WayVoice Sound Files

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

WayVoice Sound Files

Postby Rangi42 » Sun Jan 07, 2007 6:28 pm

It's apparently been concluded that the WayVoice sound files which have existed since Episode 3 are as follows (after you reverse them and double their speed with a program like Audacity):
  • WayVoice1: "I knew (you'd? you would?) finally (come?)." ("Come" is probable, but hard to hear.)
  • WayVoice2: "Iiii (suppose so? support you?)." (Stretched-out "I"; there's a clear "rch" sound towards the end.)
  • WayVoice3: "These are the greater (try orals? trails? trials?), you (silly? stupid?) things." (It sounds most like "try orals", but that's nonsense; the "o" is definitely there, though.)
  • WayVoice6: "They (say? said?) it was so (forget it. of course it was? forgetting the troubles they caused?)." (Hard to make out.)

I have a theory that these voices are meant to make sense in this conversation, when Kloe is sentenced to death by what are probably the Blana Sera:
DARK LYN: The Blana Sera have arrived. Proceed.
[KLOE walks down the hallway to the Inner Sanctum.]
KLOE: (Where are they...)
[WayVoice1]
We know why you're here child.
[WayVoice2]
You have failed your task.
[WayVoice3]
You have done well to come to this place. Now child, close your eyes.
[WayVoice6]
Just relax. We see everything.

[Go through KLOE's past: she's sad that GAIUS left, auctioned to BALLAR, him pretending to love her, him sleeping with other girls behind her back, her seeing him with someone else. Teleport to what looks like the inside of the Arm of Estrana (the Phantom's Blade) in Dream Estrana. (It could be the Upper Way, and/or a citadel.)]

KLOE: (Where am I?)
[WayVoice2]
All is seen.
[WayVoice1]
Nothing more is required.
[WayVoice6]
Your sentence is pronounced.
[WayVoice2]
[WayVoice2]
[WayVoice2]
Death. Death. Death.

In addition, WayVoice3 is played once during Rhue's vision when he's injected with Formula #43: after his aura returns to his body (or at least that's what it looks like) you hear the voice, and it fades out to him waking up in the Scene.

Are these files used elsewhere as well? Maybe in the Arm of Estrana in Episode 6...

Edit: WayVoice1 is played once in the beginning of Episode 4, when the Black Lyn notices Traziun executing "Plan B" (whatever that was; it distracted all the Blood Lyn, though). This may be a hint to support the theory that Kalmar, the Black Lyn, is also the Blana Sera; his Shadow Sword, Ghost Horror, may allow him to sense people's pasts (as the Blana Sera did with Kloe) or presents (he may have sensed Traziun's presence).

Edit 2: The one other time all four WayVoice files are used is in the default ending of Episode 6. (Don't read ahead if you don't want to know how it ends.) When Rhue (who seems to think he's Midian) kills Jeruh and Gaius takes the body away to bury, Rhue's "dominant" aura changes. The following cutscene is much the same as the one in Jopaga's lab, when Rhue's aura is separated from his body by Formula #43; however, all four WayVoice files are heard, multiple times.

This prompts me to invent a new theory: there's no reason for the Blana Sera or Kalmar to follow Rhue, speaking in his dreams; the voices seem to have something to do with auras. The Blana Sera may be reading Kloe's mind/soul/aura when they see that she killed Ballar; also, both times Rhue's aura and body are separated, those voices are heard. (Those weird pictures, which include a distorted image of the first tent seen in Episode 1, also appear.) Anyone have an idea why aura-changing would create those voices? Are they hallucinations or visions, or can everyone around hear them? Is some outside being speaking? Is the wanderer's aura speaking? Or are they just sounds characteristic of auras, the same way lightsabers have that unspellable (or just hard-to-spell-well) activation sound?
Last edited by Rangi42 on Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:56 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Angel_OA » Sun Jan 07, 2007 7:08 pm

WayVoice 3 could be 'These are the greater high-morals.' That's the most sense I can get from that specific sound.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Teenr0cker » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:49 am

Rangi, or should I say fake rangi, because I'm fairly certain the real Rangi does art, I suggest you get RM2K3. It has a search feature. Use it and search for those voice files.
Sage Of The Wise wrote:This sounds like the beginning of a sitcom. Think about it: "Coming this fall to Fox, Ralphie and the Hooker".
Teenr0cker
S2 Deralyn

"Fake Rangi"

Postby Rangi42 » Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:29 pm

I have RM2K3. You can search for variables, switches, and event names; unfortunately, sound files, music files, pictures, and so one can't be searched. (At least, not with the Event Search option. Is there another way?)

I didn't consider that there was another person called Rangi when I joined; as my signature says, I've used this name for a while elsewhere. That's what the "42" is for.
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sarcasm » Tue Jan 09, 2007 8:45 am

Exellent work
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Return to Estrana