Any Complaints?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Xusa » Sat May 27, 2006 9:30 am

Dr. Casey wrote:She did. She also had sex with Rhue, Slade, Stoyko, Rhan, Traziun, a Barrucha, Therin, and Dirk.

You forgot Dippy, you dipshit. :(
Last edited by Xusa on Sat May 27, 2006 11:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xusa
Plyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat May 27, 2006 10:33 am

now now, that was uncalled for, play nice.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby hero_bash » Sat May 27, 2006 3:21 pm

So is there a virgin female character there?
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sentinel » Sat May 27, 2006 5:42 pm

Jeruh.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat May 27, 2006 7:15 pm

Wait a sec. Did you edit that post just to add an unhappy smilie?
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Xusa » Sat May 27, 2006 9:40 pm

Just to get the point across that I didn't mean anything offensive. Well, I was intending to add something to it, but I thought it was unecessary and deleted it.

... is there something wrong with that? :?
Xusa
Plyn

Postby Sentinel » Sat May 27, 2006 10:08 pm

Telephalsion wrote:now now, that was uncalled for, play nice.

Seems more like he said it because it was related to the word "Dippy" than an actual insult.
Sentinel
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sun May 28, 2006 2:34 am

You've broken the sacred bond of Edit. For this there shall be punishments of hell and fire and evil and stuff.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Kyle » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:34 pm

On topic:

I disliked the ending of episode 6. I was HONESTLY thinking I finished the beginning part of the episode when I got out of Dream Estrana. Imagine the shock I went through... Maybe it was naive, but I was expecting it because we had only seen so little aside from what focused on Rhue and his close dream companions. Bye other characters, episode 6 doesn't care about you. That's what was left in me when I finished it and to this day it's left a very bitter taste whenever I think of the series.

Having said that, it's still a work of art and if Lun is able to produce other follow up stories to it featuring the left out characters then my faith will be renewed completely. I just hope he didn't drop the idea entirely or I probably won't be replaying any of it again.
Kyle
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jun 05, 2006 12:59 pm

I've found all the non-Reaches endings vastly disappointing.
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

Hell, I was just happy to see the ending at all. I was completly convinced that the episode would end just as Rhue entered the top floor of the tower.

Ofcourse i find out later that it originally was.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Red » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:59 pm

Personally, I thought that there would be at least 8 Episodes. Imagine my shock when I discovered that Lun had, indeed, ended the series with six. Pity.

Back on topic, my least favorite part of the entire series was, well, Episode 6. As everyone else has brought up, I felt that the final episode was completely disconnected with the rest of the series. There was less of the Four S, as I call it -- Story, Secrets, Solutions and Socializing -- than the other five chapters, and much more of the Sidequests. It felt out of place, almost as if Lun got bored and said 'Screw it, lets end the ****ing **** now'. Don't get me wrong, it's absolutely great, but just not AS great as the other five. It almost seemed as if he rushed the ending. He could have definitely strung out the story for at least another episode, I'm sure. But hey, what's done is done.

I just pray he doesn't leave it all at this. There are so many well-developed characters throughout the series, that abandoning them now would be an absolute tragedy. Please Lun, for yourself, and all of your fans, don't let it stop there. Or do. Hell, when it comes down to it, this is solely your choice. I just hope you choose, you know, what we want. :)
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Tue Jun 06, 2006 12:04 am

You guys said pretty much everything which was on my mind, but perhaps I'll dig in it some more.

Episode 6 has definitely left me with a bad feeling. Like a whirlwind in my stomach. I couldn't simply understand the point of this episode. It was very fun to play, at some parts even very challenging. A lot of stories and information were available, making the universe of "The Way" even richer and more developed.

However, other than discovering (partly) Rhue's real identity, we know nothing new about the main storyline, which led us through the other 5 episodes. The scene at the river, where supposedly Serena fell, began at episode 5, with a few more questionable things happening at the very end and at the very beginning of episode 6.

We could just skip the whole middle, except the tower (Arm of Estrana) scene.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jun 06, 2006 4:39 am

It does give us lots of background context however. I think it showed us more info on the Shadow Swords and the history of The Way. Which is definatly good.
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Red » Tue Jun 06, 2006 11:00 am

That was something I meant to bring up. Episode 6 was informative -- at least, for me -- when it came to concerning the Illuminati and the Shadow Swords. Other than that, though, I didn't feel it had as great a story as the other five.

And another thing: I did not understand why Gaius sends Rhue back to Dream Estrana. Could someone explain that to me?
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana