What was up with the final scene (after the credits)?

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

What was up with the final scene (after the credits)?

Postby Igloo9 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 12:25 am

It just showed Rhue standing there, smirking at the sword that was in the ground. I'm not sure what sword it was, maybe the shadow sword? Why was he smirking? Did he get his old (Midian) memories back? Did he get one of his previous memories back? Is he another new person, or still Rhue? Can someone please explain that to me?
Igloo9
Wanderer

Re: What was up with the final scene (after the credits)?

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:06 pm

The sword is the Ghost Horror (or atleast we've pretty much all agreed it is by this point). If you saw him smirking at the end I take it you 'lost' to the PS at the end? ie. you reached 0hp and Rhue just yelled 'Burn You!' and kept fighting. Its one of the 3 main versions of the normal ending. It seems to imply that Rhue is going to take the sword, for whatever reasons you can think of.

There are two different versions of that ending you get if you:
A. Have a strong relationship with Kloe and high moral(or whatever you wanna call it)
B. Beat the PS but don't qualify for the other one

Then there's two other completely different endings I won't go into unless you want them spoiled.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Igloo9 » Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:59 pm

Yeah, I lost to the PS. And the Ghost Horror...I feel stupid saying this, but I forgot what sword that was. What is it for/what does it do?

Also, sure you can tell me the other endings. I know one of them, he is back in the reaches again, or something. You can go ahead and tell me. But, are these separate endings all part of the main story, or are they completely different to where none of them are "canon"?
Igloo9
Wanderer

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Apr 01, 2010 11:27 pm

The Ghost Horror was Kalmar's shadow sword. When Traziun defeated him, it just got up on its own and flew away, Kalmar said 'it would go to another'. What it had done is landed next to Slade who was still unconscious in the Blana Serra temple from fighting Rhue, but then Lyrra picked it up instead and went crazy, leading to Rhue killing her and knocking it away, apparently to that clearing.

As for the ending, theres the normal ending, which i guess is cannon if you had to choose one, theres been really no confirmation about that. If you had the good relationship with Kloe, theres a bunch of different dialogue paths depending on just how good, and later paths depending on your own moral, and if they are both high enough they pretty much end up halfheartedly flirting with each other then go off together, end up in the clearing with the sword, then walk away.
If you don't get that then you tell Kloe to go away and eventually you reach the clearing, then if you beat the PS you just walk away, but if you lost then you smirk and don't leave.

Theres also the reaches which involves you finding all the Shadow Lyn in Dream Estrana and defeating them, then going to the locked door at the bottom of the mines and entering the Reaches and defeating some demons there. Rhue then falls really far down into the reaches and gets really metaphorical and reflective, then a lot more metaphorical stuff happens generally related to the nature of the PS and you should really just get the ending and watch it.

The last ending is the Lexus ending and it involves getting Lexus in the party and doing a lot of sidequests with her to maximize your relationship with her, then at the end you'll have a choice to stay in Dream Estrana with her and if you do then somthing else returns to Rhue's body in the real world (a subject of much discussion) and reeks some havoc and its just generally awesome and you should see it as well.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Igloo9 » Fri Apr 02, 2010 3:36 pm

Those sound like some interesting endings. Looks like I'll have to play through the game a few more times, heh. For the Reaches ending, how will I know if I killed all the Shadow Lyn? Will the game let me know?

Well, thanks for the help. :)
Igloo9
Wanderer

Postby Debacle » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:20 pm

There is a room with four torches, each in a corner, and a locked door in the bottom of the mines/tower elevator. For each shadow lyn you defeat, one of them lits up.
Debacle
Plyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Apr 03, 2010 8:19 pm

Theres also a guy in the house of Pnoe that will mark your map with the very general locations.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Return to Estrana