A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Stedar » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:23 pm

Heh, yeah. Sorry about that.
Stedar
S2 Hilyn

Postby PseudoFlare » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:29 pm

Rangi42 wrote:
PseudoFlare wrote:'Lun Calsari and all those who helped make The Way (Fwacho, Maya, Mob Pixelle, and everyone else he credits). Each episode is a work of art in itself, and making a series of six is just incredible.'

Self-Explanatory

Self-explanatory? Not quite. "Luke" is a boy's name, right? (I will feel like such a n00b if I didn't get Lun's gender correct.)

Woopsie. I didn't read the sentence correctly. I thought it meant 'everyone else in credits. Sorry for the wrong info.

The buggiest place of all is the Lost City cave thingie. 1st bug I encountered was when I reached a certain track, I could move around anywhere IN the buggy cart. 2nd bug was that when you could move anywhere with the buggy cart and station in one of the stations, you can't go back to the "buggy" cart and you'll be stuck in that island forever (I had to start over. This is when I begin using cheats due to not to try anything repititive. I should upload the voice file when I actually saw that this bug was serious. I believe I hit 12th decibel). Both of these bugs were in the 2nd part of the cave with the switches.

3rd bug was that when you got Lyrra and try to go to the Lost City cave the normal way, your screen will black out.
PseudoFlare
Plyn

Location: A really short way, just left of your street 3 blocks ahead.

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:38 pm

Ok, if Alan's legs being the only part of him in the sprite is such a big deal, I can probably offer an explanation. RM2K sprites are rectangular, so Lun couldn't have just rotated it 90 degrees. And since there were plenty of trees to put him half-under, Lun probably just used the bottom half of the sprite. And besides, we all know that every dead person in The Way exudes a geyser of blood, so I doubt he was already dead.

As for what Alan was doing there in the first place? Who knows. But it does seem almost unfalsifiable that he was killed by the PS there and absorbed into the sword at that time.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Rangi42 » Fri Jan 26, 2007 5:07 pm

fwacho wrote:Corinth was / is a major "idea" explored by Lun and goes into the pre-history of the game. Dirk has quite a history too as you might guess. Sacrifa, as Lun mentioned, also had a lot of back story that went unsaid.

Not the sort of history that can be guessed from cutscenes and hidden notes, I assume? :?

fwacho wrote:That said the backstory would make better movies than the starwas prequels... also you would have to play the original series to truly grasp the signifigance of the past.
[...]
For those wandering, Lun is working his rear end off in a Creative Writing Degree and has been submitting some non-related things to publishers. The way he's pushing you'll see something officially done be it book or script from him within five years, maximum.

So, is Lun thinking of publishing anything Way-related, even if what he's submitting now isn't? I'd buy it.

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
fwacho wrote:That said the backstory would make better movies than the starwas prequels...

Well, all in all, thats not much of a feat.

They weren't that bad. The dialogue needs work, and the characters could be more well-rounded/deep/unpredictable/etc (better dialogue would have helped that), and Jar-Jar Binks is a crime against humanity.... But the general idea of showing Lord Vader's backstory, accompanied by lightsaber battles where the blades are actually colored (*cough*ANewHope*cough*) and incredible music (John Williams and The Way are pretty much tied in that I tend to hum them equally often), is worth seeing/hearing.

Stedar wrote:Yeah, 4 slash sounds. and if the PS slashed 2x on 2 guys, then what about the 3rd guided? No scream or him running away or anything.

Exactly, what about the third rebel? If Alan survived, either a rebel did as well (in which case, why didn't he make any noise? And why didn't the PS notice him? The PS hasn't been sloppy in its mass homicide before), or one of the rebels required more slashes to finish him off. And either way, it leaves the question of when and how Alan got to Dream Estrana.

PseudoFlare wrote:The buggiest place of all is the Lost City cave thingie.

Oh yeah... I tried getting past that the honest way, but had to edit the code somewhat to make it possible to win. That was a while ago, so I don;t have details sufficient for a topic in the Bugs forum, but I remember it was frustrating to get past.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Ok, if Alan's legs being the only part of him in the sprite is such a big deal, I can probably offer an explanation. RM2K sprites are rectangular, so Lun couldn't have just rotated it 90 degrees. And since there were plenty of trees to put him half-under, Lun probably just used the bottom half of the sprite. And besides, we all know that every dead person in The Way exudes a geyser of blood, so I doubt he was already dead.

That makes sense. Looking back on it, these are some other "trimmed" charsets (like people in bed or something).
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:16 am

There are two things I can think of that could be added to the altered scenes sections.

The first is in Episode 1. You already have that the headhunter asks about Gaius instead of Jeruh. Another thing that was altered is when Gaius introduces himself to Rhue and Traziun, Rhue remembered hearing his name in the older version. I don't have this version anymore so someone else would have to post the actual words.

Also some of the dialogue during the plunge with Slade in Episode 5 was altered.
http://www.crestfallen.us/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=45306#45306
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Angel_OA » Sat Jan 27, 2007 8:37 am

fwacho wrote:For those wandering, Lun is working his rear end off in a Creative Writing Degree and has been submitting some non-related things to publishers. The way he's pushing you'll see something officially done be it book or script from him within five years, maximum.

Hmm.
From what my barber told me, I now knew that nothing was real.
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby MusashiEX » Sat Jan 27, 2007 1:40 pm

Angel_OA wrote:
fwacho wrote:For those wandering, Lun is working his rear end off in a Creative Writing Degree and has been submitting some non-related things to publishers. The way he's pushing you'll see something officially done be it book or script from him within five years, maximum.

Hmm.

Lol. Didn't catch that.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:33 pm

Just spotted something interesting. View M 2 0 on the lower layer.

"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:36 pm

"Loss of Tim?"
1,000,000,672+1D4 Bludgeoning to the face, bitch!
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:47 pm

There's a "E" on the right side of the map that's utterly obvious. There wasn't room where the rest of the word was.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 12:58 pm

Blind I am.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby Angel_OA » Mon Jan 29, 2007 1:03 pm

Loss of time? Time of loss?
I can't find that map even though it's very familiar. What event happens there?
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

Postby Sarcasm » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:41 pm

The speech about the nature of the human heart.
Sarcasm
S1 Corlyn

Postby MusashiEX » Mon Jan 29, 2007 2:44 pm

The one about crashing waves and mist.
Impossible wrote:Isn't YOUR MOTHER a comment?
MusashiEX
S5 Hilyn

Postby Angel_OA » Mon Jan 29, 2007 3:25 pm

The fog is real... it's even described in e6. but wait... how does someone in dream estrana know about that?

Is everyone is this room gathered for some specific purpose? Bearing in mind that if Dream Estrana is all in Rhue's head, all these people have been gathered together because of something in his subconscious...right?
Angel_OA
S3 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana