Character break-down

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Postby Gizmo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 4:54 am

Why did Traziun suddenly get really strong in the space of three episodes?
Gizmo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:05 am

I think he already was strong but didn't want others to know it (plus, the balance of the game would be gone if you could use him with 400+ hp)
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Gizmo » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:06 am

That's true! :wink: Why's eveyone getting strong except Rhue? Even Gaius is really strong!
Gizmo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:19 am

Urge to kill.. Rising...

Well, if you weren't a fucking moron, you'd notice that Traziun got a Shadow Sword, and Gaius was probably hiding his power early on (wouldn't be surprised if Traziun had been holding back a little, too).
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Fri Aug 27, 2004 9:54 am

I think stats are only a relative of a character's strength.

Example: (I know this is not exact) If Traz's HP, Focus, Poise and Will were twice that of Rhue's, then he'd be considered to be TWICE as powerful as Rhue at that time.

Later on in Ep3, Rhue is buffed, and Trazuin also had a HP boost, Attack Boost, etc, but not to the extenet of Rhue. Now Traz only has 1.5x the stats. Trazuin didn't get this huge boost because of the plot. It's because Rhue has to get his stats somehow (to fight harder enemies, more challenge) and Trazuin's stats are only geared to match it so he doesn't end up a shitty support character. He could not be actually getting stronger. If I recall, Trazuin is just wandering the way until he finds Strata (to plunge) and his dad (to kill). Rhue's jump from half traz's skill to 2/3 of it is reflective of RHUE's advancement.

His 400+ hp, Sig Slash, etc. is basically allowing him to take on tons of the Lyn monsters Rhue can only take one at a time.

I doubt they were "holding back". Just their stats subtly rise to match the game's challenge. The ONLY exception in final Gaius in Ep5, where his skills are reflecting the fact he got some power.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Impossible » Fri Aug 27, 2004 6:20 pm

No, Traziun got a Shadow Sword. Thus his amazing ability to beat the shit out of many, many Blood Lyn. You make a good point about that bit in E3, though... He would've had the sword then. Lun knows what he's doing, so it's entirely possible Traziun (and Lun) just didn't want to reveal his true power.
Impossible
S2 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Fri Aug 27, 2004 7:26 pm

Gaius is hiding it, for sure.

Wonder what his secret unusable skill is...
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:04 am

I think the most accurate way to determinate the strenght of a character is the plunge, but we don't see many character plunging...
Anyway, when Rhue uses his shadow sword he can take on as many blood lyn as traz it seems.
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Amgard » Sat Aug 28, 2004 8:57 pm

Yeah, Delhara's massacre by Rhue had me all like "O_o HE CAN DO THAT!?"
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Fredric » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:23 am

Berserker wrote:I think the most accurate way to determinate the strenght of a character is the plunge, but we don't see many character plunging...
Anyway, when Rhue uses his shadow sword he can take on as many blood lyn as traz it seems.

Illuminati, not shadow sword.
Fredric
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Aug 29, 2004 10:09 am

DarkKnight 89 wrote:
Berserker wrote:I think the most accurate way to determinate the strenght of a character is the plunge, but we don't see many character plunging...

Illuminati, not shadow sword.

We don't know what kind of sword Rhue has, or if it is even a shadow sword or Illuminati.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Telephalsion » Sun Aug 29, 2004 12:11 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:
We don't know what kind of sword Rhue has, or if it is even a shadow sword or Illuminati.

Thank you for restating my very first theory on the boards. :roll:
Greatchickenman wrote:I'm up for any type of female at least once.

Any type of female.
Telephalsion
S4 Deralyn

Postby Amgard » Sun Aug 29, 2004 7:04 pm

There's cases for both sides:

Shadow Sword: He gets very violent and irrational when pissed (OMG SORYA LIED TO ME DIE BITCH! Or when he killed Lyrra and went loco on Kalmar). Gaius also "said so" (Though you know that doesn't hold up in my mind. :P)

Illuminati: He attacks Shadow Swords, he couldn't hurt the Harbringer.
Amgard
S2 Hilyn

Postby Berserker » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:11 am

Well, since we don't know which of them is I'll just continue saying shadow sword, cause I like it more. :D
Berserker
S2 Hilyn

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Aug 30, 2004 4:22 am

Or we can go with the Shadow swords being the alter ego of the Illuminati theory, which would explain why he gets Illuminati aura and can still have the Shadow sword as Gaius said.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana