Character break-down

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby ReaperGal » Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:18 pm

The plunge with Slade was almost a challenge, but the tournement plunge with Strata was rough. I just barely made it to 7 rounds. That was a fun plunge.
ReaperGal
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:36 am

It's true, the plunges in E4 onwards get far too easy. There should really be less Lyn Rocks, but maybe more of the ones that increase your DT. >_> Or there could just be stronger enemies... or a hard mode. That would make the whole game more fun.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Berserker » Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:55 am

The plunge with Slade was almost a challenge, but the tournement plunge with Strata was rough. I just barely made it to 7 rounds. That was a fun plunge.

The problem with that is that you can't use a "strategy" or something, you have to rely just on luck and on your character.
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Porter » Tue Mar 08, 2005 11:51 am

Plunge is underrated because some people don't take the time to fight all the monsters.

Ever check out some of the reviews on GamingW? Wanks.
Porter
S4 Corlyn

Postby Berserker » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:01 am

You mean someone actually says they're too hard?!
"I shouldn't have to live in a world where all good points are horrible ones" (Black mage, 8bit theater)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Fredric » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:24 am

Some of the plunges in the earlier episodes can be really hard. It took me more than 15 tries to beat Parris in ep.2 the last time I played.
Fredric
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Wed Mar 09, 2005 3:19 pm

The early plunges are the best, you have to think about what your doing, instead of waiting for a step 4 to happen.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Dr. Casey » Wed Mar 09, 2005 8:59 pm

When you have a Plunge rating of 8 against Kygar and 10 against Strata, Plunge battles remain pretty much the same. I did Step 4 Rosmar and Kygar on the first pass the first time I played them, but that was the only time I was able to.
Dr. Casey
S2 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Mar 10, 2005 2:15 pm

I had the max plunge rating agenst strata (I think 16) and if everything is planned right, the damage you can do is immense. Never been able to beat Strata without a step 4 yet.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby DSOK » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:11 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:I had the max plunge rating agenst strata (I think 16) and if everything is planned right, the damage you can do is immense. Never been able to beat Strata without a step 4 yet.

I ran through the battle a couple dozen times, to get a rough idea of the probabilities. It's much, much easier for Strata to beat you with a Step 4 injury than for you to beat him without one. The former event happened at least a quarter of the time, but the latter only occured once for me.
Demon Sultan of Khaipur
DSOK
S4 Hilyn

Re: Character break-down

Postby Beldarius » Wed Sep 12, 2012 1:09 pm

*revives another dead thread, FFFFFUUUUUUUU-*

Finally, he has his OWN FORTRESS ON ANOTHER DIMENSION.

I don't think Kalmar's fortress is in another dimension, dude. When I first saw that scene, I could have sworn they were on top of one of the citadels.

And Dirk, well... I developed this theory that Dirk is actually Tetzel. That would explain why he knows everything about The Way, and Tetzel should be the closest thing there is to a Forerunner. Or then he's Eyashu who isn't really dead at all.

The Shadow Man from the Pits? I think he's just the manifestation of Night Reaper, just like Phantom Slasher is the manifestation of Rhue's sword.

I'm also one of the people who think Ghost Horror went to Lyrra. You remember the sword stuck in the floor when Slade wakes up in the Blood Lyn ward? We see Lyrra and a Blood Lyn barreling past him and then there's a scream, and later a bloodied Lyrra runs screaming bloody murder after Strata, holding that same sword.

Serena... I doubt she's just an "ideal". Slade and Scatha certainly seemed to know who she was, so she did exist.
*points at her avatar* In case you're curious, this guy is Tetsuya Onodera from Super Robot Wars OG. He's the vice-captain of Space Noah class battleship Hagane and my favorite character in the games (alongside Gilliam Yeager).
Beldarius
Wanderer

Re: Character break-down

Postby Deltaway » Wed Sep 12, 2012 7:25 pm

Wow. Necromancy much? I just got a notification from this thread; needed to change my password since the system didn't recognize it from way back in 2004.
Deltaway
Plyn

Previous

Return to Estrana