Shadows..

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Querente » Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Well, I finished Episode 5. And although it answers some questions, it also provides a lot more mysteries. (Which is a good thing :) ).

For one thing, I do not believe Gladius's revelation at the ending. The PS portrait is different. Yeah, I made sure of it this time :)

I didnt consider that Traziun made created a shadow to slow down others. Actually, I dont think that it is. Traz couldnt know people were that close to him, neither is a skill to create shadows even seen before in the Way.

But if you are right, that _might_ mean the Shadow being created by Traz is actually part of the Shadow Blades. (both rather shadowy :) ). That could mean that the PS might be a shadow being from Rhue's sword? ( PS kills "bad" people around Rhue, it helps rhue in escaping from jail, returns the blade ,his "home", to his "master" Rhue, etc). Shadow beings could be like a soul to each shadow blade, or atleast some kind of "sentient aura" .

Perhaps in that light, Gladius means his revelation about the PS and Rhue and his sword.
Querente
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:31 pm

Based on that, what do you think the connection is between all the people you know have been killed by the PS? (bad people is alittle to broad).

I do not believe Gladius's revelation at the ending.

Now that ones quite a misspelling.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Oct 08, 2005 1:42 pm

Hahaha!
That's a really sad spelling.
Didn't you pay attention whenever it said Gaius?
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Querente » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:20 pm

Geesh, what a crappy response for misspellings. Most likely I typed in Gladius because it is a familiar name (including for a sword), rather then Gaius.

And no..I don't really pay attention to the spelling of names, as names are not that important to me. I rather focus on the character themselves, aka personalities. Which ofcourse, leads to typo's. Traz is prolly another name I will make typo's off in the near future.
Querente
Wanderer

Postby Querente » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:29 pm

As for the question about the relations of all the killed people...it might be that PS considers everyone bad on a few things. 1) the persons are truelly bad in the way of murderers, criminals and bandits. And 2) bad as in hindering Rhue's progress. In short, it's perspective on people is " tainted" by Rhue's own views. Ie. everyone is a bother to him and no one understands him.

The last group would include the wanderers in episode one. Gaius and Traz and the others, are actually helping him further onto the Way, by giving him some muscle to overcome monsters and such.
Querente
Wanderer

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:02 pm

OMG!!! DOUBEL POSTER!!! JOO NooB!!
WTF!!! y cant joo just use teh EDIT bottn you noobular guy?
(use edit next time)

I always liked to think the Gaius accually beleves that Rhue accually is the PS. I mean he has blue hair, why would he lie?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:30 pm

Burning_Flame wrote:I mean he has blue hair, why would he lie?

Blue hair? How does that affect whether he would lie?
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:03 pm

well what are your thoughts on gaius? Is he a good or bad guy? Why is he acting differently than before?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sun Oct 09, 2005 5:12 pm

Belthazar wrote:well what are your thoughts on gaius? Is he a good or bad guy? Why is he acting differently than before?

He is kind of more mysterious and evil, but I think he is a neutral character-not really good or bad. He just wants to do what he wants for himself, but isn't too crazy about it, like Rhue.

I think he is acting differently because there is something he needs, like maybe Rhue's shadow sword to save someone important or vanquish someone evil.

(I am now a Plyn!!!)
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby TeppicTheBloodLyn » Sun Oct 09, 2005 11:57 pm

Belthazar wrote:well what are your thoughts on gaius? Is he a good or bad guy? Why is he acting differently than before?

You know those old western movies where the hero has a white hat and the bad guy has a black one? Gaius is like the guy in the grey hat that changes sides half way.

...not really sure who the black hat is.
Richard Dawkins wrote:Life results from the non-random survival of randomly varying replicators.

TeppicTheBloodLyn
S3 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Mon Oct 10, 2005 4:00 pm

TeppicTheBloodLyn wrote:You know those old western movies where the hero has a white hat and the bad guy has a black one? Gaius is like the guy in the grey hat that changes sides half way.

and who is the white hat?
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Mon Oct 10, 2005 5:00 pm

Belthazar wrote:
TeppicTheBloodLyn wrote:You know those old western movies where the hero has a white hat and the bad guy has a black one? Gaius is like the guy in the grey hat that changes sides half way.

and who is the white hat?

Maybe Traziun, but his hat is like getting darker.
Not Rhue, for sure, because he's killing too many people.

Strata has the black hat, because he's like Rhue's rival.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby darkone » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:17 pm

OK here are some things i found out. The shadow in the pits looks A LOT LIKE MIDIAN. its the hair... also Rhue looks almost exactly like PS and if you see they both kinda hold their swords the same way. And I agree with the Shadow Projection theory a bit. If Rhue IS the PS then he wouldnt be able to return his own sword UNLESS it was a projection from the sword. And im surprised Rhue didnt know his sword was a shadow sword, or at least didnt make it clear that he did.
darkone
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Tue Oct 11, 2005 12:23 am

NO, YOU'VE ALL GOT IT COMPLETELY WRONG! THE TRUTH IS...

No, damn, still getting it. >_> <_< THE TRUTH WILL NOT DOWNLOAD QUICKLY.

(First and last time I will do this. I just really wanted to.)
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Forerunner » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:22 am

Have any of you seen serenity?

Well no matter. I think Gaius is like that holy guy. He THINKS he's got it all figured out and he doesnt care about anything else so why doubt or question. But I do think Gaius' statement at the end of episode 5 is partially wrong.

I don't doubt that Rhue in some way is involved with or part of the PS, but Rhue himslef cannot be the PS entirely otherwise we'd know exactly what the PS is.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana