Experiments

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Experiments

Postby Zidjian » Sun Jan 15, 2006 9:56 pm

Anyone ever think that this may have started as a story but with all the theorizing going on he just couldnt come up with anything that would make you go ... holy shit... did that just happen?

I mean everything in EP6 has been pretty much theorized before.

And there is all the notes of how he doesnt want to work on games just stories and one where he mentions hes tired of doing this.

Do you think maybe he just said fuck it and made EP6 to mess with people? Its just such an abstract episode and it took so long to do(rewrites)

Maybe I'm just mad that Ep6 left everything behind and went off on a tangent with a bunch of dissapointing answers (serena is dead)...

I can't help but think that Lun is sick of these games or just messing with us in this episode.
Zidjian
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:21 pm

I guess the reason we had so many questions left over in the end was because most of the main characters played so little part in the plot - we expected to learn so much about Gaius, Dirk and Scatha, but they weren't there for us to learn it.

It seems kind of silly - it doesn't feel to me as if Scatha, for example, has much further part to play in the plot now. We just needed to find out what was up with her, and we couldn't. I would have liked it if the game had gone on a bit longer before Rhue was taken to The City to learn the truth, really, because so much stuff doesn't make sense and I don't see how some of these characters can be used again in a new plot. I'm happy to have mysteries about The Way and Tetzel and stuff left over, but it's hardly a conclusion at all if nothing is concluded. To me, the end of E6 feels like another To Be Xontinued, only this time we have no idea if we'll really learn what we want to.

When I first beat the game, I did feel cheated, as if Lun had just thrown in a bunch of random stupid foreshadowing and clues that led to nothing, because he couldn't think of anything that amazing to explain everything - it's so much easier to have a plot that seems incredible if you don't have to have crappy answers to everything, right? Like, Gaius and Dirk are mysterious just for the hell of it, Scatha knows shit just for the hell of it, the Illuminati and the Shadow Swords have no importance... But no, I think this is all wrong. I think EVERYTHING has an answer, and we just have to wait for Lun to give it to us.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Victor » Sun Jan 15, 2006 11:51 pm

What Lun mentioned in the chat has been popping up in my mind as I keep reading about how EP6 leaves so much unanswered.

[16:26] <LunC> One things that influenced my story telling was Evangelion
Victor
Plyn

Postby SpaceBoy2000 » Mon Jan 16, 2006 3:18 am

Victor wrote:What Lun mentioned in the chat has been popping up in my mind as I keep reading about how EP6 leaves so much unanswered.

[16:26] <LunC> One things that influenced my story telling was Evangelion
Wow, that explains a LOT. No wonder we ended so....vaguely.
SpaceBoy2000
S1 Hilyn

uh oh

Postby Zidjian » Mon Jan 16, 2006 11:35 am

Great, so the next episode of the way will make absolutely no sense?
Zidjian
Wanderer

Postby Swiftmouth » Tue Jan 17, 2006 3:47 pm

thanks for including a spoiler mention in your title :evil: :evil:
Swiftmouth
Wanderer

Return to Estrana