Lun's next project

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Lun's next project

Postby Red » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:38 pm

While we are all keeping ourselves busy with "The Way" 2.0, what do you guys think Lun's next project is going to be about? I know this has been discussed before, but I just thought that I'd create a new thread altogether in which we can all input our theories.

Are the rumors true? Is Lun going to be announcing his next project THIS month? That's been the word-of-mouth.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:44 pm

He said he was going to announce something this month, though it could be anything. Lun said he wanted to try differant creative outlets, so it probably won't be in game-format.

Personally, I just think it's going to be he's taking a good few months off creating to relax and/or persue other things in his life. He damn deserves it though.
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:46 pm

I just hope the new creative outlet isn't opra.

:wink:
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby PsychicK » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:59 am

Gah, The Way: Opera. Who the heck wants to hear Dirk singing opera?

He said he'll announce this month. I hope he won't keep us waiting too long. Tbh, I don't have a clue what he could do next.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Sun Jul 02, 2006 3:06 am

PsychicK wrote:Gah, The Way: Opera. Who the heck wants to hear Dirk singing opera?

He said he'll announce this month. I hope he won't keep us waiting too long. Tbh, I don't have a clue what he could do next.

Me
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:53 pm

Sarcasm wrote:
PsychicK wrote:Gah, The Way: Opera. Who the heck wants to hear Dirk singing opera?

Me

Heck yes!
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Stedar » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:00 pm

Elachim wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:

Me

Heck yes!

Napolean Dynamite voice: Gosh, friggin idiot!

I wonder what lun will release??
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby Red » Sun Jul 02, 2006 2:21 pm

My guess: It will either be a new "Way" -related series, OR he is going to try to option off "The Way" as a film. There seemed to be a lot of talk about that pre-Episode 6.
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby PsychicK » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:52 am

Lun won't be able to make a good film, unless he makes known producers aware of his writings and doings. It's hard for me to believe they'll care for yet-another-story from an unknown person.

Lun has to find another genre to put his story skills into. A game simply isn't enough to get publicity awareness, unless he gets the big gaming websites (Gamespot, Gamespy, etc.) to review The Way, and spread the word. Maybe that's what Lun should do now; send an e-mail/letter to those websites, so they'll check "The Way". Then it's up to him how to continue.
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jul 03, 2006 5:09 am

Well, Lun is also a writer,
and at the moment he does writes screenplays . . .
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 2:36 pm

Lun won't be able to make a good film, unless he makes known producers aware of his writings and doings. It's hard for me to believe they'll care for yet-another-story from an unknown person.

Wow... that was wrong on so many levels, but I'll stick to the main points. Firstly, you don't need known producers to make a good film. And that's not true, in the history of man, it has never been easier to get recognized as an independant screenplay writer/film maker/anything.

With some modification, the way wouldn't need any kind of big budget. It would take some scrounging around, but it wouldn't be hard at all to make a decent independant film.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Mon Jul 03, 2006 4:51 pm

I think it would. In all of episode 6, most of the "Gems" come from Kluenwade, booshelfs, sidequests, and miscellaneous people. So encorporating all that into a movie would be hard.

You only have so many random bums and witch doctors that tell you a part to legend. :P
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Mon Jul 03, 2006 6:05 pm

Personally I would like for Lun to try making another original story to make his debut on the silver screen. But in the end it's his choice.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Fitz Tayo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:21 am

Telephalsion wrote:Personally I would like for Lun to try making another original story to make his debut on the silver screen. But in the end it's his choice.

I'd rather this also. Why risk potentially ruining our view of The Way?

The Episode 6 -in film- thing wouldn't be hard to do. You just include the actual main story-line things. Though that would leave many viewers VERY confused so you'd might wanna sli in some of the bookcase stuff in random conversations of something. There's also the fact these films would be quite long (Except maybe Episode 1, maybe two exlcluding many of the Marna stretch events).
<@Jeramyu> videogames are art and I will buttsex anyone who disagrees
Fitz Tayo
S4 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:13 am

Well, considering Lun seems interested in The Way, but thinks that the Rhue story is done, I figured if he were to do a film, it wouldn't be based on the games. It would probably be a brand new story that takes place on The Way.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana