Most Dramatic Death (SUPER SPOILER) ALERT!!!!!

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What is the most emotional or most dramatic death of a character for you?

Death of Traziun (A life for a life...)
26%
Death of Slade (Fall from Waterfall)
14%
Death of Lexus (Oh Sweet Rhue...)
43%
Death of Serena (Fall from the river.. yea right..)
No votes
Death of Sorya (After all the lies... honey)
2%
Death of Cetsa (Dancing Violet)
2%
Death of Lilla (Rotten flesh, rotten Love)
14%

Total votes : 58

Postby Sentinel » Sun May 21, 2006 9:13 am

Lun strikes me as somebody like JK Rowling, by which I'll mean that he'll word his sentences carefully.

So Lun could mean that Rhue, as in the Aura mix Rhue's story is over, but his true Aura's story isn't, or some such.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun May 21, 2006 9:48 am

Yeah-Maybe he won't be named Rhue, and won't be looking for Serena, but he certainly WILL appear. Now free of his Shadow Sword, travelling with Kloe... Well, what comes later is up to Lun. That WOULD explain why in the ending it says 'The Begining'.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun May 21, 2006 9:51 am

It says the beginning because they are back at "the beginning of the way"
They've made a whole circle.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun May 21, 2006 11:03 am

If there is an end and beginning of way.. then the way is definetely not cirdle(sphere) then it's not a round planet...

And well, the next thing depends on what is your ending. I have an ending where Kloe is not with me..
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun May 21, 2006 12:46 pm

Sarcasm wrote:It says the beginning because they are back at "the beginning of the way"
They've made a whole circle.

Hmm. Intresting, but... I dunno... maybe something deeper to it?

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun May 21, 2006 2:16 pm

Of course there is, The symbolism is extremely deep.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun May 21, 2006 2:26 pm

i guess 'the beginning' is somewhat the beginning, means it's not the end of it.. possibly or maybe a 7th epsiode? noone knows or just a phrase to make us more active on drawing conclusions like this...
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby fwacho » Sun May 21, 2006 8:46 pm

I did really like the set up to Lexus' death. The fact that you knew it was coming made it all the more interesting. once the clock stoped ticking you knew something bad was about to happen.

Yes, Rhue's story is over. The Way however is far from being over. (i've seen the notes) however I doubt it will re-emergeas an RPG maker game. do keep an eye out for what Lun does next. He will have a lot of time on his hands this summer.
"psst hey buddy... you wanna buy my book?"
fwacho
S3 Hilyn

Postby Lumino » Sun May 21, 2006 11:45 pm

While I am glad they didn't kill off ol' Dirk. I have to say that SLade's death was my favorite. Maybe it's simply the fact that you got to see so much into his life in his death scene. You in Part 5 and the latter part or 4, you really see the qualities of Slade that make him likable, even when he kicks you ass.
Lumino
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Mon May 22, 2006 5:22 am

fwacho wrote:I did really like the set up to Lexus' death. The fact that you knew it was coming made it all the more interesting. once the clock stoped ticking you knew something bad was about to happen.

Yes, Rhue's story is over. The Way however is far from being over. (i've seen the notes) however I doubt it will re-emergeas an RPG maker game. do keep an eye out for what Lun does next. He will have a lot of time on his hands this summer.

Damn... Rhue was a great character. And there are still some questions concerning his identity.

Maybe Lun will take The Way's story to another character we already know... Or a new one, which his story crosses many others' (Dirk, Scytha...). I hope Lun will reveal sometime soon what he's planning.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Jasonflare » Mon May 22, 2006 6:09 am

In June-July, Lun will annouce something. We can't have a summer without The Way. :o
OMG,Image
Jasonflare
S2 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Mon May 22, 2006 9:01 am

Jasonflare wrote:We can't have a summer without The Way. :o

Here here! I totally second that notion. How can the summer go by without us finally seeing Rhue get a screw?

Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon May 22, 2006 9:08 am

. . . Rhue does gets the sex he needs if you unlock an easter egg in Episode 6 >_>
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Red » Fri Jun 02, 2006 12:47 pm

Lexus, definitely.

Lun was nothing short of genius when it came to Episode 4. In what is considered a chapter to an even bigger story, he introduced a brand new love interest, whose encounter with Rhue seemed completely accidental. However, throughout the entire episode, he begins to reveal more and more information that can either improve your impression of her, or likewise, cause you to question her integrity. And in a final chase scene, he gives the audience slack -- allowing you to watch everything that is happening with every main character involved -- and then, chokes you with it, forcing bitter tears from many when Rhue kills the woman whom he loved so much, that it almost seemed that he would abandon the thought of Serena altogether in order to join HER.

It was a beautiful scene, with a beautiful soundtrack, and beautiful human emotion. Needless to say, it was beautiful. So many players' hearts skipped a beat or two when they realized that Lexus would never return.

That is the one thing I did not enjoy about Episode 6. Bringing her back, as well as Slade, it seemed to me that all of that emotion we had built up because of their deaths was tossed out the window. Now, of course, I understand the concept about allowing them to join your party again, but I still feel it tampered with what we had for so long been shocked by.

Anyway, that is why I find Lexus's death the most heartfelt and powerful... Sorry about the big shpeel.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Jun 04, 2006 2:28 pm

Sarcasm wrote:. . . Rhue does gets the sex he needs if you unlock an easter egg in Episode 6 >_>

So that's where the 'love chemistry' thing comes in. How do you unlock it though? I've checked in RPGM but I can't find anywhere that it is used. Is yours maybe a Beta version?

And Red, very poetic and well said. My sentiments exactly on the first part. But I disagree about Lexus' reappearance. To me, it made her death all the more poignant. I dunno, maybe that was just the music around DE. I've spent half an hour total just listening to that theme.

Fwacho, you tell em. The clock thing was perfect. And it stopped short, never to go again...
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana