I can try to use www.byond.com to make it

yes
86%
no (i like the way it already is)
14%

Total votes : 36

Would you play the Plunge game?

Postby Belthazar » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:31 pm

I can try to use http://www.byond.com to make it but i just want to know if people would be willing to play it and whether i should attempt to create it.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

Postby rodgy » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:16 pm

of course we would
rodgy
Wanderer

Postby Winnipeg » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:34 pm

Only if you can find a reasonable way to pump up your stats in the game. If it's just EXP based, it'll get boring.
Winnipeg
Plyn

Postby Kyle » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:41 pm

First of all, if you're going to create it, don't do it without Lun's consent and input, it's still his IP.

Second, if you're going to do it, do it well. Think about what you would enjoy playing first. For example, just having two people plunge against each othre, nothing more, would be extremely boring. You'll need a decent character (creation) screen where you can set and see every last plunge detail (such as Blade Arts, plunge stats, ...). I also noticed this game engine is based more around walking around. In this case having a place to hold a tournament would be a good spot to center the game around (like in Ep4&5).

I voted yes, for the record and hope that it will be completed :)
Good luck!
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:57 pm

A nice project would be to create a large settlement at first, think estrana, with a plunge arena where players can bout, then succesively add sterches around it, filled with notch items and enemies to kill, preferably you'd be able to do friendly and agressive matches out in the sterches, friendly just give the players some training, add some ctp and such, while agressive can kill players off, if players die their stats drop.

In that settlement you have the basic things, some inns where you can set your player to rest, a hospital where dead or severly injured players get sent to, shops for purchasing notch items, and some dojo, gym for learning blade arts, or even just incerasing stats.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Flibbo » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:07 pm

i'd play it, and if i liked it i'd probably play it again.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby Koren The Wanderer » Sun Oct 23, 2005 5:26 pm

Sounds cool. It might even persuade me to d/l and install Byond, which Dragon Warrior Online couldn't. As for ideas, yeah I'd love any game with lots of character creating options. Like a screen where you can choose to be a Blood Lyn, a Blue Scarve, Araztosti, Shadow Lord, Wanderer etc.., each with special class attributes.
Koren The Wanderer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Escreon » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:18 am

Isn't Spaceboy making a plunge game? Or maybe he died?
Original Ending:

Unseen: Lyn Copyright Lawyers destroy whole of way.
Escreon
S1 Hilyn

Location: *looks around* erm... a... place... I think it has a computer in it...

Postby Impossible » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:19 am

BYOND is definitely the perfect medium for an online plunge, in any case... I'm surprised I didn't already think of it. But, say, each player would be allocated a certain number of stat points... Maybe a separate count for Strides that everyone gets, too, which could be increased by doing well? Although that would be confusing, because it's the losers who need more Strides, but the winners would be getting all of them and becoming overpowered... Yeah, this is why we had notch items...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Iteroth » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:30 am

If you're going to use BYOND, why not make it more than just the Plunge? I mean, the engine is designed so that it's easy to make MMOGs, so why not get a few people on a team and create a Way themed online game?

Of course the plunge would be easier than a whole world, but with the engine I imagine you could design a Stretch for people to play on, then while they're doing that, work on another Stretch for later release.

lol

Oh well, I'd play the Plunge game anyway
8)
Iteroth
S5 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:20 am

Go for it I say
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby GaMa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:50 pm

How about the ability to spectate =) Be part of the crowd =D BURN THEM ALL XD
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby Phile » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:01 pm

yay :D maybe after the release of Ep6, Lun and his crew (iamtheverb, right?) are willing to support you a little regarding conceptions and graphics. I suppose Lun takes some time to relax before he ventures on Ep7 and this would be a cool way to spend his "vacations" :mrgreen: ok, I am not too serious about that. Probably it would be better for him to entirely forget about "the Way" for a few days, or even weeks....
what the heck am I talking about :shock:
Phile
Plyn

Postby GaMa » Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:03 pm

Phile wrote:yay :D maybe after the release of Ep6, Lun and his crew (iamtheverb, right?) are willing to support you a little regarding conceptions and graphics. I suppose Lun takes some time to relax before he ventures on Ep7 and this would be a cool way to spend his "vacations" :mrgreen: ok, I am not too serious about that. Probably it would be better for him to entirely forget about "the Way" for a few days, or even weeks....
what am I talking about :shock:

Yeah, wtf are you talking about. XD
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby Lumino » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:27 pm

My idea inspired activity! Hurray! I'd be willing to try and learn the Byond system of making a game to help. I'm not to good at Map making (I KNOW I suck at it in fact.) But any simple mindless work, and such and so forth I could do well.
Lumino
Plyn

Next

Return to Estrana