The Way: Easter Eggs and Secrets Guide

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Victor » Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Sad to see that not much progress has been done in all this time I've been gone. Mostly frustration though. Oh well, just decided to take another look at some of these things again and made a very small breakthrough.

For the phone number code:
84373 47 66 663! - "There is no one!"
73176 743 539.

If you add 1 to the first word in the second line you get "thats". "That's she key" doesn't make too much sense though. But if you also add 1 to the first letter of the second word then it turns into "That's the key." which makes a lot more sense. Except that the previous sentence might actually be implying that the second sentence was "missing" "one" in which case I have no idea what key it's referring to.
Victor
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:24 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Just spotted something interesting. View M 2 0 on the lower layer.

It looks like that isn't the only message hidden that way in the Concert Hall either.

Edit:
Here is a list.
Right Tower- WAVE!
Upper Rafters of Hall- CASEY row
Upper Bend- my home
Lower Hall- IRAQ :[

There are other messages in other areas.
Courtroom- Hang SH
Mine Cart Puzzle- Prisoner
The Road to the Tower- polo tics of the rich kill the poor.
guerrillas can not be defeated.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Rangi42 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:01 am

Non-Sequitur, EmperorJeramyu, Victor -- good observations! "There is no one!" meaning to add one to certain letters... I don't think that's been noticed before. Although adding one to turn "she" into "the" seems arbitrary, it at least produces a result.

Angel_OA wrote:Is everyone is this room gathered for some specific purpose? Bearing in mind that if Dream Estrana is all in Rhue's head, all these people have been gathered together because of something in his subconscious...right?

The M 2 O man's character is on the same charset as the Phantom; also, I don't think he has anything but a front view. Probably a late addition to the game, in that case.
Keep in mind the odd verse in that room:
Code: Select all
M 2 O (002,005) EV0014:
   Three of four and four in one
   Five's too many and one is none
   One, then Three, Six and Eight
   Ten's the end of this cascade.
   RHUE: What kind of crap is that...

Edit: There are some other messages in the lower-level tiles as well, like "Fairfield. CA" in the "Spiral" map. Also, "There is no one!" might apply to some of the things in the M 2 O map, like the "cascade" poem or the name of the man's event ("3 6 4 _11 8 6 16 1 7").
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: People aren't perfect!
Phantom: People are selfish.
Rhue: They can change...
Phantom: You know they can't.
Rhue: Some try!
Phantom: All fail.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:36 pm

Found another change. In the new version, Strata's out of place self redemption speach on what really matters was shortened down to two words. "You Bastard". For the better I think.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Rangi42 » Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:39 pm

I never played the version where he makes that speech; what was it?
I've used this name on boards for a while before I learned about the artist and Crestfallen Studios site designer Rangi.
Rhue: ... ...I don't care. I just want someone who won't stop trying. And I won't stop either...
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Wed Jan 31, 2007 9:04 pm

Lyrra...
He... He killed you...
I'm such an idiot...
I didn't... lands...
You were right about what
really mattered...
Blue boy is going to pay for this!!
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Wellsy » Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:07 am

Huh, I'm playing through the updated versions now, I had forgotten that he said that stuff. The new dialogue fits much better, IMO.
Wellsy
S5 Hilyn

Postby black feather » Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:00 pm

going back to the time loss of? thing
i cant see any meaning so i'm thinking it might be an anagram or a puzzle like that, i'll get back to you if i find anything
MusashiEX wrote:Well, I'm the lesser of thirteen evils.

hudabigbadwolf wrote:you have a crap avatar!!!!!11111oneone2246847694htrnv b mnxf j809n v3598uy 5

i solemnly swear that i shall not spam,necromance, insult or offend any persons on this forum
black feather
S1 Hilyn

Version 1.2

Postby Rangi42 » Mon May 28, 2007 2:10 pm

Version 1.2 of the guide is now available. I know it's been a while, but there's pretty much new information in it. The Deleted and Altered Scenes, Hidden Messages, Jopaga's Books, Notes, Bookshelves, and Mirrors sections have all been updated.
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon May 28, 2007 2:25 pm

I just noticed something. In the "deleted and altered scenes" section, Fwacho's first name is given as Fred when it is actually Frank.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Thu May 31, 2007 3:57 am

You've got something else wrong, in episode 2 (under DELS in your guide), in the room where Kygar stays, you CAN get the heart stone, but the mirror is disabled. However, you can only get the heart stone in the 2 minutes before Traziuns match, and you have to do it by going behind the bar and up the stairs. When you open the door above the stairs, Kygar comes out of his room, remarks about the door being open, then goes off, leaving his room open. You can then go into the room and get the heart stone.

EDIT: You also got the treasure trove in Episode 6 wrong. There is a way to get to it, although it is strange. I cant remember it myself, but its in the walkthrough.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

Use one of those extendable batons.

"For long distance rape."
hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Rangi42 » Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:42 am

hudabigbadwolf, are you sure about the treasure trove being accessible? Jabbo Kaldra's walkthrough says that you can get to it through the right-hand painting in the Phantom's lair, but I checked the most recent version of the game and none of the paintings do that. Could this have been changed from an earlier version? You're right about the Heart Stone in Episode 2, though.
Rangi42
Plyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Sun Jun 17, 2007 12:32 pm

Im pretty sure you can, although you have to bring the phantom the middle part of his painting before it teleports you.
I would check this, but my comp has resently been wiped, so can someone else do this for me while i find a site which actually still HAS RM.
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:
Sarcasm wrote:Fun Fact: Poking someone in Israel is considered rape and not assault.

hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jun 17, 2007 1:57 pm

When you restore the painting you can then warp to the 'richer house', the house with the TTHW refference above the room where you fight Kava, and to 'Eclectic Mind', which is a treasure trove of sorts, jsut not the one we're talking about.

I can't find a way into the treasure trove in the current version or in any of the betas i have.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby hudabigbadwolf » Mon Jun 18, 2007 6:04 am

OH! Now i now which one you're talking about... yeh, there is a way to get to that one as well... it says in the guide, you have to jump across a hole, then jump down, goright a bit, jump up, then jump right and go past a building into that bit where you can access the "treasure trove"
I know that its definately near the brothel; the bit where you go into the place and say we shouldn't get involved...
Or its something like that...
Angel_OA wrote:
HolsteinCow wrote:

hudabigbadwolf
S1 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana