The Way article(s) on the RPG Maker Wiki

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby MusashiEX » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:58 pm

Wotcher, Mr. Massive Wall of Text.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Wellsy » Fri Feb 09, 2007 1:07 am

Yes, it's long. Yes, it could use some more paragraph breaks. Yes, it's no fun to try to read in forum text. However, a few things to keep in mind:
  • I wrote the summaries for E4 and E5 extremely early in the morning.
  • E4 and E5 are by far the largest 2 episodes as far as plot.
  • Lun has put very few superfluous events in the Way. Nearly everything relates to the main plotline.
  • These are presented as rough drafts for a wiki article, not as a shining beacon of literary achievement. If you don't like them, then by all means, please edit them.

Thanks. :wink:
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sun Jun 17, 2007 3:34 pm

I wonder what the person meant by this...

He is not the ideal video game hero, and is actually somewhat villanous and cruel in the first few instalments.

Villainous and cruel in the first few installments? I thought that he mostly got worse as he went along, being at his best in episode one and his worst in episode five.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sun Jun 17, 2007 7:49 pm

Remember the rabbit race? You could kill five innocent people maximum, and two minimum.

Edit: My bad. I was thinking of something else. It's five max, 0 min.

By the way, I think we should remove the "A.K.A. Dancing Violet" part from Cesta. It's a major spoiler.
Last edited by MusashiEX on Mon Jun 18, 2007 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:09 pm

you can get through the rabbit race without killing anyone.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sun Jun 17, 2007 9:32 pm

Not to mention that even if you do kill some people, it's the only time Rhue breaks down over killing random people.
sqpat17 wrote:Slade: Maybe the sword flew over and landed in his chest. "Oof! Stabbed by two shadow swords in one week!" Okay, maybe not.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby aeymxq » Mon Jun 18, 2007 2:23 pm

haha, i am so not helping with this.
aeymxq
Plyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:32 am

And we thank you.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:06 pm

I have a little question.

Considering the fork options of episode six, writing all possible endings would be tedious.
Writing only the "main" ending of episode six might be a good choice, but then leaving a big hint that this is only one possible ending, and that other endings are best discovered by playing the game.

Unless Wellsy does not mind writing all endings and possible outcomes of course.

Also, I'm willing to help out on this, just give me a task and I'll get to it, I've got quite the bit of spare time nowadays.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jun 19, 2007 2:28 pm

Telephalsion wrote:I have a little question.

Considering the fork options of episode six, writing all possible endings would be tedious.
Writing only the "main" ending of episode six might be a good choice, but then leaving a big hint that this is only one possible ending, and that other endings are best discovered by playing the game.

Unless Wellsy does not mind writing all endings and possible outcomes of course.

Also, I'm willing to help out on this, just give me a task and I'll get to it, I've got quite the bit of spare time nowadays.

Wellsy had a kid. The article is on an 18 year hiatus until she goes to college.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Wellsy » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:10 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
Telephalsion wrote:I have a little question.

Wellsy had a kid. The article is on an 18 year hiatus until she goes to college.

Ha, very funny, Jera. I can actually wait just 5 years until she starts kindergarten.

I had write-ups for Eps 1-5, but like Tele noted, I didn't know how to approach the multiple-ending Ep 6. The tricky problem is determining which one is the "main" ending. One would think the Traziun ending, but that's not 100% certain.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby Telephalsion » Wed Jun 20, 2007 7:12 am

Personally, I think we can leave that open for now, or maybe write some nifty text depicting that E6 is the climactic episode where Rhue's actions actually alter the outcome and ending.

Or something along those lines.
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:05 pm

Or you can write something like "Rhue then goes into the tower and finds out the "truth""
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Wed Jun 20, 2007 4:11 pm

But he doesn't always get to the tower.
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:59 am

Dr. Casey wrote:I wonder what the person meant by this...

He is not the ideal video game hero, and is actually somewhat villanous and cruel in the first few instalments.

Villainous and cruel in the first few installments? I thought that he mostly got worse as he went along, being at his best in episode one and his worst in episode five.

... I still want to know.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana