The Way Film?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Way Film?

Postby Sling » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:29 am

OK, I may be jumping the gun here... or whatever... but the chances of Lun turning The Way into an actual film are increasing ten speed. Awhile ago, someone was talking about The Way being turned into a film. Well, I asked Lun if he was considering turning The Way into a film. To which he replied.
LunC wrote:Yes, I have
. A bit vague, but still an answer. I found this website where you submit your screenplay/script and they'd contact the right people etc. I thought, hey, this might be useful and e-mailed a link to Lun. Lun then said he'd look into it and told me he has already written a number of screenplay/scripts and is working on finishing them.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby JourWorstNightmare » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:58 pm

Maybe an anime, but a film would be lame imo. Unless it's really well done, fantasy movies are often crap.
JourWorstNightmare
Plyn

Postby Angel_OA » Fri Aug 04, 2006 5:47 pm

I don't think that Lun would really want his creation to be turned film, simply because if he went to such care and concideration to create such an enigmatic and thought provoking story, I doubt he would want it to be 'dummed down' for a mainstream audience.
I think that a book adaptation would be the only way to preserve the whole 'point' of The Way.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Ovenhole » Sat Aug 05, 2006 1:33 am

A film? *shudder* After seeing Earthsea I've tried to make it a rule never to watch film versions of stories I liked. A film version of The Way would probably end up with Rhue finding out the complete truth about the Phantom Slasher being his evil clone, defeating him and living happily ever after with Serena.
"Give a man a fire and keep him warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life." (Terry Pratchett)
Ovenhole
S1 Hilyn

Postby dyyhpys » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:04 am

Yeah, Earthsea could've been made better.

Ovenhole wrote:A film version of The Way would probably end up with Rhue finding out the complete truth about the Phantom Slasher being his evil clone, defeating him and living happily ever after with Serena.

Yeah...
Even though that is impossible according to the story of the way, it would be something like that, it would become one of those flims which have a lot of hype for about a year, then die down. Then years later you will find the DVD "on sale, everything must go!" for $2.

If there is going to be a film version of the way, it needs to be done properly.
But too little people will get it, so it might not be worth it.
ALAN: Badgering? I never mentioned
a badger. I'm talking about kitty
kats.
dyyhpys
S1 Hilyn

Postby Asra » Sat Aug 05, 2006 2:30 am

Also, if they made it a film, it would either have to be very long or done in a number of sequels. Doing it all at once would pretty much mean it would need to be insanely long or be dumbed down to fit the plot in.
Asra
S2 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sat Aug 05, 2006 4:13 am

The way would probably not the the best film for lun to start with, mainly because it's too big to fit in one film.

He'd need to make a good film first, then get the support for making two or three the way films.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Red » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:41 pm

Which brings us back to the question I have constantly asked for the past few months: What could Lun's next project possibly be?

Obviously, this thread has expanded on the possibility of shopping "The Way" around as a trilogy of screenplays or what not.

But I would love to see whether or not Lun is a one-hit wonder, or not. I don't know about you, but personally, I'm hoping for the "not".
When the game of life makes you feel like quittin',
It helps a lot if you kill a kitten

--Stephen Lynch, "Kill a Kitten"
Red
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:58 pm

50 seru on not.

(Sorry for hijacking the line, Cedus. :oops: )
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:01 pm

Red wrote:What could Lun's next project possibly be?

I hope for anything other than a 'follow on' to The Way. I don't think that Lun could improve on the series.

Was it Lun who designed or concepted the amazing alien landscapes in The Way? Because I think there is HUGE potential in such imagery. Its revolutionary - like the first time we saw the 'Alien' monster, it had never been seen before. I think that Lun will come out with something rather suprising, probably something we wouldn't expect.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Aug 06, 2006 5:37 pm

I think it'd be good if he tried to pull another piece of original artwork from wherever they spawn inside him.
Cause it'd require lots of money to make the way into either animation or moving picture.
And the same would probably go for crestfallen aswell.

EDIT: Also, the storyline from the game wouldn't be very good for a film, or maybe I'm thinking too deep into it. I mean, there are tons orf optional stuff that explains stuff that you probably wouldn't be able to fit into a movie.

And also, who would play Rhue? I vote Sylvester Stallone.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Mon Aug 07, 2006 1:50 pm

I think it'd be good if he'd hurry the hell up and tell us.

Then again, "An answer is always a form of death."

50 points and a heartstone for the first to pin down that line.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby Requiem » Thu Aug 10, 2006 1:55 pm

That line was written by author John Fowles.

But I didn't really know that.

Google is like cheating.
Momento mori.
Requiem
Plyn

Postby Elachim » Fri Aug 11, 2006 12:10 pm

Requiem wrote:That line was written by author John Fowles.

But I didn't really know that.

Google is like cheating.

Ding Ding! 50 points! And subtract 75 for cheating! :D
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

Postby avatarmonkeykirby » Mon Aug 14, 2006 1:17 pm

The only person i think would be good for the role of Rhue would be Keanu Reeves. That's just me. but i think the part would fit nicely 8)
True love lies in complete adherence to Newton's third law.
S1 Hilyn

Next

Return to Estrana