Simple question...

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Simple question...

Postby Spider-K » Sun May 21, 2006 11:42 am

People, why don't you guys move on and make the way series on the RPGXP platform? Better graphics, smoother gameplay, script based systems ( which mean you can have the same systems without complicated events, less lag and less bugs... ), better sound, limitless character sizes......
Need I to keep numbering?

And except that, the RM2K costs like a 100$, right? And in Japanese..... Unless you hack it.....
RPG Maker XP costs 60$, and you are allowed, following their liscense, sell the games you make through them legally....

I don't wanna sound rude, but.... the game started like in 2004 (or was that only the last update of the first episode? ) RPG Maker XP came out (in Japanese) at the start of 2004, and in full and legal English towards the end of 2005.

Think about it....

Yo, talk to me.
Spider-K
Wanderer

Postby hero_bash » Sun May 21, 2006 11:59 am

if it will be transfered to rmxp then i won't be able to play it, that's all for me...
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Legend of the Past » Sun May 21, 2006 12:43 pm

RM2K characters are stiff, it's harder to make charsets, the script based system removes the essence of the program, which is making a game WITHOUT programming, and the battle system requires further work.

I'm pleased with the current graphics. The Way woulden't be the same without the anime-esq look. That's what I think, anyway. Don't know about the others.

"For all the Dreamers! Our Planet's dream is not over yet.."
Legend of the Past
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sun May 21, 2006 1:08 pm

RMXP costs money?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun May 21, 2006 1:22 pm

i believe you can play rmxp games without haveing rmxp..
c'mon why would enterbrain let rmxp games be sold out if only the persons with rmxp can play it..
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun May 21, 2006 1:33 pm

Yeah, but RMXP obviously sucks. It requires more knowledge some aren't prepared to learn. Takes longer. No free resources to steal. And you are forced to code/steal somebody else's code to get a half-way decent battle system. Plus all the various crap you have to do to the menus and stuff.

Character's walking around absolutely suck too, it's serial how "smooth" it is. When you walk it's like sliding around the screen, it just ain't right.

There's bad blood between me and XP...
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun May 21, 2006 2:11 pm

And Episode 1 was released at 2000.

If you seriously mean it speak to Lun, As speaking to the community will hardly help you.

Beside, Lun speaks japanese and has bought a legal copy of RM2K
years ago.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Silvercrow » Sun May 21, 2006 2:27 pm

Uh, no. RMXP is horrible. Absolutely.

Don't make me post my five paragraph essay on how I dislike RMXP.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Stedar » Sun May 21, 2006 3:03 pm

rmxp sucks, i mean look at the battle system....

P.s. no one uses it much so there arent any good character sets, etc..
but they look gay..
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Xusa » Sun May 21, 2006 3:11 pm

RPGMaker XP's charsets can look nice if you make them less wide [editing the charset's chin to make it pointed] - my main complaint with the graphics is how ... square it looks, and also how all the characters look short and obese [something I hate about the REFMAP charsets ...], but all it needs is a little editing.

I have to say, the battle system is not my cup of tea, either.
Xusa
Plyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun May 21, 2006 3:53 pm

in short, it's too complex but that complexity is no the beautiful type. and the graphics are bad and there are few resources out there and poeple who make resource for it are scarce...
The Way would lose it sorignal feel if you bring it too rmxp...
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun May 21, 2006 7:07 pm

And except that, the RM2K costs like a 100$, right? And in Japanese..... Unless you hack it.....

And thats where you lost the arguement.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sun May 21, 2006 7:35 pm

Well, now RMXP does have its upsides. I mean, think about how much support is out there for The Way. As far as graphics go, I'm sure Lun could find someone to help out.

The other cool thing is you can easily change the amount of frames in walk cycles to be 4 or 6 to make it really smooth and nice. After all, the script is really easy to use. Anyone who can use Rm2k really well can probably learn the script in a week.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Silvercrow » Mon May 22, 2006 4:06 am

Masked Gamer wrote:Well, now RMXP does have its upsides. I mean, think about how much support is out there for The Way. As far as graphics go, I'm sure Lun could find someone to help out.

The other cool thing is you can easily change the amount of frames in walk cycles to be 4 or 6 to make it really smooth and nice. After all, the script is really easy to use. Anyone who can use Rm2k really well can probably learn the script in a week.

It has it's upsides, just not enough of them.

Not NEARLY enough.
Silvercrow
S1 Hilyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon May 22, 2006 8:09 am

Agreed. You can do almost all the same things in Rm2k if you're good enough.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana