Need help with plunge against Slade in episode 5

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Need help with plunge against Slade in episode 5

Postby Robhol » Sat Jul 24, 2010 12:42 pm

I'm at the part in episode 5 where you need to do a plunge against Slade. Unfortunately, I am extremely bad at plunges and can't beat him, and my only save is from when I'm in the tent immediately before the fight, so I have no opportunity to activate plunge cheat mode. Is there some trick to beating him, or do I have to start over from the beginning of the episode?
Robhol
Wanderer

Re: Need help with plunge against Slade in episode 5

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:50 pm

I thought that it didn't matter who won that fight... maybe you had to last a certain length first, I can't remember. Anyway, I can't think of any specific strategy for the fight, just use link attacks to lower his plunge and get lucky was my usual strategy for most fight. If you can't beat it, if you post your save here one of us can turn the plunge cheat on for you.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Re: Need help with plunge against Slade in episode 5

Postby Robhol » Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:00 pm

OK, I've tried the fight several more times, but even when I get the attack that beats his almost every time I still can't win. The forum won't allow me to add attachments, so I've put uploaded the save here: http://rapidshare.com/files/408863109/Save01.lsd
Robhol
Wanderer

Return to Estrana