Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I can try to use www.byond.com to make it

yes
86%
no (i like the way it already is)
14%

Total votes : 36

Postby Oipo » Wed Nov 02, 2005 3:10 pm

Meh. I'm still learning every programming language out there. If you want to team up, i'd accept probably. But seeing it isn't neccesary...
Oipo
Plyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:06 pm

I sign up to work on this...

I'm not always available though, since I'm already making my own game...
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Oipo » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:49 am

Byond isn't one of the best things to make games with though....
Oipo
Plyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Nov 03, 2005 4:37 pm

Oipo wrote:Byond isn't one of the best things to make games with though....

Aslong as it makes a working game, quality makes no difrence to me. Like Mario, BAd graphics, but amazing game.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Oipo » Fri Nov 04, 2005 8:15 am

True, but it's got some stuff it can't do. Or stuff that is very hard to do. And stuff that doesn't work as you wish it would :P
Oipo
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Nov 04, 2005 9:17 pm

Mario has bad graphics? I have never played a Mario game in which I thought the graphics were even remotely not at the level required for the game, or in which anything actually looked bad or needed improvement.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Nov 04, 2005 10:10 pm

please dont let this become a nintendo discussion...
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:24 am

Impossible wrote:Mario has bad graphics? I have never played a Mario game in which I thought the graphics were even remotely not at the level required for the game, or in which anything actually looked bad or needed improvement.

Maby he was comparing the old ones to the graphics of today. I dont know why you would do that, but thats the only thing that comes to mind.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Nov 05, 2005 11:25 am

I think the old 2d mario games were beter than the 3d ones, somehow more gracious.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:16 pm

My favorite Mario games are the RPG's. There all good though.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Sat Nov 05, 2005 12:22 pm

Paper Mario!!!! Good times, good times.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Sat Nov 05, 2005 1:17 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
Impossible wrote:Mario has bad graphics? I have never played a Mario game in which I thought the graphics were even remotely not at the level required for the game, or in which anything actually looked bad or needed improvement.

Maby he was comparing the old ones to the graphics of today. I dont know why you would do that, but thats the only thing that comes to mind.

Accually, I was comparing it to the older games, Like Ninja Turtles, It had better graphics. Bad was the wrong word to use, because I loved the old mario graphics, um.... pixelated? But still Mario Rocks.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby The_Oppressor » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:58 pm

If a Plunge game was to be created, it would be best to have it as an 'add-on' to each of The Way episodes and not a completely different game altogether. Then maybe extras like customisable characters and multiple backgrounds could be added to this Plunge game. Or possibly the user may have to log in to load up the user's stats for Rhue and play as him. There could also be multiple tournaments held in the game as a survival version of the Plunge.
God invented whisky so the Irish wouldn't rule the world
The_Oppressor
Wanderer

Postby Winnipeg » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:22 pm

The problem is that Rm2k has none of the capabilities or complexities to do any kind of online play. So that's kinda impossible
Winnipeg
Plyn

Postby Alundaio » Thu Dec 01, 2005 8:03 am

Let me make an online The Way. I promise I wouldn't let you people down. I'll make a small alpha version. Let you all see what i can do. Not just a plunge game...a small MMORPG. Where you can wander the way, create and customize a character, Explore different strecthes, challenge people to plunges, and many other things. But in the demo i'll make it so you can join a server and the stats are saved, and you can walk around and chat...then i'll add the plunge system and so forth. But the big thing is, since graphics take the longest thing to make, unless you have a team, would you all mind if its the same RM2K graphics? just the sprites and tiles.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
Alundaio
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana