Lame Theory/Interesting Thought

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Lame Theory/Interesting Thought

Postby Spyke10k » Fri Dec 09, 2005 2:31 am

I don't post here that often apparently, but I occasionally like to read theories. At least until episode 6 comes out.

Anyway I was reading one when I had a semi-interesting thought that I hadn't read before. Tell me if you have, cause I haven't and would like to hear some ideas on it.

Its circled around that Rhue can absorb auras or souls however you want to put it. Or at least aspects with it, or memories as in the case of Slade. Since he was the only one to survive right? Correct me if I'm wrong. This may be a stretch of one past theory into another, but here we go...

------

Let's just say that Midian absorbed Jeruh's aura, hence creating Rhue. A muddled warped individual; albeit not completely his fault. Let's also speculate that Rhue(Midian really) and Gaius were the ones that killed Jeruh. Plus that Jeruh who is probably Jed's son and hence Lyrra's brother; as hinting/pointed out in a memory Rhue absorbed of Jed.

However what if Jeruh wasn't killed but had absorbed Midian's memories/aura as well. Likewise Midian absorbed Jeruh's memories. That would say they both had shadow/illuminati swords. Probably shadow swords I'd guess. Sorry if I'm leaping around a lot without much evidence, but it's just an idea.

Thus creating Rhue and later as I'll explain the Phantom slasher. I'm thinking that maybe memories or auras are absorbed from an emotional importance to that character. Jed thinking of his lost son and trauma of his daughter before he died, hence the flashback. Slade's dream of his mother, horribly setting values that would control his character and personality to the end. Emotional important parts to their character.

Here's the back story. Gaius and Midian/Rhue are after Jeruh because he is in possession of a shadow/illuminati sword. They find them at Landorin, somehow slaughtering the people their as to get to the shadow/illuminati sword within that area. Serena and Jeruh flee the area with the sword. Gaius or Midian push Serena into the water. This incites Jeruh and he picks up the sword and attacks the one that pushed Serena. Gaius and Midian/Rhue fight Jeruh. Jeruh and Midian both inflict mortal blows to each other. Gaius thinks their both dead. Probably leaves the area quickly to cover his tracks. Maybe tries to retrieve the swords, but cannot. Think back to the blood lyn where they couldn't remove the blade from Slade.

Midian wakes up first, removing the sword from his body, discards it for the moment. Comes to Jeruh and removes his sword from him (the one he had in the first place). The memories flood into his mind rapidly. Rapidly because of the trauma of Jeruh seeing Serena fall into the river plus the slaughtering of all the people Jeruh knew. His mind becomes cluttered with Jeruh's memories. He sees himself seemingly lying dead before him. In his rattled state the mind's merge and form a new identity. He leaves wanting to escape the scene, the mind not accepting reality forms a new identify. Hence his adaptation of the name Rhue. However he can't escape the memory of Serena and what happened. His child's mind (leaning more towards young teenager for this to work more smoothly). Was already developing, screwing up his memories even more over time.

Jeruh wakes up as well and finds Midian's sword. Takes it and is possessed by blood thirsty rage that had consumed him during the slaughtering. However the small part of him that is left over of Jeruh can't kill children. So they split personalities between each other. The major parts of the other dominating the other's personality with a spec of what is left. Seeing Rhue later he is confused and can't kill him. The image of himself haunting him. Jeruh becomes the phantom slasher/midian(his body at least) and Midian becomes Rhue/Jeruh

Thus that's why Gaius is following Rhue, to protect the body of his friend/accomplice, for some unknown as well maybe. He wants Rhue's sword at the end so as to undo the swords power and reverse it somehow.

------

I know it's all very convoluted and messy. I haven't posted a theory and this idea struck me as somewhat dramatic and interesting. I won't be surprised when it's proven wrong. Feel free to poke holes into it till it's swiss cheese and such. Thanks for reading...
Last edited by Spyke10k on Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:09 am

Your theory isn't nearly as lame as you might think. Very cool ideas - you obviously put a lot of thought into it, and parts of it may not be too far off the mark . . .
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:16 am

Indeed, I was suprised at some points of your theory. There are a few things nearing the truth.

This theory is pretty nice, even if I wouldn't have known how the story continues. I don't really understand the end of the theory, though. What happend to Jeruh after he fought Midian?

~Calus
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Dec 09, 2005 6:24 am

I like that theory. It actually gives good reason to why the PS doesn't attack Rhue.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Spyke10k » Fri Dec 09, 2005 7:06 am

PsychicK wrote:This theory is pretty nice, even if I wouldn't have known how the story continues. I don't really understand the end of the theory, though. What happend to Jeruh after he fought Midian?

~Calus

Jeruh became the slasher. I'll edit it to make it more clear. Rereading over it I can see the confusion.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Forerunner » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:00 am

Thats actually a pretty cool theory, it's not really muddled or confusing at all.
I understand it, and it all seems to make sense.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:30 am

That really exlpains why rhue hates mirrors...
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Ovenhole » Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:17 pm

Interesting theory and it ties up quite some loose ends, but there are some smaller things I noticed that don't agree with:

In E1 Gaius is not surprised at all to see Rhue. I can't seem to find that scene in the maker right now, but I think it was just something like "A huge beast trapped me down here, can you help me?" No surprise at all. If I would see a friend who I'd believe to be dead, I certainly would be a bit more surprised. Something like Rhue's reaction to Jed in E5.

Also, Gaius knows Rhue's name. "But still, why does his name strike me as odd? Wasn't that the name of ... Maybe it's just a coincidence." In your theory, the name Rhue doesn't appear until Gaius has left.
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Postby Miss Nothingness Highness » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:40 pm

wow @_@ someone finally got it down. I like your personality thing going on thats what I had tried to make out but do so that well =_=, though the gaius part I'll have to agree on.
Don't speak just die
Miss Nothingness Highness
S2 Hilyn

Postby Spyke10k » Fri Dec 09, 2005 4:42 pm

Yeah your right, thanks for mentioning that. Maybe the name Rhue has some significance I can't quit place. As for Gaius being not surprised... Could have been he had seen Rhue earlier or someone had told him about Midian being alive maybe. Rhue probably changed his look somewhat over time and didn't quite resemble Midian.

Anyway there is probably a dozen other ways it is wrong. I just like the concept story wise.
Spyke10k
Plyn

Postby Silvercrow » Sat Dec 10, 2005 6:49 pm

I like this theory, and you'd be surprised that it's actually one of the most complete in the forum.

Now, I just have to play the devil's advocate, so:

Why does the Midian in dream Estrana look so much different that Rhue?

If only Gaius and Rhue threatened Jeruh and Serena, who was the third "beast" that knocked Serena into the water?

If Jeruh were the Phantom Slasher, why would he be chasing Rhue, and why would he rescue him from the Blood Lyn prison in Episode 5?
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Sun Dec 11, 2005 3:22 am

There has always been one major problem in every theory about Landorin, in a way stemming from the events people assume happen there. But this creates an inconsistency with the picture we see when Rhue is injected with the formula. That picture and one other thing (something that seemed very minor) are the two big clues that change everything. Of course, there's the possibility that the picture isn't accurate, and I'm misleading you.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby fwacho » Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:40 am

Silvercrow wrote:
Why does the Midian in dream Estrana look so much different that Rhue?

knowing that would answer alot of questions, wouldn't it.

Silvercrow wrote:
If only Gaius and Rhue threatened Jeruh and Serena, who was the third "beast" that knocked Serena into the water?

That's assuming an aweful lot. but I'm sure the answer has at least brushed your mind after a little thought.

Silvercrow wrote:If Jeruh were the Phantom Slasher, why would he be chasing Rhue, and why would he rescue him from the Blood Lyn prison in Episode 5?

The answer to that would also answer a ton questions and don't worry it's coming.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Dec 15, 2005 4:51 am

fwacho wrote:
Silvercrow wrote:

That's assuming an aweful lot. but I'm sure the answer has at least brushed your mind after a little thought.

Hm... I'm wondering if the fact that there were three wolves has any relevance at all - maybe it was a mishmash of different memories, and the three come from somewhere else? It's probably not important, all things considered. What IS important is that the memory is incorrect, because there were no wolves, and because that (VERY MISLEADING AND MISINTERPRETED) picture of the massacre from E4 tells us a different story. There may be, as fwacho just said, a simple answer.

I'll leave it to you to work out what there was genuine theorising and what there was fwacho-style confusing you.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Return to Estrana