"Shadow Swords can't be destroyed..."

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby RentACop » Wed Sep 07, 2005 5:59 pm

When opposites or good and evil fight, the result generally depends on the universe. In the Star Wars EU a dozen of light jedi could slaughter a hundred dark jedi and their supporting stormtrooper divisions and still have the energy to throw a star destroyer into the sun, and then throw the sun into a black hole. Especially if a mary-sue like Corran Horn is around.

....So to answer your question I don't know. Maybe a matter/anti-matter style explosion? Er, actually my guess is that they're equals and it would depend on the user. I'm not quite sure what you mean when you say there wouldn't be any difference "between a shadow sword and a regular old one."
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lancifer » Wed Sep 07, 2005 10:06 pm

But remember when Rhue is in the pits (This is assuming he has an illuminati) and he fights the shadow man? He say's, and I quote: "My sword's going crazy!" Why? Because the other guy is most likely evil. (And I say most likely to avoid a page of arguments.)

My guess is that if an Illuminati wielder fought a Shadow Sword wielder, they would both fight until oblivion. Since neither side would likely be able to give up the fight(due to the influence of their weapons), one would eventually emerge victorious, but inevidibly collapse from exaustion right after. (This is assuming they are equally matched, and so fourth...) If the two fought eachother, I think they would likely BOTH be destroyed.

(Yes, I do fully realize that I made alot of assumptions to arrive at this conclusion.)
Lancifer
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Sep 08, 2005 1:03 pm

But remember when Rhue is in the pits (This is assuming he has an illuminati) and he fights the shadow man? He say's, and I quote: "My sword's going crazy!" Why? Because the other guy is most likely evil. (And I say most likely to avoid a page of arguments.)

The problem with that theory is that it works just as well if you believe Rhue has a shadow sword.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Thu Sep 08, 2005 4:48 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:The problem with that theory is that it works just as well if you believe Rhue has a shadow sword.

Except for the fact that Rhue was fighting against a shadow.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Jabbo » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:16 pm

Shadows don't have to be evil. Just because they're called Shadow Swords doesn't mean they relate to shadows at all; it could very easily just be a name.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Sep 08, 2005 6:39 pm

I agree its just a name and a myth.
Even though it does seem quite odvious that Illuminate would be "good" because they represent the Light and the shadow swords would be bad, because they represent the darkness.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby RentACop » Fri Sep 09, 2005 10:40 am

There's nothing that says shadow swords like each other. Perhaps they're like tanar'ri and baatezu?
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:29 pm

RentACop wrote:There's nothing that says shadow swords like each other. Perhaps they're like tanar'ri and baatezu?
what are they?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Sep 09, 2005 4:31 pm

Belthazar wrote:
RentACop wrote:There's nothing that says shadow swords like each other. Perhaps they're like tanar'ri and baatezu?
what are they?

Demons and Devils, Y'know, Bloodwars.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Winnipeg » Sat Sep 10, 2005 9:09 am

Why does no one ever seem to notice the actual meaning of illuminati? IRL, it was the name given to those who were baptized a long time ago (because they were given a candle representing the Holy Spirit) as well as a supposed secret organization. This fictional organization is a group of evil men who manipulate the world from behind the scenes (particularily world finance). I don't know, but it seems like an interesting choice of title for what we percieve to be the swords of light.
Winnipeg
Plyn

Postby Belthazar » Sat Sep 10, 2005 2:22 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Why does no one ever seem to notice the actual meaning of illuminati? IRL, it was the name given to those who were baptized a long time ago (because they were given a candle representing the Holy Spirit) as well as a supposed secret organization. This fictional organization is a group of evil men who manipulate the world from behind the scenes (particularily world finance). I don't know, but it seems like an interesting choice of title for what we percieve to be the swords of light.
where did you find all of this information?
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Sep 10, 2005 4:06 pm

Probably from one of the other topics on the board. :lol:

Someone had made a topic about this recently I think, and its been mentioned a few times.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Sat Sep 10, 2005 7:15 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Why does no one ever seem to notice the actual meaning of illuminati?

I think it's because illuminati is such a positive-sounding word... it doesn't translate directly from Latin, although if it did, it'd probably be "those which light the way." The word illuminati can also mean an enlightened one. I think that because the word has so much to do with light, which we associate with good, we automatically assume that the word means something holy. Strange how that works.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby RentACop » Sun Sep 11, 2005 11:29 pm

Winnipeg wrote: This fictional organization is a group of evil men who manipulate the world from behind the scenes (particularily world finance).

Actually the organization did exist around the 1780's, but they fell apart once the government of Bavaria banned secret societies.

Jabbo wrote:Strange how that works.

Not really. The night is dark and full of terrors.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Winnipeg » Mon Sep 12, 2005 8:15 pm

Actually, I was referring to the modern rehash of the Organization which is, in fact a fictional organization. The organization you speak of did not control world finance considering it would be nearly impossible to do so in the 1780s.

And actually, I get my information from simple dictionary definitions. I'm surprised no one bothers to look things up.
Winnipeg
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana