Wes is the phatom slasher.

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Winnipeg » Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:01 am

Don't we see him playing double agent in Estrana though? Kind of like he's deceiving both sides?
Winnipeg
Plyn

Postby DMC » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:48 am

I've often wondered if there's more than one Phantom Slasher. If it's Rhue's Shadow Sword that causes him to turn into the Phantom Slasher then couldn't other people who possess Shadow Swords also be effected in much the same way? It would probably depend on what effects that particular Shadow Sword has on a person, but I think the basics of it would be the same.
DMC
Wanderer

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Sat Nov 12, 2005 12:16 pm

Winnipeg wrote:Don't we see him playing double agent in Estrana though? Kind of like he's deceiving both sides?

yeah see this is what I mean, he could have his whole own agenda
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:18 am

O.K O.K i was half asleep when I was playing the way for the first time so I didn'y realy notice what they were saying and no I don't pay much attention a lot of the time bacase I have a short attention span. Anyway, it wasn't neccessarily the Landorin Stretch, it could have been an illusion.
And I now realsie that Srata is not the second bllody lyn who broke their oath, it is Gaius.When Traziun is talking with Kloe, he tells her that the other guy who broke their oath is in Estraa as well and that Kloe knoes who it is and is foind of them. KLOE LOVES GAIUS! So it must be Gaius who broke their second oath. Thats settles that matter. Sorry I didn't reply sooner but I've been ill and also my dad's computer doesn't have working interenet.

By the way when I was fighting Strata at the beginning of Episode 5 in the tournament he managed to inflict 264 damage points on me! Talk about overkill my damage threshold was only 22. And the second time I fought him at the end of Episode 5 he did 64 damage to me. How the hell is that possible!? Strata is queer. Is strata beatable? The first time I can understand if you're supposed to lose to him but is he beatable he second time?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby rodgy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:24 am

you practicaly have to get all notch items and absorb them to beat him second time the first time well if you last long enough you get a bonus
rodgy
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:37 am

Yes but how the hell do you block 264 damage!?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Silvercrow » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:42 am

Sling wrote:Yes but how the hell do you block 264 damage!?

Don't use risk attacks.

In E6, I've done over 200 damage easily.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby rodgy » Mon Nov 14, 2005 5:52 am

yes risks are bad at that point if you play it right he'll only do about 15-20 damage try beat him in the choosing attack bits and hope you get a few cool winds to
rodgy
Wanderer

Postby Sling » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:41 am

Okay, I'm going to atempt to fight Strata (wish me luck) and by the way I didn't use a Risk Attack. I used Cross-Sweep with the Blade Art Crippler and it was a link attack and I did 29 damage and reduced his Dmg Threshold by 5 points and inflicted a 1 step injury on him (i think). I restored 10 hit points.
My stats were
Plunge:9
Damage Threshold: 22
Critical Strength: 5
Critical %: 5
Strides:8

He used a Risk Attack Lunge-Cut with some Step 3 maybe Step 4 blade art
which previously had inflicted 28 damage when he had gained a Risk Bonus. 264!? The most amount if damge I have ever inflicted on someone was 108.

But I made up for this in the fight against Kygar I did 64 damage to him and instantly defetaed him in 3 moves. But my Plunge Stats are shit and I have found nearly every Notch Item. I am a Deralyn though, so that's pretty good.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Silvercrow » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:00 am

Plunge:9

That's your problem.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:03 am

Tell me about it.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Mon Nov 14, 2005 6:19 pm

lol have you been transferring your save slots from the last game to the next? I didn't do that the first time...XD so yeah I sucked, but yeah you MUST absorb alot of those rocks just to do a good number with Strata instead of just running off luck
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Mon Nov 14, 2005 7:55 pm

If he did 200+ though, he probably used the Ender blade art, correct?

Ender only has that level of effectivness against foes that are considerably weaker than the user, so there you go.

And Ender is step 4.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:40 pm

I likes fighting Kygar. Killing him in 1 hit is a boost of confidence after Strata axes you.
And fighting strata the second time relies a lot on chance. I only missed 3 items, and it still really depends on who is the first mperson to do a lvl4 injury to the other... the battle never lasts long enough for us to lower each others health to 0.
So the best thing to do is always absorb lyn rocks and.... whatever the rocks that increase your damage threshhold are... and then just battle over and over again until you lvl4 injury him before he does it to you.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:48 am

When I first played E5, I arrived at Strata with a Plunge of 8. I reloaded from an earlier slot, found two more rocks, and barely beat Strata through an act of God (Seriously, everything went right and I still only had 8 HP left when he went down.. and no Step 4 was involved). Maybe you should do the same.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana