Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:27 pm

Never mind then...
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Escreon » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:33 am

SpaceBoy2000 wrote:
Escreon wrote:...did Spaceboy die while I was away from the forums? He was working on the plunge game, and he'd made his early alpha (which couldn't be downloaded because of a crappy server, heh.)
Ah, my current state of existance is hard to define. I'm being basically swarmed with homework and assignments that i haven't really paid much attention online.

Yes, I am currently making a Plunge Game playable online. Probably Street Fighter style (predefined characters and all). But that will take a while for me to make since I barely have time to sleep, much less code. I'll probably continue developing it over winter break, though if I don't get it right by then, be prepared to wait until next summer.

I've set up my own webserver at home, so this should be more stable.
http://spaceboy2k.game-host.org/The_Plunge.zip

Well made :P
Has the potential to be a very good game. (Yes! You're alive! I knew it!)
Original Ending:

Unseen: Lyn Copyright Lawyers destroy whole of way.
Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Location: *looks around* erm... a... place... I think it has a computer in it...

Postby GaMa » Thu Nov 03, 2005 12:55 pm

SpaceBoy2000 wrote:
Escreon wrote:...did Spaceboy die while I was away from the forums? He was working on the plunge game, and he'd made his early alpha (which couldn't be downloaded because of a crappy server, heh.)
Ah, my current state of existance is hard to define. I'm being basically swarmed with homework and assignments that i haven't really paid much attention online.

Yes, I am currently making a Plunge Game playable online. Probably Street Fighter style (predefined characters and all). But that will take a while for me to make since I barely have time to sleep, much less code. I'll probably continue developing it over winter break, though if I don't get it right by then, be prepared to wait until next summer.

I've set up my own webserver at home, so this should be more stable.
http://spaceboy2k.game-host.org/The_Plunge.zip

For some reason, the game only worked once and continuously gave me errors after trying to open test.bat again. I tried openning all the java files into JCreator, and running it from there. It worked for the first part (selecting Plunge area) but then started to give me Invalid Input errors.
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby Eckolin » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:55 pm

That's clearly java's fault.
This could be a plunge game - Except it has 'issues' -
Eckolin
Wanderer

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Thu Nov 03, 2005 9:18 pm

Well, you konw, you COULD tell me about the errors. I just might be a tad interested in what's not working you know.

And yes, it has to be Java's fault. There IS a reason why I'm rewriting the core.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby GaMa » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:05 am

Exception in thread 'main' java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: /us/crestfallen/theplunge/PlungeTest

Thats the error
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby GaMa » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:57 am

I figured out how to fix it. I loaded it up in JCreator 3.5 LE and tried to compile it. I received an error: Unsafe or Unchecked methods Recompile with -Xint. So I opened up cmd and typed java -Xint PlungeTest and worked fine after that =P
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Sat Dec 24, 2005 1:18 pm

Heh. Well, I fixed the sound issues, though it'll require more processing power now since it's just a quick fix.

And yes, I will fix those errors. Well, they're technically "warnings", but annoying nonetheless. Just from some iffy coding on my part. I'll get to them eventually...I hope.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Aegis » Sat Dec 24, 2005 11:44 pm

I shall say again: the plunge sucks.

Aegis wrote:I know. I just hate the plunge with all my heart. Now, an online thingy of the regular the Way battle systm (which is pretty damn tactical) would rock. Another thing that would be pretty neat is a Diablo-style thing, where up to 8 players can wander a large-but-not-massive area of the way. I think Gamemaker might be able to handle something like that.

If it has to be a little battle system, at least make it the normal battle system, and not that stupid luck-based plunge crap.

Ah, almost frogot:

<Alundaio>
Lun has allowed me to create a MMORPG of The Way. I will keep you updated on the release of an Alpha Version for you people. This will allow you to give me feedback and to give me ideas of what you would like to see in the game. I'm basically doing this for you guys. lol you Way addicted freaks! Plus I will be seeking volunteers to help create graphics, such as characters/npcs. I will be using RM2K graphics for the alpha, and I will update it to newer graphics at a later date.

<Alundaio>
Sorry I haven't responded in like a week. But I'm on Break from class now for about a month, so I have alot more spare time. So i will be working on the game when I don't have to hang out with my girlfriend or work. All I have to do before an Alpha release is to actually code the plunge. It shouldn't be that hard really, its the connection between players that will be. Connecting to the server and other players is already done. So alot has been done basically. The Alpha will not include equipping blade arts and will lack other stuff such as using notch items. I plan on working out a way to make automatic updates, so when you connect it will start downloading an update and patch. But we'll see. And for you people asking for an RP server. Here is how it is going to be: When you first start the program, it will login to a master server, and will get your player stats and items out of a database. Anyone will be able to host during the alpha and beta releases, no matter what server you connect to you will always have your stats saved on the master server. So don't worry, once you create an account, you will be able to host/join any server with that characters stats. I'm not too sure how many people can connect to a single server before it lags, but thats why testing will start so early in the process. I do plan on adding a unique battle system too, which will only be when you fight monsters. It would help if you people can throw out some ideas on how to Fairly raise stats. Maybe doing "quests"/"Missions" for money and notch items will be good. that way, it will be fair for those people who have done them. And there will be a 'hiscore' so too speak, which will be the players Class such as "Hylyn". Ideas are always welcome.
[/quote]
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

Postby Lumino » Mon Jan 09, 2006 4:12 pm

YOU think the Plunge sucks. Many MORE people love the Plunge. I think ye be outvoted.
Lumino
Plyn

Previous

Return to Estrana