Any Complaints?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby SeeK » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:37 pm

Alot of my questions were left unanswered even after E6. I realize we're supposed to discuss such things here, but I can't help but think that it would've been nice to know for sure...
"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, not the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change" ~ Charles Darwin

"War is not for the faint hearted, but when you have no heart it's easy!" ~ NetWiz, DS Clan (Half-Life 2: DM)
SeeK
Plyn

Postby Ovenhole » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:40 pm

It's not even clear if Gaius sent Rhue there. At least from the Lexus ending I got the feeling he didn't plan this.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Postby PsychicK » Tue Jun 06, 2006 1:18 pm

It seems Gaius intended to "send" Rhue to Dream Estrana, to discover his true self. Rhue was shocked when they reached the river at the end of E5, so he was "sent" to find the answers he seeks within himself... He succeeded, although we are still left with huge blackness of information. :(

Still, too many things are undiscovered and missing... It annoys so much... But after all, isn't it the thing keeping us waiting eagerly to every statement Lun makes? Lun imprisoned us with his evil mind tricks, and now we must wait, to discover one day the truth of The Way.

Like a wise man once said,
"Life is a b*tch-
and you die at the end." :P
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Red » Tue Jun 06, 2006 6:12 pm

Still, there is a difference between a cliff-hanger and a 'huh?' ending. A cliffhanger leaves you breathless, forcing you to desire more and more information, at whatever cost. A 'huh?' ending does just that: it leaves with so much unanswered that it almost seems as if the game designer forgot to tell you the other half of the story.

I only hope that Lun helps answer our questions somewhere very close down the line.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Alundaio » Wed Jun 07, 2006 3:52 am

play the game backwards
"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -- Albert Einstein
Alundaio
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:40 pm

This was not a 'huh?' ending. As my Literature teacher would say, the main conflict of the story has been resolved. It is a thirsty ending, though. That's just the best way I can describe it.

And the 'Gaius sends Rhue to DE' theory seems to hold water (at least from what I can remember at the moment.) It... works, somehow. I hadn't though of it that way before; I was just like 'Que pasa senor?' but this makes sense.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Kyle » Sun Jun 11, 2006 3:58 pm

I always assumed Gaius sent Rhue to Dream Estrana because he could not allow Rhue to continue in his current state. After going through DE, Rhue has definitely changed (in some endings more than in other). I think this change is what he was after in the first place.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Jun 11, 2006 4:34 pm

I think the time rhue experiences in dream estrana doesn't ahve to ahve any connection to realtime. after all, I can dream for what seems like hours and only a minute has passed. And the fact that it's dream estranan implies that it's dreamy, meaning that time isn't of the essence so to speak.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Jun 12, 2006 2:13 pm

I just though of something (POSSIBLE SPOILER) - what if Gaius was just trying to revert Rhue's aura to it's original state by deseating the dominant aura, or something like that. Anyway, what I'm thinking is something like the separation of body and aura that Jopaga used his serum for in E4, resulting in Rhue's dominant aura (or his current conciousness, as I see it) being shunted off to DE when the sword absorbs it. So basically, Gaius seperates Rhue's body and aura, and the aura is absorbed by Rhue's shadow sword, landing him once again in DE.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Previous

Return to Estrana