The Upper Way and Citadels

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Upper Way and Citadels

Postby Angel_OA » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:22 pm

In E2 I was driven crazy with excitement at the amazing idea of there being another world on top of the Way. However, it never really went anywhere and was hardly mentioned again (unless I missed something).
I always thought that maybe the mysterious Citales were the pillars supporting the world above (as I never beleived the forerunner theory).
Any comments?
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby yoreliter » Wed Jul 12, 2006 5:51 pm

Well, I am clueless to the citadels, but, I was enlightened by my friends theory about forerunners, he said since shadow swords make a perosn live forever, then the wielders of the shadow swords could be the forerunners, since they already knew all of the names and terrain. I can spam alot of my own thoeries off of this, but I will save you the reading time.

But as to those citadels and the upper way, I haven't the foggiest.
The best actions almost never yield the best consequences
yoreliter
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jul 12, 2006 6:19 pm

Due to Dirks comments, we're definatly left to belive that forerunners are just another lie made by Tetzel.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Re: The Upper Way and Citadels

Postby Alundra » Thu Jul 13, 2006 5:37 am

[quote="Angel_OA"]In E2 I was driven crazy with excitement at the amazing idea of there being another world on top of the Way. However, it never really went anywhere and was hardly mentioned again (unless I missed something).
I always thought that maybe the mysterious Citales were the pillars supporting the world above (as I never beleived the forerunner theory).
Any comments?[/quote]

Verily that's the best theory I've ever read about those citadels...
AND if the place where rhue battles the PS at the end of episode 6,
IS in fact the Upper Way (as it seems to suggest being a sort of near transparant, glassy hallways and paths floating over mountains) then your theory might be very valuable.
The thing that comes to mind is, at the edge of the beach (same spot where ya pick up lexus) is the same spot as the opening screen...
So there's really a bunch of citadels all supporting one particulary 'city'...
Which might be the place Rhue goes to at the end.

About that place - isn't that spot almost exactly the same as that spot where Kloe is when the blana sera searches her mind for the bad things she did to ballar, before deciding to kill her? (the blue foggy place?)
So, besides gaius, it seems the blana sera which is really kalmar, can also send people to that place...?
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby hero_bash » Thu Jul 13, 2006 8:33 pm

and Gaius being the perfect blade of justice of Kalmar.. that makes sense.
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Elachim » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:27 pm

Alundra wrote:About that place - isn't that spot almost exactly the same as that spot where Kloe is when the blana sera searches her mind for the bad things she did to ballar, before deciding to kill her? (the blue foggy place?)
So, besides gaius, it seems the blana sera which is really kalmar, can also send people to that place...?

I checked that out. Sorry, it's very different.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby hero_bash » Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:17 pm

yea.. it's sos os much different..
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Alundra » Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:42 pm

well its almost like a mountain with open spheres circle thingies around it (I know how to make it in bryce, but I don't know how to describe it)
Yet I still point to the same 'atmosphere' that's in those two scenes... who knows how big that 'other world is' and part of it is absorbed by the sword ... so the part where kloe is sent to might be the 'up to date version' of that place?
meh :roll:
Alundra
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:46 am

Well, if Lower Way is subteranean caves and Middle Way is dirt and ground then maybe the Upper Way is like air cities like Bespin off of Star Wars?
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Thu Aug 03, 2006 9:04 pm

Alundra wrote:If the place where rhue battles the PS at the end of episode 6, IS in fact the Upper Way (as it seems to suggest being a sort of near transparant, glassy hallways and paths floating over mountains)

But... :( wasn't that all in Rhue's mind?
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 3:16 am

It was inside the sword. But anywho, considering that there is a lower way in Rhue's Sword/Dream World and there is a Lower Way in the real Way, so if there is an upper way in Rhue's Sword/Dream World, then theoretically there should be a real life counter-part.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Fri Aug 04, 2006 9:42 am

That's specious reasoning.

I have a glass of water sitting by my computer, therefore all computers must have glasses of water sitting next to them.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sling » Sat Aug 05, 2006 7:22 am

I said "theoretically" dum-dum, not to mention you've entirely missed the point. DE is an exact replica of the real Estrana, so if there is a Lower Way then, taking into acount that DE is an exact replica of the real Estrana, if there is an Upper Way in DE then there could be an Upper Way in the real Way.
Masked Gamer wrote: have a glass of water sitting by my computer, therefore all computers must have glasses of water sitting next to them.
Saying that is scientifically incorrect becuase that scenario does not match the scenario in the previous thesis.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Masked Gamer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:50 am

Actually it does match. By taking a small sample of reality, as in the case of both my water and DE, you cannot determine what the rest of the world is like because the sample size is too small.
Masked Gamer
S2 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:51 am

This doesn't even make sense, you can't reference statistics when we only have two samples, truthfully one, since we don't know the truth about the real world. I believe Sling was only saying that if we have two copies of the same thing, they will be the same throughout. The biggest problem with that is that we don't know if they are copies. His logic isn't what anyone would call flawless, or entirely bunk, but it would be much easier to believe the other way around. If real Estrana had an Upper Way, we would most likely assume The City has one.

I'm not arguing either way, I'm just saying you're arguing for no reason. A real argument needs evidence. Unless you can prove the existence (or non-existence) of the Upper Way, you don't argue about it, you merely state what you believe.

Personally, I'd say The Way has a real Upper Way. We were told three things, we have a lower way, a middle way, and an upper way. We know we have the first two, so we can assume the entire statement was true. Unfortunately truth doesn't work this way, throwing out two truths and a lie is common.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Next

Return to Estrana