How many rounds?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Jabbo » Sun Sep 25, 2005 10:53 am

There's no code for Strata's death at all, just Rhue's. I wonder what would happen if you got his Plunge rating down so low that he couldn't hurt you... I guess you'd have to start over because you couldn't die.

I tried for awhile, but I've never been able to get off more than two Lanners or last longer than 7 rounds. I guess I'm just unlucky or something.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sun Sep 25, 2005 12:36 pm

I had a Plunge of 6 and 88 HP at the start of Episode 5, so at the most, I'd last until the fourth pass.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Sep 25, 2005 1:58 pm

I'm tryng to beat it now, sooo hard.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Sep 26, 2005 5:56 am

heheheheheheheh.....
Ask Squiggy how long he lasted. Squiggy is 'He who shall not get any items'.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Sep 26, 2005 8:47 am

I did it, woohoo. SAdly loona's super save file wasn't very super, sorya died. :(
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Shindy » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:33 am

wha... isnt loona's save file boosted as much as possible?
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 9:45 am

I wonder... in terms of luck could it be possible to go through the way without using notch stones, or maybe only using certain notch stones... just a thought since there walkthroughs for other games that suggests that sort of challenge (for example, ff7 only use inital weapons throughout game or dont use materia throughout game etc)

:idea:
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby TeppicTheBloodLyn » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:14 am

http://www.geocities.com/jabbo_kaldra/way_faq.txt

Go to the chapter "Making the Game Harder (SXH)"

Courtesy of Jabbo's signature.
Richard Dawkins wrote:Life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators.

TeppicTheBloodLyn
S3 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Sep 26, 2005 12:53 pm

Jabbo wrote:There's no code for Strata's death at all, just Rhue's. I wonder what would happen if you got his Plunge rating down so low that he couldn't hurt you... I guess you'd have to start over because you couldn't die.

I tried for awhile, but I've never been able to get off more than two Lanners or last longer than 7 rounds. I guess I'm just unlucky or something.

Actually, this is the exact problem I was facing while recording the videos of episode 5. I always use one of Lun's customized "uber" savefiles for it and the result was that Strata could not hurt me, not even for 1 damage. I kept hitting at him for a long time too, but nothing ever happened. No point in coding anything nobody will ever see while playing legitamately.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Flibbo » Mon Sep 26, 2005 1:07 pm

Sephiroth555 wrote:I wonder... in terms of luck could it be possible to go through the way without using notch stones, or maybe only using certain notch stones...

hmmm, i kinda doubt it. In sections when you dont have a healer you'd be pretty boned. It's sort of like going through final fantasy 7 while trying to stay at level 5 throughout.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sephiroth555 » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:09 pm

Heh, very true. Maybe that idea was a tad extreme, but Jabbo's suggestions in his FAQ are quite good.
Sephiroth555
S1 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:11 pm

course why would someone not want to use notch items.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Mon Sep 26, 2005 11:10 pm

Wow, good job at paying attention. People would want to not use notch items for a CHALLENGE.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Sep 27, 2005 4:08 am

Meh. I like kicking arse in the plunge with nobody standing a chance against me. But I think that there should be a lot more chances for you to raise your damage threshhold because did anybody else notice that in the last battle with Strata it was way to easy to either get lvl4 injury or lvl4 injury him. It's nice to whoop asss but not when the battles only ever last 1 or 2 attacks. Your power outweights your endurance.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Cerem » Tue Sep 27, 2005 5:45 am

I noticed that.
I also noticed that as the fight wore on, even without one of us having our plunge taken down, one of the fighters will begin doing a simple 0 for damage.
Ashes to ashes
Dust to dust
Come to kill
The demons must
Cerem
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana