EP5 Tidbits in RM2k

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

EP5 Tidbits in RM2k

Postby Victor » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:51 am

While looking at EP5 in RM2k I noticed a few interesting things that I didn't recall having seen mentioned before and I wanted to share. I suppose it's possible I may have missed them before, since I've only been lurking here since I found The Way sometime in May.

A code for Scatha's Rage:

A switch named "Slade_Message" is turned on if it was off when she says her rage thing.

There's a 1 in 21 chance the following conversation may pop up:

Scatha: What do you think is worsssse Rhue, to have loved and to have lossst, or to never have loved at all?

Rhue: I suppose to have loved and lost.

Scatha: Do you know what's worsssse than that?

Rhue: No, what?

Scatha: To have lost and then to know that you'll never be loved again!

An alternate message:

Scatha: Thisss is for my ssssister!

There's also two sections called "Episode 6 Test" and "Episode 6 backup" with battle code.

Notes indicate that certain code parts at the beginning of a battle belong to the following characters: Midian, Sacrifa, Sorya, and Lexus. Although it is a bit suspicious since these notes use "+"'s as lines to set them off, whereas the notes for the characters from EP5 have "="'s for lines.

The code itself refers to an empty character slot, though a different one each. No doubt this is just a placeholder for EP6, so the names in the notes could easily be red herrings from Lun.

Scatha's rage code seems to have been reused for "Slade's rage", and the messages yelled have also been changed accordingly, although no conversations this time.

The Dancing Violet code has some messages referring to Lexus, and also to Cetsa, but that doesn't say much about whether any of them will appear in EP6, since the same code seems to have been used by merely changing the names/char. references where appropriate to Red Zero/Lexus/Cetsa/etc.

"Midian" apparently can change swords midfight or something like that.

There is a page of code called with "LEXUS and RHUE DOUBLE ATTACK" and another identical page with "SORYA" instead of "LEXUS", although both seem to have references to the same empty character slot. So again, at least one of them is probably a red herring.

Finally, there is another page of code with some sort of "Flirting"/"Playful" attacks/skills involving Rhue and Sorya. A lot of random short messages depending on whether it succeeded or not and so on. I can't say that it seems like Rhue would tell Lexus "I wouldn't want you if you were the last woman on the Way." though.

Anyway, Lexus is dead (:(), so unless she and Rhue end up fighting shadows in spirit world, I doubt we'll see her fighting along with Rhue.

There may be other interesting things in there, but with EP6 so close I can almost taste it *wishful thinking*, and my being busy, I doubt I'll be taking any more looks around for now.
Victor
Plyn

Postby RentACop » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:27 pm

Some of this is actually new and interesting information. I salute you.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:31 pm

The Scatha's rage stuff gets you a heart stone i think, and about the EP6 test stuff, we've had a topic on that before:
http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=458
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Jabbo » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:01 pm

I posted a little bit about this here, in addition to Sage's stuff: http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=1317

I haven't seen the Scatha messages before though, I must have missed them.
The Way FAQ (Now updated, more or less, for Episode 6)
Jabbo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Victor » Wed Oct 05, 2005 11:23 am

Well, I'm embarrassed now. As I was reading Sage's thread I got a sense of deja vu, like I had read it before. Maybe that's where I got the idea to look around in rm2k in the first place, though I had forgotten the specifics.

I guess I wouldn't be surprised if just about anything in all 5 episodes had already been discussed once or twice by now.
Victor
Plyn

Postby Sling » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:42 am

Rm2k/3 is better than Rm2k as you have decent battle
layouts.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:30 pm

Thank you for that completly pointless comment. Not to mention that rm2k3's battle system was probably its weakest part due to the lack or resources.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:02 pm

Rm2k3 is only better because of not having to program a "wait for press key" button. The DBS sucks because making your own BattleCharSets suck.

And.....
Victor wrote:Notes indicate that certain code parts at the beginning of a battle belong to the following characters: Midian, Sacrifa, Sorya, and Lexus. Although it is a bit suspicious since these notes use "+"'s as lines to set them off, whereas the notes for the characters from EP5 have "="'s for lines.

The +'s and ='s are usually used to stand out, so programmers can find sections easily.
Last edited by AznChipmunk on Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Terra » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:22 pm

Nevermind the fact that the RM2K3 DBS is slow as hell, and I don't think there's any way to increase it... and besides, lots of people (me included) LIKE the Dragon Quest style battle system. Plus there's the fact that all you need is battle animations and enemies. Creating that many battle sprites would SUCK, believe me... I know first hand...
Terra
Plyn

Postby Oipo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:04 am

It's what you prefer though...rmxp for its leet scripts, rm2k for its speed...rm2k3 for its slow DBS....
I prefer rmxp, though i never use it ^_^
Oipo
Plyn

Postby GaMa » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:14 pm

Oipo wrote:It's what you prefer though...rmxp for its leet scripts, rm2k for its speed...rm2k3 for its slow DBS....
I prefer rmxp, though i never use it ^_^

RMXP.... (shivers) When making games on rmxp, they either like to freeze on you, or go at a measily 2-5FPS. Even though the color depth is increased, screen sized has quadrupled, and now you have alpha channel support, all of these just made the game even slower. RGSS is a pretty cool feature in it (using Ruby as its parser)
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby Oipo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:57 pm

I never experience such things...actually, it goes quite fast on my PC.
And no, i do not have a state of the art computer. A mediocre 1600 mHz duron processor. That says enough.
Try to run it on a tweaked winblows, instead of fresh from install winblows.
Oipo
Plyn

Return to Estrana