The Way Unofficial Soundtrack Project

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: The Way Unofficial Soundtrack Project

Postby Rumble_Puppy » Tue Apr 01, 2008 1:37 pm

It would allow the original songs composed by Lun, Landry, etc to be burned to CDs. I don't really care either way, but some people may prefer to have versions of the songs that can be written onto CDs, or they may just be obsessive and want all of their music in one format.
Rumble_Puppy
Wanderer

Postby Shindy » Sun Apr 06, 2008 12:22 pm

Impy I dont know if you found the solution already... but have you tried the font patch? It fixed my messed fonts up for me.

http://crankeye.com/index.php?page=downloads

Scroll down to rm2k font patch.
Shindy
Dark Lyn

Postby Preki » Wed May 28, 2008 4:18 am

So, I've got some songs converted into IT modules. I used samples (or rather instruments) from file FF8.dls (enclosed to Final Fantasy 8 PC version). Some of them sounds so great :D , especially "Reflective Sky" or "The Fighter Spirit".
Burn me...
Preki
Plyn

Postby Rumble_Puppy » Fri Jun 06, 2008 4:45 am

Impossible said:
BSomethingamiss - "The Puzzles" from "the 7th guest" for PC. (evidently impossible to find, not sure if there's a rip of this game's music at all)

Are we sure that BSomethingamiss is from the 7th Guest specifically, and not from its sequel, the 11th Hour, or even a completely different game? I have the original 2 CD pack that it came in, and the second disk is the whole soundtrack compressed into one music track. I swear that I've listened to it about seven times trying to find anything similar to BSomethingamiss without success.

Edit:
If anyone wants to try their hand at finding it (maybe I'm just missing it or being stupid) pm me and I'll try and rapidshare it or something...
Rumble_Puppy
Wanderer

Postby Faltru » Mon Sep 22, 2008 2:34 pm

I would love to help out with this in any way possible. I can make symphonic or remixed versions of some of the MIDIs from the game.
Faltru
Wanderer

Postby Impossible » Mon Sep 29, 2008 2:03 am

Remixes aren't necessary, but MP3 versions of Way-original songs, and anything else I've mentioned not having an MP3 for, would be a massive help. I know there are programs that let you do that kind of thing using higher quality samples (see: OverClocked Remix), but I know nothing about that. Preki, I assume you do. >_> Can you put what you've made on a free file hosting site?
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Faltru » Sun Oct 26, 2008 2:15 pm

I'm using a mac these days. So I no longer have The Way on my computer. If someone can upload the midis so that I can take a look at them it would be most helpful. In the mean time, I'll try to get my hands on them myself and see what I can do with them.
Faltru
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Oct 26, 2008 5:40 pm

Here you go.

That should be most of them. There might be a few missing because I just combined the music folders from the most recent versions, and one or two midis were removed in the latest versions, but it's still most of them.

Incidentally, I might have something sort of big to show relating to Way music sometime soon. No promises.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Faltru » Wed Oct 29, 2008 8:34 pm

Thank you very much, that's very helpful.

I'm currently working on some Symphonic versions of original tracks made for The Way. If we want to group our efforts, then we'll have to get more organized. Otherwise we could have several unofficial soundtracks.

I'll post a sample of what I'm doing when I get the chance.
Faltru
Wanderer

Postby Preki » Thu Oct 30, 2008 7:06 am

I've collected some samps from random sources and put 'em into "End of the Way" song with Modplug Tracker. And - in my opinion - sounds good. But I can't upload it, because computers in my school library have now Windows Vista instead of XP, and I dunno how to hack it now. Maybe I should wait, the Internet access may come to me shortly, and then I'll upload the song from my own computer.
Burn me...
Preki
Plyn

Postby Impossible » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:00 pm

If you guys are still doing whatever you're doing, I'm still interested. Just been busy lately.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Dec 11, 2008 5:06 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Incidentally, I might have something sort of big to show relating to Way music sometime soon. No promises.

This fell through due to some immense computer suckage. If someone knows a good place to host lots of individual mp3s, divulge and I can share what little I managed to do.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby PsychicK » Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:55 am

Preki wrote:I've collected some samps from random sources and put 'em into "End of the Way" song with Modplug Tracker. And - in my opinion - sounds good. But I can't upload it, because computers in my school library have now Windows Vista instead of XP, and I dunno how to hack it now. Maybe I should wait, the Internet access may come to me shortly, and then I'll upload the song from my own computer.

Burn Vista, BURN!!!
Don't argue with an idiot because he will bring you down to his level and beat you on experience.
PsychicK
S1 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Dec 16, 2008 11:23 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:
EmperorJeramyu wrote:Incidentally, I might have something sort of big to show relating to Way music sometime soon. No promises.

This fell through due to some immense computer suckage. If someone knows a good place to host lots of individual mp3s, divulge and I can share what little I managed to do.

Putfile? There are a few sites that shouldn't be hard to find...
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Elachim » Sun Mar 29, 2009 9:49 am

Is this thing still going? Coincidentally I was thinking of starting something similar myself when I happened upon this thread.

I have FL Studio and moderate experience with it, but not much in the way of samples. I'd be willing to help out.

Rendering midi as mp3 will give you almost no difference in sound, but what Preki appears to be doing is replacing the midi instruments with higher quality samples. This can be done fairly easily, especially with all the game midis right there. I could take some of the work there if some of you (Preki?) could help me out finding samples. I'm particularly interested in how you got the FF8 samples, Preki. If you could share those or show me how I can get them, I'd be most grateful.

I would be in favor of a CD composed of sampled and mastered versions of the in-game midis. Listing the original tracks is important though - perhaps a cover insert with the results of the music tracking topic?

You all have got me excited about The Way again.
Thinks he knows more about the Plunge than you.
Elachim
S2 Hilyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana