What you may have missed...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What you may have missed...

Postby Spinxa » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:44 pm

Okay, this is the last time I start a topic for a while I swear... the last 6 or so posts I've had were actually from starting a new topic so I know I'm not exactly known for contributing to other member's topics... or for anything really.
But I thought that I would make some observations just before Episode 6 comes out in case they're right.
Okay here goes:

1. Rhue DID NOT kill Tranziun's mother.

Why? Well mainly because of the reaction Tranziun has when he finds out who actually killed his mother. It is one of absolute shock and horror.
Now, according to a Topic on the "Timeline" of the Way, Tranziun has hardly known Rhue for a month!
Does this sound like a realistic reaction if Rhue had killed her to you?
"Oh no! The friend I've hardly known for 4 weeks has killed my mother!
After I trusted him so! "
Of course, Tranziun could have known Rhue for longer than he's actually letting on, but this kind of reaction should only merit if a CLOSE friend killed Tranziun's mother... or maybe if even Tranziun himself killed her.

2. Rhue and Gauis might have been in a larger group when they killed someone.

Gauis mentions that he and Rhue killed someone. However, they may have in fact been in a group of three when they commited this murder.
Gauis doesn't exactly state that it was ONLY him and Rhue who killed the person... who's to say someone else didn't have a hnad in the murder.

3. Why the HELL did Rhue dream about SLADE'S memories!?

I was surprised when I saw how little this topic was discussed.
Isn't anyone wondering why in fact Rhue dreamt or 'saw' Slade's private memories? This is obviously a very important piece of the storyline puzzle.
How di Rhue come to see such private memories?
Was he able to do this by himself, or did he have help from an external force in doing so?

4. Slade said something very interesting to Alan...

I remembered in Episode 3 when Alan was basically hitting on a girl Slade nearly killed him. What was interesting is when Alan said "Is she your sister?" Slade said something along the lines of "If she was I would have KILLED YOU".
Again, another overlooked statement, Scatha is Slade's sister and Scatha did in some point in her love have her own lover.
Was Slade angry at men coming on to women because it reminded him of how his Sister's heart was broken? I don't know exactly.
Overall a very interesting statement.

EDIT : Sorry for this people. Slade actually said this in response to when Alan said he didn't even touch the girl. Thanks to Non-Sequitur for this.
However I still remember Alan asking if Slade was the girl's brother.

5. In Episode 2 if you choose to help a band of campers fight the guided they claim that they will bring a small boy back to his mother... YET Rhue worries that they won't...

Why would Lun put this in if ithad no significance? Maybe I'm just overanalyzing things but why does this worry Rhue? Is this boy significant or does it remind Rhue of a situation he went through. Perhaps its just a way to introduce "The Guided".

6. When the clock dies right before Rhue killed Lexus could this have something to do with "TIME"?

Think about it. Clocks represent time. Maybe it was just used for dramtic effect (eg. Time stood still) or maybe it has something to do with the flow of time in the story.

Anyways, send me your feedback. I also may edit this topic and add some more theories to it later.
Last edited by Spinxa on Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImageImage
Spinxa
Plyn

Re: What you may have missed...

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:54 pm

Spinxa wrote:I remembered in Episode 3 when Alan was basically hitting on a girl Slade nearly killed him. What was interesting is when Alan said "Is she your sister?" Slade said something along the lines of "If she was I would have KILLED YOU".

That is actually not how it went. Slade said that in response to Alan saying that he didn't touch the girl.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Burning_Flame » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:55 pm

Wow alot of this stuff, I haven't seen before. With the Slade and sister thing, I think: He walked in on her and her mystery lover, ran back to mommy told her, whi then when she came how burned her face and told slade to take her and throw her into the pit or kill her, i dont remember. But he through her into the pits where she leared to be emotionaly hard. This is where my favorite quote comes in "What good is sunlight? all it does is expose your flaws"

With the Traziun thing, Who knows I met someone a week ago, and now were really close. Sometimes it just takes 1 big event to bring you right together.

And finally with the clock thing, I think it just there as kind of like a thing, to show that it took a while and he was getting restless, like when you watch a clock. But thats just me.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Tue Nov 15, 2005 4:58 pm

I wonder if Strata really was with Scatha for a while and he rejected her after her face was burnt and she did that whole "beauty and tropy speech" to rhue because that is what strata did to her
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Winnipeg » Tue Nov 15, 2005 5:45 pm

Wow, this is so simple, I can't beleive I didn't think of it, what if Scatha was caught with Dirk? That would explain a whole lot.

Well, as far as the Rhue/Gaius thing, I don't think they killed his mother together, at least, because as I remember it, Gaius says "that man we killed together".

I also think the whole Slade's Memories thing has already been thought about. Many people think that people who are killed by Rhue's Shadow Sword have their memories (and sometimes personalities) transfered to the carrier of the sword.
Winnipeg
Plyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Tue Nov 15, 2005 6:19 pm

he didn't say man he said "that person we killed"
Don't speak just die
S2 Hilyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Tue Nov 15, 2005 7:10 pm

Yea i think he did say the person we killed, well accually he did most of it.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:11 pm

"Oh no! The friend I've hardly known for 4 weeks has killed my mother!
After I trusted him so! "

Traziun's spent most of his time since he left the blood lyn hiding from them and tryign to kill his father, he doesn't seem like the type that had many friends. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if Rhue is the first person hes really gotten to know in a long time.

Why the HELL did Rhue dream about SLADE'S memories!?

His sword was lodged through Slades chest. Thats sure to have somthing to do with it.

Wow, this is so simple, I can't beleive I didn't think of it, what if Scatha was caught with Dirk? That would explain a whole lot.

It doesn't make much sence to me, but I guess it is possible. We do know he knew her back when she was Chastsa.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Spinxa » Wed Nov 16, 2005 6:30 pm

Traziun's spent most of his time since he left the blood lyn hiding from them and tryign to kill his father, he doesn't seem like the type that had many friends. Infact I wouldn't be surprised if Rhue is the first person hes really gotten to know in a long time.

That is somewhat true. However he knew Kloe before he knew Rhue (Pulled her out of a river) and might in fact know HER better than Rhue. I am in no way suggesting Kloe killed Tranziun's mother... but who's really to say HE didn't kill her himself?
That would surely merit the shock he felt and has relevence to his whole "Eye for an eye" speech.
Furthermore, Traz mos tlikely did have a lot of closer friends befor ehe met Rhue... even though they may have all been killed by the Lyn.
In my opinion I think Lun is going to make it look like Rhue killed Traz's mother when in fact it was someone else.
Let's face the facts. Traz isn't stupid or overly-trusting, he wouldn't give his trust to a relative stranger he's known for less than a month.

His sword was lodged through Slades chest. Thats sure to have somthing to do with it.

Excelllent point. I was wondering myself whether this happened BEFORE or AFTER the sword was lodged into his chest.
This would certainly explain a lot and clarify my theory.

It doesn't make much sence to me, but I guess it is possible. We do know he knew her back when she was Chastsa.

I agree totally. I don't believe Scatha was found with Dirk. I mean, look at the age difference! He seems very old and she seems at least three decades younger than him. And her mother said specifically that the one she was caught with was a BOY, not a man. However I guess that it is possible that he was he rlover when she was young, but I doubt it.
While we're on the topic wouldn't it be funny if Scatha's ugliness was just inher metality. If she had actually healed from the burns and now looked relatively normal under her mask. That her ugliness was only psychological now.
ImageImageImage
Spinxa
Plyn

Postby Silvercrow » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:02 pm

He entered Slade's mind WHILE the sword was lodged in his chest.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:53 pm

Spinxa wrote:

That is somewhat true. However he knew Kloe before he knew Rhue (Pulled her out of a river) and might in fact know HER better than Rhue. I am in no way suggesting Kloe killed Tranziun's mother... but who's really to say HE didn't kill her himself?
That would surely merit the shock he felt and has relevence to his whole "Eye for an eye" speech.
Furthermore, Traz mos tlikely did have a lot of closer friends befor ehe met Rhue... even though they may have all been killed by the Lyn.
In my opinion I think Lun is going to make it look like Rhue killed Traz's mother when in fact it was someone else.
Let's face the facts. Traz isn't stupid or overly-trusting, he wouldn't give his trust to a relative stranger he's known for less than a month.

That doesn't sound quite right, well to me, because Traziun has put his life on the line for Rhue many times. If I remember one big part was he offered to help rhue to save Cetsa even though he was convinced she was a murderer and knew nothing of Serena, he also agreed to stick with him to help Kloe even though he didn't want to. That got his father to see him and send the blood lyn after him. If he really didn't trust rhue that much he would have told him to solve his own problems and screw off because thats about as far as it goes. but he doesn't so that must insinuate some kind of trust
Don't speak just die
S2 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Wed Nov 16, 2005 8:01 pm

I don't think he knew Kloe that well. Remember, he didn't recognize her until she told him that he had saved her from the river in Estrana.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Return to Estrana