EP6

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:32 pm

Eckolin, I played the one in your sig. Pretty damn sweet. I had a little issue with the sound: for some reason, the music only came out the left side (I was wearing headphones, if it matters). The SFX were fine, however.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:39 pm

It was pretty good, I had a few problems though. Like my health was red, then it went back up... Not that i'm copmplaining about that but you may want too look into it. And the Headhunter, is he always suppost to mirror you?
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:56 pm

Episode 6 was pretty fun, you play with this guy called "Rhue."
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:28 pm

The music only came out of one speaker for me, and all the sound effects (and bird chirping) came out the other. Which was cool in its own right. >_> Blade Art animations would be awesome, if you can get them in.

I couldn't tell whether or not I was getting both bonuses when I used the stronger attack and with both used a Risk. I would have expected that to do more than 20 damage. And it semed like the FP bar was filling very... strangely. Possibly too fast.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:30 pm

eckolin, awesomeness, it fucked up my sound when i tried to exit (how are you supposed to ext? i bashed escape) maybe it's just me, but the numbers seem like, flipped over, you know, if rhue uses cool wind his enemy will have the number over him. maybe i was just tired, keep it up, and work with the other dudes to create the bestest engine possible.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:07 pm

yea its so fun. Oh and check the healing for the blade art down pour cause at least for me it healed less than cool wind.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 7:08 pm

Eckolin wrote:+1 point for the bladeart animations.
Heh, actually, I didn't code the actual animation. I wrote the interface, the methods, and the Jagged Edge animation. Then, I got a friend who was helping me with the programming to code in the rest of the Blade Art animation. After he was done, I spent a bit of time fixing up some of it, since a few were off. But other than that, the majority of the grunt work was not done by me, since at that time, I was coding the blade arts themselves.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Eckolin » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:36 am

Yes, apparently the balance for the music is set to the left speaker for some reason... It's not in my code, so I don't know what to do about it just now.

As for the physics, I based those on the Wanderer's Guide and on the faq.
Downpour gives 20% healing of the hit you dealt, so it will be less effective until your damage starts exceeding 20.

More on topic:
That guy Rhue you supposedly play with in episode 6 sounds interesting, perhaps I'll give it a try when it comes out.
This could be a plunge game - Except it has 'issues' -
Eckolin
Wanderer

Postby Oipo » Sun Oct 30, 2005 6:43 am

The java plunge is quite laggy for me, but playable. The sound sounds quite normal. And it's overall a nice game.

On-topic: I just recently finished E5 and can hardly wait for E6.
Furthermore, What if rhue killed traziun's mother, and traziun wants to kill rhue?

and did anyone notice that Jeruh is Rhue, but with one letter more? And scatha, chasta?
Indicating that jeruh, and rhue *might* be the same person.
Oipo
Plyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:26 am

Oipo wrote:The java plunge is quite laggy for me, but playable. The sound sounds quite normal. And it's overall a nice game.
Indeed. I know that there is quite a lag problem. However, I think I can fix that by creating a larger heap size for the program. If you want to try it, change the contents Test.bat to the following:
Code: Select all
java -Xmx512m us.crestfallen.theplunge.PlungeTest

You must have more than 512 mb of RAM.

Disclaimer: Use at your own risk. If your computer crashes, melts, blows up, I am not responsible.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Eckolin » Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:06 pm

512 MB? One has got to love Java and graphic applications.
Eckolin
Wanderer

Postby AznChipmunk » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:53 pm

The download doesn't work for me.
The one in Eckolin's sig, I mean.
Last edited by AznChipmunk on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:13 pm

Eckolin wrote:512 MB? One has got to love Java and graphic applications.
Indeed. That's just a tenative number that I use while testing - I haven't actually fine tuned the heap settings yet. Even with 512 mb of memory, is STILL runs a bit choppy. It's only noticable right after the Blade Art animations. I'm going to try to revamp the entire graphic display classes, along with fixing the sound.

Joy.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:44 am

AznChipmunk wrote:The download doen'st work for me.

Me either... don;t know why though.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Eckolin » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:30 am

Forerunner wrote:
AznChipmunk wrote:The download doesn't work for me.

Me either... don't know why though.

There should be a stderr.txt file with an error message if it crashes. ( But in that case it's probably a Segmentation Fault: SDL Parachute deployed which could mean anything.) PM me, this is technically an episode 6 thread.

Quit pressing esc, should work at all times.
Eckolin
Wanderer

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana