TV Tropes topic

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

TV Tropes topic

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:57 am

Just going to start this off from the last topic.

Just in case you don't know: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheWay

gentlemanorcus wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:Well, on a completely unrelated note I now have an urge to go play Tactics Ogre.

Ah yes, you've gotta love the manipulative bastard. Even when he was taking advantage of Kachua, that eyepatch still made him the incarnation of awesome. In the gaiden game, he killed a freaking angel.
But anyway, good to see I'll be getting some responses. I'll probably be going on another edit spree soon (after I shove off for bed- seriously, 2:20, what the hell's wrong with me?), and it will most likely be another big one, so I probably can't list them all here without screwing up the text. Here's most. Too tired to put up links right now:
Big No: Kloe in the "normal" ending. Iron Woobie: Traziun Oedipus Complex: Traziun (open to a lot of interepretation) Manipulative Bitch (aka. bastard): Cetsa. Badass Boast I'll add Traziun saying the eye for an eye line in his death scene, but I'll keep the line in Catch Phrase too. Epileptic Trees I'll link to this forum. Narm Can you guys think of any other narm moments? I respect Lun, but his habit of putting in three exclamation points can be pretty narmy. Heroic Sociopath Rhue, after Episode Four. Kill the Cutie Poor Lyrra. Poor Lexus. Talkative Loon Dirk. Insane Equals Violent Though Rhue didn't really stray from killing before, from Episode Five onward, he seems to be willing to kill anyone who gets in his way. Trigger Happy See Insane Equals Violent.
That's it for now. I'm going to sleep, so it should be a little while before I get up and post. Just argue in the comments if you disagree with any of these. Speaking of which, should we start a new thread for the TV Tropes page? We're starting to get off track on this thread. Jeez, I'm long winded.

In terms of Narm, the two moments that stand out for me are that bit in Episode 1 after the rabbit race where you have to slaughter your way through 5 RTP "Brian" clones in a row, and this little ditty from Episode 5:

Yeah, Lun definitely goes overboard with the exclamation points sometimes. In my mind the prevailing explanation is that there are certain parts where it's pretty evident that Lun was not running on a lot of sleep.

And as a testament to The Way's continually miraculous power, I was going to only play up to where I could get that screenshot and ended up playing like 2 hours past that. And now it's 4 AM. Shit.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Re: TV Tropes topic

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Jul 13, 2010 11:40 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:In terms of Narm, the two moments that stand out for me are that bit in Episode 1 after the rabbit race where you have to slaughter your way through 5 RTP "Brian" clones in a row,
I can't check right now, but I remember it being only three and that it is also possible to get past them without killing them. Anyway, I know that really has nothing to do with the point you were making and there are some other things I wanted to discuss.

Crap Saccharine World: Episode 6, at first, seems too funny and happy for The Way.

Does anyone else just not see this at all? I know that Episode 6 has some comedic scenes in it, but to me the first impression of Dream Estrara is certainly not that it is a happy place.

Here are some more tropes I have found, but I'm not sure if some of them are worth mentioning.
Arbitrary Headcount Limit: The rm2k battle system limits the active party to four members. However, Episode 6 is the only time you can have enough party members to require selecting an active party.
Lazy Backup, Can't Drop The Hero: Again, Episode 6 is the only time these can become an issue.
Character Level: This applies to some of Rhue's companions, but not Rhue himself.
Combination Attack: In Episode 6 Rhue can do a combination attack with Lexus or Sorya.
Critical Hit
Defend Command
Guest Star Party Member: The party changes constantly and many characters only join for a very short time.
Health Damage Asymmetry
Hit Points
Inn Security
No Stat Atrophy
Optional Party Member: Slade, Lexus, and Sorya in Episode 6.
Party In My Pocket
Preexisting Encounters
Relationship Values
Romance Sidequest: The date with Lexus or Sorya in Episode 6.
Save Point
Scratch Damage
Take Your Time
Thriving Ghost Town: This is somewhat justified since most settlements are intended to be only temporary.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 12:32 pm

All right, I went and read through the page again. Just a few comments.

Art Shift: Some areas, particularly outdoors, have prerendered 3D backgrounds which are rather primitive by today's standards, while others, particularly indoors, use Super Nintendo style tilesets.

Well if you want to go that route, ALL the graphics are primitive by today's standards. That's simply the technical limitation of the program.

Crapsack World: The Purpose is there simply to control people, while the Lord Below actually exists, one of the only large cities, Estrana, is full of poverty and crime, and the world is made up of crazy religious fanatics (The Guided) and tools (Blood Lyn.) So yeah.

It seems IMPLIED there's no purpose. This was worded correctly in another trope entry ("Devil But No God"), not sure where the inconsistency comes from.

Crowning Moment Of Awesome: Traziun killing a fortress full of Blood Lyn, anyone? Also, the game is one for Lun. He created a game that many consider better than mainstream, professional games... with RPG Maker 2000, a rudimentary game-maker for beginners. Complete with complex animations that people (like me) who have fiddled with RPG Maker can tell you are very hard to pull off.

This is kind of nitpicking, but it's my understanding you're supposed to avoid first-person pronouns in main trope entries. I know there was some sort of push to have the phrase "this troper thinks..." removed from main entries, kind of thought the same thing applied here.

Crowning Music Of Awesome: Many of the songs, while taken from other works, are used well, including the first-level music from Castlevania being the random battle theme. Of note is the song End of The Way. It can be heard here, starting at around 7:13. Some spoilers in the video. And the song is original, I think.

Why yes, End of The Way is original, which you could've known by looking at the Music Tracking Topic on the official Crestfallen Studios Forums. Or by... watching the opening credits at the beginning of Episode 3 and beyond, I think.

Fridge Logic: If settling down is uncommon behavior for Wayfarers, and most "settlements" consist of a few small buildings for living space, where do all the manufactured goods on The Way come from? Clothes, weapons, furniture, books...

So? Clearly some settlements last long enough to produce these materials. And it's not like some of these things can't be made while wandering. One other possible explanation is that people often find things left from previous cycles of people wandering The Way and assume that the "forerunners" are leaving them behind.

Informed Attractiveness: Any character who is supposed to be attractive, considering the RPG Maker graphics engine.

Well yeah, that's kind of implicit with the 16-bit style graphics. I guess this is still technically correct, but I never recall seeing this for any other old-school console RPG pages. Plus there's always facesets and Rangi's artwork to go by...

Re Traux: The game uses Super Nintendo style graphics and MIDI music.

I think it's hard to call it this when really it's just the technical limitations of RPG Maker 2000.

Theme Naming: Subverted. The chapter names all rhyme with the previous one...except for the last, "Truth Hides Nothing".

Not quite subverted, see here for more information.

Your Mileage May Vary: You either think it's a great game with an impressive storyline or a pretentious mess with horribly-balanced gameplay.

Wow. Seriously? We're really going there? YMMV is the panacea, the fucking crutch that stops TVtropes from erupting into a perpetual flame war. And people KNOW this. You know what? I'm calling bullshit. Your mileage may vary? OF COURSE Your Mileage May Vary. People have opinions. This is a well known fact. People have opinions on everything. You could put this on pretty much every fucking page for a show or game (probably not far from the truth). No, what YMMV REALLY means is "I want to express my tedious, unnecessary, token dissent on a topic without having to answer for it by using my magic four-letter shield".

What strikes me as particularly funny is the wording in this particular entry. It doesn't mean enough to me to actually look at the edit history, but it seriously fucking looks like someone came along, wanting to show the world that there is one person who thinks The Way is "pretentious mess with horribly-balanced gameplay" stuck their token opinion in there, and someone else wanting to make sure they got the last word and to make sure the "integrity" of The Way is left intact made sure to respond point for point. Because let's face it, for the main entries TVtropes has been, and will almost always be about Gushing About Shows You Like. It's the same reason people invented the wikipedia game where you try and find an article about some banal and esoteric gaming topic longer than some important historical one. The people most likely to be editing are tech-savvy younger folk who are more likely to be exposed to, and interested in gaming topics. And since these people realize that gushing incessantly to people in real life about a show they like will almost certainly have negative consequences, they use that sweet, sweet anonymous veil to take their fanwankery to the Internet. I dunno, it's entirely realistic that one person was just being nice enough to show both sides of the issue, but I've seen the same thing happen on other pages for freeware games with unerring frequency. Seriously, if you don't like the game... good for you. Nobody cares.

Even more bizarre with this particular entry is the utter overkill. YMMV is used 8 times (none of which are linked) outside of the main entry. I know in the strictest sense it means "you may have differing opinions" on a topic, but let's face it, there's a particular notion of like and dislike it carries.
Villain Protagonist: Rhue after Episode 4. YMMV.

The context in which YMMV is used in places like this doesn't exactly work. If you want a better phrase, I'll give it to you: "depending on your interpretation". At least with that there's an element of logic in creating an interpretation (which there really should be), rather than some simple opinion.

All right, that was long and I don't apologize for it. I may still yet actually register and do some editing, if for no other reason than the page description gets more and more woefully inadequate every time I see it.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby gentlemanorcus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 3:33 pm

OK, time for explanations. I put a lot of those up.
It seems IMPLIED there's no purpose. This was worded correctly in another trope entry ("Devil But No God"), not sure where the inconsistency comes from.

I'll fix that.
This is kind of nitpicking, but it's my understanding you're supposed to avoid first-person pronouns in main trope entries. I know there was some sort of push to have the phrase "this troper thinks..." removed from main entries, kind of thought the same thing applied here.

Fixed.
Well yeah, that's kind of implicit with the 16-bit style graphics. I guess this is still technically correct, but I never recall seeing this for any other old-school console RPG pages. Plus there's always facesets and Rangi's artwork to go by...

Should I just put up Cetsa, then? I mean, she's okay, but not the paragon of hotness they made her out to be.
Even more bizarre with this particular entry is the utter overkill. YMMV is used 8 times (none of which are linked) outside of the main entry. I know in the strictest sense it means "you may have differing opinions" on a topic, but let's face it, there's a particular notion of like and dislike it carries.

Yeah, I did go overkill. I'll fix them.
Wow. Seriously? We're really going there? YMMV is the panacea, the fucking crutch that stops TVtropes from erupting into a perpetual flame war. And people KNOW this. You know what? I'm calling bullshit. Your mileage may vary? OF COURSE Your Mileage May Vary. People have opinions. This is a well known fact. People have opinions on everything. You could put this on pretty much every fucking page for a show or game (probably not far from the truth). No, what YMMV REALLY means is "I want to express my tedious, unnecessary, token dissent on a topic without having to answer for it by using my magic four-letter shield".
What strikes me as particularly funny is the wording in this particular entry. It doesn't mean enough to me to actually look at the edit history, but it seriously fucking looks like someone came along, wanting to show the world that there is one person who thinks The Way is "pretentious mess with horribly-balanced gameplay" stuck their token opinion in there, and someone else wanting to make sure they got the last word and to make sure the "integrity" of The Way is left intact made sure to respond point for point. Because let's face it, for the main entries TVtropes has been, and will almost always be about Gushing About Shows You Like. It's the same reason people invented the wikipedia game where you try and find an article about some banal and esoteric gaming topic longer than some important historical one. The people most likely to be editing are tech-savvy younger folk who are more likely to be exposed to, and interested in gaming topics. And since these people realize that gushing incessantly to people in real life about a show they like will almost certainly have negative consequences, they use that sweet, sweet anonymous veil to take their fanwankery to the Internet. I dunno, it's entirely realistic that one person was just being nice enough to show both sides of the issue, but I've seen the same thing happen on other pages for freeware games with unerring frequency. Seriously, if you don't like the game... good for you. Nobody cares.

I put that up because... well, the only people I've met are those that like it or don't. Everyone on this forum, of course, likes it. But I've met a few people who didn't, and cited these reasons as arguments: There was a guy at some site that highlited indie games ( forgot which) that cited it was pretentious, and there are some guys who advertised their LP on Malefact's channel who think it's pretty good, but pretentious and overrated. I'll get rid of the badly-balanced part. That was too much of a leap.
There. Done. I'll add those examples for Narm. Do you guys think Traziun has an Oedipus complex? I'm going to add the stuff I talked about on the post up top, except Isane Equals Violence and the Oedipus complex thing. I'm not sure about those. Also, I'll add the stuff Non-Sequitur put up.
Does anyone else just not see this at all? I know that Episode 6 has some comedic scenes in it, but to me the first impression of Dream Estrara is certainly not that it is a happy place.

I'll change it to something along the lines of, "It seems just a bit too light-hearted after the dark Episode Five." Or I could out right delete it. Your choice. I put Traziun under Smug Snake, too.
I am Looking for a Gal age 18-(my current age) to Make into a Sweetheart From the Ground Up. I am VERY LONELY And STRAIGHT!*sigh*
gentlemanorcus
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:07 pm

gentlemanorcus wrote:

Should I just put up Cetsa, then? I mean, she's okay, but not the paragon of hotness they made her out to be.

I can see that, yeah.

gentlemanorcus wrote:I'll change it to something along the lines of, "It seems just a bit too light-hearted after the dark Episode Five." Or I could out right delete it. Your choice. I put Traziun under Smug Snake, too.

Eh? Traziun? Strata is the poster boy for smug snake. Traziun shows some bravado when taking the plunge and otherwise seems to have high self esteem, but I can see him being "smug".

gentlemanorcus wrote: Do you guys think Traziun has an Oedipus complex?

That's really reaching. He's trying to avenge his mother by killing his father. That's really about the extent of it. I know he says he misses his mother in the reaches ending but as Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Not everything needs to be seen through some new-age hypersexualized lens.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby gentlemanorcus » Tue Jul 13, 2010 4:21 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Eh? Traziun? Strata is the poster boy for smug snake. Traziun shows some bravado when taking the plunge and otherwise seems to have high self esteem, but I can see him being "smug".

Okay, I'll put up Traziun as having some elements of this, but Strata being full out Smug Snake. I'll put Strata under "I just want to be badass". While he is already pretty awesome at the Plunge, he isn't the paraphlyn. I'm new to this forum, so did anyone post a link to a video or file of 'The End of the Way" that doesn't have spoilers? I'm going to put up Oedipus Complex. I'm leaving "Insanity Equals Violence" on the chopping block. Someone mention it if they want it up.
That's really reaching. He's trying to avenge his mother by killing his father. That's really about the extent of it. I know he says he misses his mother in the reaches ending but as Freud said, sometimes a cigar is just a cigar. Not everything needs to be seen through some new-age hypersexualized lens.

Yeah, I suppose it is reaching a bit. I'll take it out.
Okay, others I was considering:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... tedAwesome: Rhue's Shadow Sword, in a twisted sort of way.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DemonSlaying: Gharon and Gaghn are lessers.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BonusBoss: Gharon and Gaghn.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... GenericGuy: Rhan.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Tomboy: Kloe and Cetsa, mainly.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... WithASword: Kloe. (Don't Sorya and Cetsa weild knives? I've never been sure of that.)
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... sGloriosus: Alan, when you Plunge with him.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/GlorySeeker: Strata is the poster boy for this trope.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ngTheEarth: Rhue, before he starts finding clues.
That's about it.

Edit:
Posted. As suggested, BonusBoss is the leptor. Also, I changed Walking The Earth to almost everyone on the Way, as settling down is considered blasphemous.
Last edited by gentlemanorcus on Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am Looking for a Gal age 18-(my current age) to Make into a Sweetheart From the Ground Up. I am VERY LONELY And STRAIGHT!*sigh*
gentlemanorcus
Wanderer

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Jul 13, 2010 6:10 pm

gentlemanorcus wrote:http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/BonusBoss: Gharon and Gaghn.
Though you can finish the game without fighting them, they still must be fought in order to get one of the endings. A better example would be The Leptor. There are also many more if you count the optional plunges.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:34 am

Those all look pretty good.

Another remark:
Catch Phrase: Rhue: "How sweet it is." Every time he wins a plunge starting at the end of chapter five.
* Also by Rhue: "Wonderful..."

These are both true, but I seem recall him exclaiming "[Sweet] flaming lands!" as much if not more than either of those. Not trying to get other people to do editing for me, but I just thought I'd point it out. On that note, the Barrucha also qualifies as a bonus boss. So does Melbis, if you're feeling generous.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby gentlemanorcus » Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:41 am

Bakazuki saved my ass once again. Added more detailed descriptions, cleaned up the article. Nice.
I'll come up with some more tropes later. I'll edit this post and put them in once I find the right amount.

EDIT: Okay, here we are:
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TheFettered: Slade is a twisted version of this- he holds to his screwed up ideals taught to him by his mom.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... panSnarker: Rhue, full stop.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ToTheMouse: Dippy.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/MoralityPet: Sacrifa's wife, both to Rhue and Sacrifa. Lexus, for Rhue.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... onalCrutch: Lexus, for Rhue.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EmptyShell: Rhue after Lexus dies, kind of. He does have a purpose in life- but only one. Everythig else is meaningless. Anyone who gets in his way dies. It's that simple.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/TranquilFury: Rhue, after Lexus' death. Especially when he's walking around in the rain right after her death.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ttleSister or http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/DeadSidekick : Lexus for Rhue. Which one do you guys think fits? Note the trope name "Dead Little Sister" is pretty misleading; it doesn't have to be a little sister. The name is pretty horrible to be honest.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... ndlyTarget: Poor, poor Lexus.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/IWorkAlone: Slade says this to Patura.
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/M ... Unfettered: Rhue.
Man, I've been busy lately. I'll get these posted as soon as I can.
Last edited by gentlemanorcus on Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gentlemanorcus
Wanderer

Postby Non-Sequitur » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:37 am

Combination Attack: Rhue can do this with Sorya or Lexus in Episode Six. Its effectiveness depends on Relationship Values.
I think it actually depends on another value (the "flirt level" or something). I'll have to check later.
Crap Saccharine World: Dream Estrana, at first, seems a bit too light-hearted when compared to episode five. Dig beneath the surface, however...
I'm still just not seeing this. Dream Estrana does not seem "light-hearted" to me and it certainly doesn't match this description:
A setting which, at first sight, looks nice and cute; the world is full of cheesy colors, people are smiling, happy and helpful, and you're probably thinking you've just stepped into a Sugar Bowl that seriously Tastes Like Diabetes,...

Iron Woobie: Traziun.
I'm not sure how Traziun is a Woobie of any kind.
Is this about Rhue killing Jed?
Narm: "Hey, come back here! I'm mad at you!!!", fighting three RTP Alex clones in Episode One, and Rhue's battle scream in Episode Five.
It isn't really important, but they are Brian clones.
Smug Snake: Traziun has elements of this, but Strata plays it straight.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Eh? Traziun? Strata is the poster boy for smug snake. Traziun shows some bravado when taking the plunge and otherwise seems to have high self esteem, but I can see him being "smug".
He can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like this was a typo and he meant to say "but I can't see him being "smug"". If so I agree and I really don't see how Smug Snake fits Traziun at all.
The Scrappy: Does anybody like Cetsa?
Malefact talks quite a bit about not liking her in his Let's Play, but I don't remember her being particularly disliked otherwise.
The Unreveal: Red Zero is Lexus.
After reading the page, I just don't see how this qualifies at all. It seems like there should be another trope to describe this though.

The last one reminds me of something else. Does anyone know of a trope that would describe the scene where Rhue talks to Kloe while he is disguised as a Blood Lyn?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby gentlemanorcus » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:14 am

I'm still just not seeing this. Dream Estrana does not seem "light-hearted" to me and it certainly doesn't match this description:
A setting which, at first sight, looks nice and cute; the world is full of cheesy colors, people are smiling, happy and helpful, and you're probably thinking you've just stepped into a Sugar Bowl that seriously Tastes Like Diabetes,...

Yeah, I'll get rid of it. While it has it's comedic moments, there's a sense of dread. Seeing a bunch of people who you know are dead is... creepy.
I'm not sure how Traziun is a Woobie of any kind.

Hmm. While you do feel sorry for Traziun at some points, it really isn't at Woobie level. Rhue would fit, however.
Is this about Rhue killing Jed?

Yep. I'll add a spoilered description.
It isn't really important, but they are Brian clones.

Really? Ah, shit. Been a long time since I fiddled with RPG Maker.
He can correct me if I'm wrong, but it looks like this was a typo and he meant to say "but I can't see him being "smug"". If so I agree and I really don't see how Smug Snake fits Traziun at all.

Yeah, I saw it is a typo. Well, he does have a bit of an ego, but not a large one. Also, Smug Snakes are incompetent. I wish there was a less severe trope for someone with some ego, but... eh. Fixed.
Malefact talks quite a bit about not liking her in his Let's Play, but I don't remember her being particularly disliked otherwise.

Damn, damn leaps of logic. Threw out the window. I don't know what I was thinking when I put that up.
After reading the page, I just don't see how this qualifies at all. It seems like there should be another trope to describe this though.

Damn, wrong trope. I meant to put up the Untwist. It's pretty obvious that Lexus is Red Zero, but since all the clues point to her you look to someone else.
The last one reminds me of something else. Does anyone know of a trope that would describe the scene where Rhue talks to Kloe while he is disguised as a Blood Lyn?

Sorry, no ideas. Don't know what I'd do without you guys here to point out my stupid mistakes. Thanks.
Last edited by gentlemanorcus on Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:34 am, edited 8 times in total.
gentlemanorcus
Wanderer

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:17 am

Yeah, that was a typo. I mean "can't".
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Non-Sequitur » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:23 am

gentlemanorcus wrote:Damn, wrong trope. I meant to put up the Untwist.
I just read that page right before I read this post and I figured that is what happened due to the similar names.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:25 pm

I think the 'light hearted dream estrana' thing was based off the fact that after EP5 ends so dark and suspensfully (that's probably not a word), EP6 all of a sudden has you doing all these seemingly mundane things like preforming in a play, going on a date, attending a dinner party, etc. Still not the appropriate trope though and should be more a comment on the episode than the place. Actually, labeling the bulk of EP6 Mood Dissonance would be pretty appropriate, what do you guys think?

and while we're on the topic, I added Fan Nickname: Dream Estrana.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:05 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Actually, labeling the bulk of EP6 Mood Dissonance would be pretty appropriate, what do you guys think?
That or perhaps Mood Whiplash would probably be a good description.

Another thing I have been thinking about is that there are quite a few examples of What Happened to the Mouse? in addition to the Citadels. I'm almost certain I am forgetting things, but for now I can think of Tetzel and his books, Rhan's search for his girlfriend, and the ledge in Rhue's memory of when Serena's pendant was stolen. There is probably enough that the trope Left Hanging would apply.

This reminds me of something else. Is there a trope for a character like Tetzel that is only referred to by other characters and never actually appears?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Next

Return to Estrana