Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

I can try to use www.byond.com to make it

yes
86%
no (i like the way it already is)
14%

Total votes : 36

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Dec 01, 2005 10:47 am

Go ahead, jusat make so you can change the fraphics without any major reconstruction required :) I wouldn't mind rm2k graphics myself.
Last edited by Telephalsion on Sat Dec 03, 2005 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Alundaio » Fri Dec 02, 2005 9:38 pm

Lun has allowed me to create a MMORPG of The Way. I will keep you updated on the release of an Alpha Version for you people. This will allow you to give me feedback and to give me ideas of what you would like to see in the game. I'm basically doing this for you guys. lol you Way addicted freaks! Plus I will be seeking volunteers to help create graphics, such as characters/npcs. I will be using RM2K graphics for the alpha, and I will update it to newer graphics at a later date.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
Alundaio
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Dec 03, 2005 3:37 am

Sounds great, in my opinion I'd look at the other happy plunge game makers for aid, or just ideas, it's up to you though. (Can't wait untill it's playable, woo)
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby GaMa » Sat Dec 03, 2005 10:17 am

I can't wait till any of the 3 Way games, hoping to play any of 'em
GaMa
Wanderer

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:17 am

Alundaio wrote:Lun has allowed me to create a MMORPG of The Way. I will keep you updated on the release of an Alpha Version for you people. This will allow you to give me feedback and to give me ideas of what you would like to see in the game. I'm basically doing this for you guys. lol you Way addicted freaks! Plus I will be seeking volunteers to help create graphics, such as characters/npcs. I will be using RM2K graphics for the alpha, and I will update it to newer graphics at a later date.
Oh oh oh! What are you writing it in?

*is interested*
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

Postby Alundaio » Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:31 am

I using Game Maker.
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
Alundaio
Plyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:57 pm

You like, need to use the Lun-made Way graphics.

New Rhue graphics would probably suck.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Alundaio » Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:34 pm

um...dude, in an MMORPG no one can be the main characters of The Way, you will be able to create and cutomize your character. I aint making a plunge game, although you will be able to Plunge/challenge another player.
Alundaio
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:50 am

....Any chance for a RP server? >_>
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Aegis » Wed Dec 07, 2005 5:06 pm

HOLY FRICKING FRICK.

MMORPG of the Way? :shock:

Need help in any area except Game Maker? I know C++, if it's any help to ya, and I'm also a pretty good game designer.

EDIT: Heck, I could even learn to use Game Maker for this, it's just too fucking awesome. Anything whatsoever, I'll be involved in the project as much as I possibly can.

2nd EDIT: I hope to get involved in this BEFORE the alpha is released, if you need my help. 8)
Shop smart, shop S-Mart.

<Jeramyu> I'm going to mistranslate our own anime, and piss ourselves off.
Aegis
S3 Hilyn

RP Server

Postby Requiem » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:30 pm

I second Sarcasm's statement.

RP server for the win, please.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Alundaio » Sun Dec 18, 2005 8:23 pm

Sorry I haven't responded in like a week. But I'm on Break from class now for about a month, so I have alot more spare time. So i will be working on the game when I don't have to hang out with my girlfriend or work. All I have to do before an Alpha release is to actually code the plunge. It shouldn't be that hard really, its the connection between players that will be. Connecting to the server and other players is already done. So alot has been done basically. The Alpha will not include equipping blade arts and will lack other stuff such as using notch items. I plan on working out a way to make automatic updates, so when you connect it will start downloading an update and patch. But we'll see. And for you people asking for an RP server. Here is how it is going to be: When you first start the program, it will login to a master server, and will get your player stats and items out of a database. Anyone will be able to host during the alpha and beta releases, no matter what server you connect to you will always have your stats saved on the master server. So don't worry, once you create an account, you will be able to host/join any server with that characters stats. I'm not too sure how many people can connect to a single server before it lags, but thats why testing will start so early in the process. I do plan on adding a unique battle system too, which will only be when you fight monsters. It would help if you people can throw out some ideas on how to Fairly raise stats. Maybe doing "quests"/"Missions" for money and notch items will be good. that way, it will be fair for those people who have done them. And there will be a 'hiscore' so too speak, which will be the players Class such as "Hylyn". Ideas are always welcome.
Alundaio
Plyn

Postby CJ » Sun Dec 18, 2005 10:20 pm

A good battle system for an MMORPG would be like the Seiken Densetsu battle system. Another great idea would be to REMOVE ALL STAT CAPS, this way you can just get better and better and there will always be something to do.

It would be awesome, whoever kills the Pharaphalyn becaomes the Pharaphalyn so then there will be hordes of people bugging the pharaphalyn for a plunge and it will be funny to watch him/her get really frustrated.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby HolsteinCow » Mon Dec 19, 2005 9:40 pm

You're making an MMORPG? Awesome.

I bet it won't make it past Alpha though. The internet is littered with the shells of dead MMOs. It's really kind of depressing.
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby War » Tue Dec 20, 2005 12:17 am

I once was working on a The Way MMORPG, but the company that owned the engine shut down the engine and no longer let people use it :evil:

Oh well, I might take it back up one day.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana