32%
Who's Serena?
4%
He's just set on finding Serena even more then ever
32%

Total votes : 25

Rhue: Psychotic or deadset on finding Serena

Postby Jasonflare » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:05 pm

Judging from Rhue's actions over Episode 5, I say that Rhue is just more set on finding Serena, even if it costs lives. It's like the reverse of Rhue and the Headhunter in Episode One. The Hunter tries to kill Rhue because he doesn't know where Jeruh is.
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:08 pm

Bad poll options...

Top two are like the same.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Tue Nov 08, 2005 6:12 pm

He's looking for somebody that he doesn't even know is alive, Just like when you look in the fridge for that slice of pie when sombody alrady ate it, but you look for a while anyway. What is to say that she ever really felt the same way Rhue does, maybes she alrady anging some other guy? Maybe shes a whore now? Maybe she is a Foreruuner!!! OMG!! THATS WHY RHUE CANT FINT HER! CAUSE SHES A FORERUNNER!!..........
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Silvercrow » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:19 pm

You should have an other option.

Because I don't agree with any of those.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:31 pm

I'm still really set in wondering if Serena even EXISTS but I think Rhue is going a bit crazy, I'm not saying he's to blame but I mean he's getting caught up in things he wish he hadn't just to find her.

And when he finds a clue on her Cetsa starts playing with his mind.

So yeah I think he's kinda loopy
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby DMC » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:14 pm

If Rhue has been looking for Serena for gawd knows how many years then it's understanable that he's not fully stocked in the sanity department. After years of finding possible clues to her whereabouts and then finding out it's a dead end and you've wasted weeks/months of your life on this one lead, it would drive anyone a bit potty.

Of course Rhue may be just a case of split personality trying to cope with a traumatic experience in his past that resulted in the creation of the personality we know of as Rhue and now maybe the original personality (Midian?) is somehow transfering some of his insanity or feelings of loss onto the Rhue personality which may have created the memory of Serena, fueling his endless quest for a person who may not even exist.

Seeing as we don't really know if Rhue is Rhue or if anything that's happend in his past is someone else's memories or just a fantasy created by a warped mind, I'm not going to vote on any of those options on the basis that we don't know squat.
DMC
Wanderer

Postby RentACop » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:44 pm

He's an insane fool. Unless Serena turns out to be his innocence or something, in which case he's still nuts.
Maybe if you know your true love is about to move away to college or something, you can stick this shit in the stereo and make the moment last while at the same time listening to pussies whine about bitch shit. Just like you.
RentACop
S2 Hilyn

Postby Djinnilord » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:19 am

I have to say he's gone out of control lately. Love, sure. But love on the cost of other people's lives?
Although...I kinda like it. I've always liked evil people...like Anakin Skywalker.
"Where there is a Will there is a Way"
Djinnilord
Wanderer

Postby Matt Hakor » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:55 am

Rhue has a few screws loose.
"If you will it, it is not a dream." Theodor Herzel
Matt Hakor
Plyn

Postby Forerunner » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:41 pm

In his own mind, I doubt he's crazy. He is just deadset on finding Serena and nobody and nothing will stand in his way.
This causes his actions to be... well we all know, he just wants to go on his way, and will remove anything in the simplest and fastest way...violence.

So no, I don't think he's crazy.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Thu Nov 10, 2005 5:42 am

I believe that the Landorin Massacre was set up deliberately so people could use Rhue as some kind of unwitting pawn of evil. Think about it, in his flashbacks, the beasts simply vanished, there were 2 strangers who gave him a sword which was a shadow sword. Serena was probably knocked into the river to motivate Rhue. The PS could be there to make sure Rhue is ok and that he is on the right path. Either way, Rhue is just looking for his lost love, he's not crazy, If he is, then it's the damn sword.
(A bit like the ring in LOTR)
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Master Sam » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:24 pm

I dont think Rhue is actually Crazy, the sword is making him Crazy. Sling practically said my therory, and someone is using Rhue through the sword
Master Sam
Wanderer

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Nov 12, 2005 4:41 pm

I don't think Rhue's really insane yet; psychosis is beginning to seep into him, and he's torn between letting it subdue him when he wants to and fighting against it when he doesn't, but he still generally has his bearings about him. He's never killed a person for no reason, after all. He's just become desensitized to death after seeing it so many times; he was shocked by all the death in the Baruccha cave, and showed his first homocidal tendencies soon afterwards ("You're lucky you were polite last night, though" to Kloe), and just the general shitiness of the game's events have obviously unnerved him (Just look at the first episode - he uses the vacant, narrow-eyed, bitter expression a total of six or seven times) and made him more willing to do something that doesn't really have much of an effect on him anymore. I mean, if we're mad, we don't have any problem with cussing a lot because it's not like the words scare us.

He does have crazy thoughts sometimes, like the Jopaga Mission in Episode 4 ("If I act fast enough, I can kill all of them before they get... wait, what am I thinking?") and more noteably the aftermath of the Ansgar Plunge ("You messed with the wrong guy at the wrong time, Ansgar. I've just been waiting for the perfect time to snap."), but just because one part of the brain is beginning to go crazy doesn't mean the core person is.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Return to Estrana