Monster Creation

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Monster

Postby War » Wed Jan 04, 2006 5:55 pm

Forerunner Traziun wrote:Crystal Weapon
Beat him to get 5 pocites, wicites, focites, a gold stone, and a silver stone.

One of the major things about The Way is you don't have to kill monsters to get shit...
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Flibbo » Wed Jan 04, 2006 6:20 pm

and the way doesn't have blatent crossovers.
Tele wrote:Define a cool genital wart.
Flibbo
S1 Corlyn

Postby CJ » Wed Jan 04, 2006 8:35 pm

Ok these are mine:

Name: Bully Bug Image

Stats:
HP: 700
XL: 30
Attack: 60
Mind: 50
Defense: 11
Agility: 66

Attacks: Description:
Normal Hit: Self explanatory
Deep Bite: Same as Holstein Cow's Slaughter Bug's attack but more powerful
Pinch: Does Damage and has a chance of inflicting 'SoreHit5'
Bully: Drains the XL of other monsters in it's group to heal it's own HP

Description:

There would be only one of these monsters per encounter and it would usualy be in a group of 2-3 other monsters
(Probably other bugs like the 'Slaughter Bug' or the 'Überspester'). When it is low on HP it will use an attack called
'Bully' which will steal the XL of the other monsters in it's group and uses it to heal it's own HP.

The stats in this are only a guess of what they should be like in E6 so they can be changed to whatever they should be.

Name: Gnome Image

Stats: Dunno About the stats.

Attacks: Description:
Normal Hit: Self explanatory
Stab: Does damage and causes bleeding
Battlecry: Calls for allys (other Gnomes).

Description: They have high evasion and can dodge a lot of attacks.
Sometimes during battle they will use a skill called 'Battlecry' to call for backup.

Name: Überspester Image

Stats: Dunno About the stats.

Attacks: Same as 'Spester' and 'slaughter Bug' but Über :P

Description: well....what is there it describe?

Can't get the little dots on top of the 'U' in RPM2k so a normal 'U' would have to be used
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Wed Jan 04, 2006 11:09 pm

Flibbo wrote:and the way doesn't have blatent crossovers.

yes it does, but only for the purpose satire and the like.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:46 am

Hey People, since you've all put heavy consideration into your monsters, don't forget to include a location for each of them to appear in accordingly. As a suggestion, use common sense here. A Sewer-Gator would go in the underwater maps. Bugs and wildlife in the forest, plantlife too. Don't go and put a rare homicidal Tulip in a dry, ashy, dark, or stony environment where Homicidal Tulips don't flourish.

I might suggest that you raise/lower their stats according to the location in the game in terms of progress (Ie: As the game goes on, the monsters get harder to kill). I'm not sure what tweaks Lun's made in according to monster stats since wave 6, but I do recal people agreed that some places had monster battles that didn't require very much tact to complete, so please keep that in mind as well.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:07 am

Corrupted Seraph

Hp: 800-ish

Attacks:

Bloody Coercion: Powerfull hit one attack, causes hypnosis, or whatever status attack that causes a party member to attack allies, causes maximum bleeding on the affected party member, and has a small chance of deathblow.

Covenant of Mirrors and Pain: Any attack on the Seraph is reflected back, followed by a counterattack. Seraph becomes idle untill someone attacks it.

Abyss Screech: Seraph looses a screech of torment, causes paralyzis.

Double Attack: Seraph attacks widly, hitting two times.

Demonform: Seraph goes further into corruption and turns into a homocidal demon, happens after the seraph performs the covenant twice

Heavenly Demon: This demon must be killed post haste, or it'll cause you big pain

Hp: Same as above, but full hp now, OH NOES!

Rituals of Summoning:
Ritual of Black Cosmos - Causes Cosmic damage on all party members
Ritual of Tainted Atoma - causes Atoma ^^
Ritual of Black Light - causes Light ^^
Ritual of Eternal Darkness - Causes Darkness ^^
Ritual of Perverted Unity - Causes all four damage types on the party and kills the demon.

All rituals cause BIG damage, if you fail to heal after one there's a chance you'll perish, and the Perverted Unity will probably be the end of you.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Burning_Flame » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:31 am

Tele, Think about what your making, Would you want to battle that?

Make one like this:

The Big Fluffy Bunny

HP:10

Attacks:
Gnaw: minimal damage to one party member.
Super Bunny Attack:Heavy hit one one party member. (cannot use unless alone in battle, Rhue is the only one in your party, He's not wearing blue pants)
Eat a Carrot:Heals User moderatly.

Winnings:10000000 CTP and AR.
Burning_Flame
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:02 pm

I've been trying to think of a good one, but I cant think of anything original. Hopefully I will soon.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:01 pm

Good luck!

Paradan Fanatic:

Hp: MUCH!
XL: Much, but not as much as hp, since that would be strange.

Attacks: None
Spells: Mendings skills, and lots of them
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby CJ » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:09 pm

Well I guess mine would be in aforest area of some sort or maybe open plains or something.

never played E6 so I don't know about the stats.
oh yeah by the way. Doovy & Co. are not gone. After all... I am Doovy and Forunner is still here.
CJ
S4 Hilyn

Postby AznChipmunk » Thu Jan 05, 2006 6:13 pm

I have a couple, but when is the dealine?
AznChipmunk
S2 Hilyn

Postby War » Thu Jan 05, 2006 7:47 pm

Teenr0cker wrote:Hey People, since you've all put heavy consideration into your monsters, don't forget to include a location for each of them to appear in accordingly. As a suggestion, use common sense here. A Sewer-Gator would go in the underwater maps. Bugs and wildlife in the forest, plantlife too. Don't go and put a rare homicidal Tulip in a dry, ashy, dark, or stony environment where Homicidal Tulips don't flourish.

I might suggest that you raise/lower their stats according to the location in the game in terms of progress (Ie: As the game goes on, the monsters get harder to kill). I'm not sure what tweaks Lun's made in according to monster stats since wave 6, but I do recal people agreed that some places had monster battles that didn't require very much tact to complete, so please keep that in mind as well.

Teen if we did that, it would kind of give away things in E6 as this is not the beta tester forum....
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Thu Jan 05, 2006 8:17 pm

AznChipmunk wrote:I have a couple, but when is the dealine?

Telephalsion wrote:Last submissions must be in the 10th of january, preferably earlier. Good luck to all.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Ghoti » Thu Jan 05, 2006 9:49 pm

Name: Large Animated Poison-edged Piece of Broken Glass
If that doesen't fit or something, just call it LAPPOG. I'm sure the players will be able to tell what it stands for.
Ability: Suicides itself upon the start of battle to do a large amount of damage to one party member and cause poison and bleeding.
Other stuff: Very low amount of HP. Can't do regular attack. Almost always attacks first. Never fights alone. If player kills it before it suicides, gives a somewhat large reward.

That's it. This would probably have been easier if I had been a beta tester. Oh well.
Ghoti
S1 Hilyn

Postby Belthazar » Fri Jan 06, 2006 4:18 pm

Image The nightmare leech

HP: 300

Special: Immobilizes one of the characters by sucking on it not only making that character lose health but also healing itself with the health taken from the character. If not killed quickly will spawn baby forms also capable of immobilizing characters and sucking their hp.

*Edit* I know the picture sucks but just throwing the idea of what it would look like.
"To discover the truth, you must be able to accept it no matter how good or how bad it is." -.Hack Sign
Belthazar
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana