The Way Morrowind Mod?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jun 20, 2006 11:38 pm

If you can't do it right, don't do it at all.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby chrono10v3r » Wed Jun 21, 2006 9:03 pm

NWN 2! OMG +1! Any ways now that iv changed my pants... i would help make some stuff my self but... my friend kind of has had my copy of morrowind for about a year... so yeah to bad. But keep on going! That would be th roxors!
D-Y-S-L-E-X-I-A!
That's why i can spell anything.
Thank God for spell check.
chrono10v3r
Wanderer

Postby Distorted Shadow » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:57 pm

Being a modder for a few successful PW's, I'll have to agree with a lot of what's being said with NWN mods. I -dont- think The Way would function best as a persistent world (I didnt say good, it wouldnt be -best-), but as a Story mod instead. Recreate each part into 6 seperate modules. Its not that hard to do, but the time consumption is the issue. Its a -lot- easier to drag and drop fights in RPGM2k than it is in NWN, its like the difference between windows and mac. Mac is easier to use and can be nice, and windows is too, but its a lot deeper and can take more work to get something done (or fixed, haha.)

Theres just a LOT of things you can do with the toolset for NWN, most of the time is spent putting placeables in a room, positioning them right, lighting, everything. Whereas RPGM2k (and no offense to lun at all, this is superior to anything I've seen) its a lot of dragging and dropping once you got your core events and system down pat. It would take a while, but I think I'd love to see The Way on NWN. Maybe for NWN2 I'll work up something, I know I'm getting it, but I dont have a project on my mind.
Distorted Shadow
Wanderer

Postby Sarcasm » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:33 pm

I did not mean a standard PW, I spoke of one that will have a huge team working on it at all times, and as time goes on, old areas get deleted and new ones added.

To tell you the truth I do not think The Way could be "translated" to anything beside a PW without it being seriously inferior to the RM2K version. (the PW will still be inferior, But it will serve its purpose)
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Fri Nov 24, 2006 6:43 am

This has to be the most random spam bot ever.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Fri Nov 24, 2006 8:33 am

I'm actually tempted to check that link. But I wont.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Previous

Return to Estrana