"Shadow Swords can't be destroyed..."

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

"Shadow Swords can't be destroyed..."

Postby Dr. Casey » Tue Sep 06, 2005 3:51 pm

... so, where did good ol' Rhue of Landorin get this little tidbit from? I don't remember anyone ever mentioning this.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Tue Sep 06, 2005 4:49 pm

I thought i heard someone say they couldn't be destroyed but i could be wrong. Very perceptive though.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lancifer » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:17 pm

It is obvious that shadow swords cannot be destroyed because of the scene in Lide. Why would they keep something under protection when they could just destroy it? It doesn't make sence. That's whay Rhue thinks/knows shadow swords cannot be destroyed. I think someone said it to him too
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Silvercrow » Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:20 pm

I don't recall hearing that. Maybe I missed something though
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby DSOK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:11 pm

Lancifer wrote:It is obvious that shadow swords cannot be destroyed because of the scene in Lide.

Mind explaining how you came to that conclusion?
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Sep 06, 2005 8:42 pm

He just did.
Lancifer wrote:Why would they keep something under protection when they could just destroy it? It doesn't make sense.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Tue Sep 06, 2005 9:51 pm

Forerunner wrote:He just did.

I was attempting to use sarcasm to point out the weakness of his argument.
:roll:
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Sep 07, 2005 1:44 am

...sarcasm is the lowest form of humour... I don't often lower myself to acknowledge it...
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby DSOK » Wed Sep 07, 2005 9:44 am

Sarcasm is specifically mentioned in the rules as part of the character of this board. And officially, puns are the lowest form of humor.

Incidentally, Lancifer's argument, if it made any sense, would also imply that convicted criminals are cannot be destroyed.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Sep 07, 2005 11:17 am

shadow swords might be possible to dismantle or destroy, just like:

The one ring!

Maybe it's just not easy, maybe shadow swords wont bereak from weartear and brute force. maybe you need to spiritually destroy them, and i base that on that matter isn't evil, the one ring was evil cause sauron had "pured his malice" into it.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Lancifer » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:33 pm

My argument, was that because of the magical/dark/whatever nature of the shadow swords, the person/god/demon that created them would have deffinitely placed them under some kind of protection. If you have to power to make a weapon that powerful, you must have the power to protect it from being destroyed by your enimies, or the people that see it as "evil".

Yes, we can kill convicted criminals, and we do. (Down in the states, ya' do, anyways.) But what do any of us know about magic? Not alot.

All I am saying is if you create a legendary arsenal of swords that are pure evil, that you want to endure forever to corrupt and kill, you would probably make them indestructable.

Again in your case, you say we don't kill criminals. Okay, fair enough, but the point of a prison sentence is to REHABILITATE. Now I'm pretty sure it goes without saying that you can't rehabilitate a shadow sword. I beleive that the shadow swords and the Illuminati have been in effect since the birth of the way, and that neither of them are more impotant than the other, rather that they are 2 parts of a whole.

But who knows, maybe there are no blacksmiths in Lide to destroy it. Maybe they are afraid it's evil will be unleashed if they do. I don't know. But the simplist theory is that they are either indestructable or nearly indestructable.

What Telephalsion said also makes sence. Perhaps only an Illuminati can destroy a shadow sword, and vice versa.

And guys, guys...If you want me to explain what I think, just ask!
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby DSOK » Wed Sep 07, 2005 4:47 pm

I wouldn't expect that an ordinary forge could melt down a shadow sword, but I would say that about pretty much any powerful magical item, on The Way or anywere else. Magic is required to destroy magic. So your point hardly seems profound.

Also, I wouldn't be too sure you can't rehabilitate a shadow sword. There have definitely been theories proposed here that would allow it.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Postby Lancifer » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:05 pm

Ah!! Why's everybody always pickin' on me?! :cry:

I've made my suggestion and I'm stickin' with it. I think that shadow swords must be indestructable.
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:20 pm

Something just hit me. If a shadow sword and Illuminati fight which would win? Because if it depends on the user thats stupid because there really wouldn't be a difference between a shadow sword and a regular old one. So which is stronger?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jabbo » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:57 pm

First off, "[Rhue:] Shadow swords can't be destroyed..." (From the final scene in Ep5). But what does Rhue know about it, anyway?

Belthazar wrote:If a shadow sword and Illuminati fight which would win?

I think it probably depends on whoever has the stronger personality or emotional state. The most Purpose-following warrior with an Illuminati would probably beat Lyrra's Shadow Sword, but Traziun's incredible desire for revenge could probably make his Shadow Sword stronger than any Illuminati held by a regular Guided.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana