violent_Paradan
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 31, 2005 2:20 pm

The only clue that those titles seem to give is that the EP6 title will ryme with the EP5 one.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:02 pm

I'm disgusted. Five posts and nobody has mentioned E6's REAL title.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:10 pm

Impossible wrote:I'm disgusted. Five posts and nobody has mentioned E6's REAL title.

NDA
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:38 pm

Very clever. That's not the one I meant.

|
|
|
|
v
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:46 pm

Oh... >_>

Well, interesting things do happen in Episode 6.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Gizmo » Wed Aug 31, 2005 5:16 pm

Damn, i was too late. I was going to suggest Rhue gets the sex he needs. Ah well.
Gizmo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:33 pm

Well, the title is very appropriate for the episode.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby RentACop » Thu Sep 01, 2005 12:30 am

I interpreted the episode 2 title as denying or denouncing the past, past memories, memories of the past, yadda yadda yadda. Of course, episodes 1, 2, and 3 kinda gel together in my head so I can't think of any instances where Rhue learns or does something that screws with what his memories tell him.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Sep 01, 2005 11:27 am

he'll probably just get a nervous breakdown and kill himself.

FIN.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Tue Sep 06, 2005 10:01 pm

Saga... Shhhh...
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Cerem » Mon Sep 12, 2005 12:22 am

Rhue does not need sex.
Because he was in prison. We all know what happened to him there.

:D

I think Episode 6 is going ot be named
Episode 6:
Rhue gets poontang
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Come to kill
The demons must
Cerem
Plyn

Next

Return to Estrana