Midian can control wolves?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby dyyhpys » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:57 pm

the wolves are darkhounds aren't they fwacho.
or mabye Midian is a Wolfbrother

I'd be surprised if fwacho and lun aren't the only ones that know what im talking about.
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Fri Jan 13, 2006 10:27 pm

Wheel of Time reference? One of my favorites.

I asked Lun if he had read them, and he said he read the first four.
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby Lord_Ehrgeiz » Fri Jan 13, 2006 11:53 pm

AznChipmunk wrote:Wheel of Time reference? One of my favorites.

I asked Lun if he had read them, and he said he read the first four.

yeah, neverending story about "The Dragon and Baalzamon")) say, how many books already exist?? 13?? 14??...
Lun was right, first four-five was bestest...
Lord_Ehrgeiz
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:36 am

Holy Shit!
OMGWTHIGOWTFWTFWTF@!!!?!?!1111!?!
We have Wheel of Time fans here.
And no one told me!
I gave up Wheel of Time references after being here for a month or so because no one knew wtf I was talking about, imagine my hurt when I realised that noone here had even heard of the best book series ever to be blessed upon mankind.

And I agree, the first 5 are the best, although my 2 favorites are book 2 and book 11, because book 11 kicks arse as well.

There are 12 books in the WoT series, but book 12 isn't due to come out for another 2 years :cry: .
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Kyle » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:19 am

I own the first book, but never got around to reading it... Is it really that good? It's been lying in my drawer for over 5 years or so.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:23 am

My friend has been bugging me to read those.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby DragonMancorada » Sat Jan 14, 2006 11:03 am

I believe the wolves were demons... That might have been why there was no tracks... Aye?
DragonMancorada
Plyn

Location: If you knew... you would never be able to sleep again.

Postby Haapa » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:56 pm

WoT rules! Jihaa!
I never noticed the first four being better. You just have to read like 300 pages a day so the slow pace doesn't matter.
Getting a bit off topic, eh?
Antarctica is.
Haapa
Wanderer

Postby dyyhpys » Sun Jan 15, 2006 3:53 pm

there is acually 11 books and I'm #@&$ing surprissed that someone acually knew what i was talking about.
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby dyyhpys » Mon Jan 16, 2006 9:19 pm

I was expecting Rhue to lose a hand or some other Limb.
Why couldn't Lun cut of his big Toe?
HAHAHAHA. Any of you seen Kung Pow.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!
Oh, I'm going to kill myself....

Probebly with one of those Glasses that are sitting in my room...

HAHA!!!!!

Eh, DoUbLe PoSt!1!1!
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Tue Jan 17, 2006 2:14 am

AznChipmunk wrote:Wheel of Time reference? One of my favorites.

I have a good friend who read most of that series and just got fed up with it since Robert Jordan just kept expanding every plotline and character with no resolution in sight. He lent me a copy of Eye of the World to read (this was about six or seven years ago) - I got through I think a third of it and liked the story and the writing, but I couldn't bring myself to commit to a story that, on the advice of my friend, just degenerates into a huge list of characters and plots that are too cumbersome to follow. I think I preserved a lot of my sanity when I put that series down. Too bad, though, I thought Robert Jordan seemed like a very good writer. Trouble is, very few people want a story that drags on for so long. I mean, come on, 12 books? For the same plotline? Different if you have multiple trilogies or whatever. But fantasy writers tend to be long-winded. When was the last time you read a single-book fantasy epic?
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby belgarath68 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 1:05 am

I've read the books and really enjoyed them, but I do think that it shouldn't go on for too much longer (actually, I think he should have done something like Raymond E. Feist and done the multiple trilogy/quadrilogy thing). And yeah, I never had a problem with remember who was who, but I can definately understand someone having trouble remembering. There are a *lot* of characters.
But I'm hanging in there. I can't wait to see how it ends.

Of course, if it's a crappy ending, I may just slaughter everybody I know. (Yes...even YOU. I know where you live...)
belgarath68
Wanderer

Postby Forerunner » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:39 am

I think the biggest fault of WoT, was that they discovered balefire so early. I mean, once you have an ability that can instantly and utterly destroy anything no matter what it is or how powerful it is, it's kind of pointless to use anything else. Even if it does have that drawback of practically destroying the fabric of reality if it's used too much.

I mean, thats like as if Rhue got all the transendant auras on lvl 7 at the end of episode 2 and a few thousand focite and lyn rocks to go with it.

And I doubt midian can controls wolves. Lots of crazy shit happens in the way, but that's just insane. And even if the wolves don't leave footprints, they arn't as large as a horse and darker than night are they? Then they can;t be dark hounds.
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby belgarath68 » Wed Jan 18, 2006 4:08 pm

Yeah, balefire should've been left to about now. The Dragon and that haven't even used it much anyway, because of it's consequences.
Anyhoo, yeah I doubt that whole wolf thing...and

*highlight the below text to read the spoiler* (Sorry, I don't know how to make spoiler tags)

Seeing as Jeruh suddenly 'turns' from a wolf into himself, I very much doubt it. Also, Lyrra says she made up a story about the beasts, so that makes it harder to believe as well. Most likely the wolf cries were just in Rhue's head. If he believed he was chased by beasts, it wouldn't be suprising he thought he heard their cries.

*end of spoiler*
belgarath68
Wanderer

Postby Wellsy » Thu Jan 19, 2006 3:04 am

BTW, belgarath, kudos on the David Eddings reference. Really enjoyed his stuff as well, the Malloreon/Belgariad are up there as far as my favorite fantasy series.
[/offtopic]

Midian don't know jack about wolves.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana