Your advice please?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Your advice please?

Postby _MurtagH_ » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:52 pm

Ok so here's my problem guys. It's a simple newbie problem:

What would you suggest i do? Train up both my beginning swords (ie peircer and slasher) or just focus on one. I have one at lvl 4 atm and one at lvl 2. I know you get better auras later but for the moment i've jsut done the plunge tourny in Lide and want to know your expert opinions.

_MurtagH_ /out
Quotes the awesome guild:
"I'm off to eat people" think about it...
"You suck so hard tht it hurts!" he meant the guy sucked at doing something not him :P... "I'm off to solo BWL" u don't play WoW?? burn infidel! (he actually tried to solo it!)
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Thu Jan 12, 2006 1:59 pm

personally I made sure all same element blades were levelled together, so piercer slashes, i made one level 2 then the other level 2 the first lvel 3 and so on. and same with fire wind.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 2:24 pm

errm, well the first three sword auras can only level to 6, whilst air edge can level to seven and draw 3 XL a turn + hurricane which is a mint move. It doesn't really matter, part of completing the game is getting them all fully leveled.
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:18 pm

Well i had to say this.... when i first started leveling my piercer aura, and it was level one whilst the other was level 4, i died to a single Spesta! It put me in beserk mode and it kept evading whilst i had no control since Rhue was going solo! lol. That was funny. Dieing to a BEE! :)
"You suck so hard tht it hurts!" he meant the guy sucked at doing something not him :P... "I'm off to solo BWL" u don't play WoW?? burn infidel! (he actually tried to solo it!)
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Poenaensis » Thu Jan 12, 2006 5:21 pm

heh, that smells bad. Like a cheese left out for a fortnight. Perhaps not as smelly as my feet, which really are quite bad!
"Mum, Grandad says he cant get his bottom set of false teeth out."

"Don, are you all right?"

"I can't get my teeth out"

"that's cause they're real"
-----------------------------------------

Grandad's mind gave up on boxing day, to late to get him new one for Christmas, he'll have to wait till his birthday now.
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby Forerunner » Thu Jan 12, 2006 7:14 pm

All I did was raise peircer until I got slasher, then I only used slasher until I learnt a new move, then I used piercer until I learnt a new move, then I switched back to slasher until I got fire and wind.
Once I got fire and wind I raiser them equally (but being a pyromaniac I alwaysed liked fire more anyway.).
Black-Cat wrote:Only the ones with egos made of steel can withstand the scourge of emotional deterioration often referred to as "having no life".
Forerunner
S2 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Fri Jan 13, 2006 9:55 am

I just used the Sword Aura you began
with until Episode 5 when the PS gives
you all those powerful ones. Then I
chnaged to the most powerful one.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Kyle » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:21 pm

Sling, please next time use your brain before you say something. The question was asked by someone starting the game. I doubt he appreciates you giving out that spoiler...
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Fri Jan 13, 2006 4:23 pm

Sling wrote:I just used the Sword Aura you began
with until Episode 5 when the PS gives
you all those powerful ones. Then I
chnaged to the most powerful one.

Revise that to:
"Use the Sword Aura until later in the series where you get more powerful ones."
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Fri Jan 13, 2006 5:37 pm

Hmm never mind guys, peonaesis (the one who introduced me to the way) lets things slip so often that i've managed to hear from him that Rhue possesses a shadow sword which absorbs auras and therefore we are not sure if Rhue really is Rhue or someone else... I have no idea what he means by that of course but it's enough to ruin the plot for me ehehehe. No harm done Sling but please don't spoil anything more for me :)

Thanks for the concern though
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Poenaensis » Sat Jan 14, 2006 5:38 am

I regulate it to some extent. the problem is I'm talking simultaeniously on skype to someone who dismisses the game without trying it, he asks silly questions about it, but i reply showing how complicated the way is. Unfortunately, my mind is a little slow to do theis without reavealing the plot, the regulator between my brain and mouth is missing!
Poenaensis
S2 Hilyn

Postby _MurtagH_ » Sat Jan 14, 2006 7:17 am

lol! yeah that is true. mind you there's no point convincing mike of how 'deep' the way is because he just won't play on it...he's more into CoD online not as he would call it '2D' games.
_MurtagH_
Plyn

Postby Kyle » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:27 am

I too had a friend who was reluctant to play it. One day I lured him to my place and forced him to play the first episode, while I was watching. He's into RPGs though, just not the 2D kind. If your friend is an FPS junkie then the chances are slim.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:29 am

Rhue possesses a shadow sword which absorbs auras and therefore we are not sure if Rhue really is Rhue or someone else

Really? last time I checked we didn't know what the hell was up with Rhues sword.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to Estrana