The Harbinger

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

The Harbinger

Postby Guest » Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:57 pm

While replaying Ep 5 I noticed some things during the scene between Medmur and the Harbinger that leads me to think that the Harbinger is.............. Lexus. :shock: I know that doesn't make too much sense since she's kinda dead... but all the things the Harbinger says point to it. First of all he/she/it is waiting for Entrego (who is Medmur if, you pay attention to the dialogue) to pay him back for the murder of Zedicus. To me it seems that noone but the Arastotzi and Lexus knew that Entrego had ordered the assination. The Arastotzi wouldn't be pissed, since they did it. Lexus however, was betrayed. Also it makes sense that she would know that medmur is entrego since she was so prominent in both the Vigilance council and the crime world. I don't know if this makes any sense but it seems right.

Postby Chip » Mon Apr 05, 2004 3:50 pm

****POSSIBLE SPOILERS*****

Actually, oh Spiritual Guest, I find that I am much more comfortable with saying that Sorya is the Harbringer rather than Lexus. Lexus is dead. You see her body, her ghost, etc. However, you never actually see Sorya die. You simply assume that Rhue killed her when the screen faded black. However, this theory is only based on the point that you brought up, saying that only Lexus and the Arastotzi gang knew of Entrego's current involvement in the mission.

HERE ARE PEOPLE THAT IT COULD NOT POSSIBLY BE:
Rhue
Phantom Slasher
Scatha
Lyrra
Sacrifa
Lilah(dead)
Strata
Dirk
Alan
Slade
Cetsa

I may have missed someone right now, but OH WELL...
Last edited by Chip on Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sinova » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:20 pm

Oh mighty, godly guest. The Harbringer is Gauis. Take a look at his character set. He knew about Entrego because he is a sensor. Or perhaps it was there to throw us off? Who knows?
Sinova
S1 Hilyn

Postby HumanBean17 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 4:34 pm

Sinova wrote:The Harbringer is Gauis. Take a look at his character set.

Bingo. I thought the exact same thing, not only because he was from Gaius' character set, but also because the mender is also from that character set; however, Lun adds a note to the mender that says that he is not Gaius.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Snapman » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:00 pm

Yeah... just checked Gaius' charset... does seem to indicate that Gaius and the Harbringer are one and the same.
Snapman

Postby HumanBean17 » Mon Apr 05, 2004 5:04 pm

Yeah... there's even a sprite next to it with the Harbringer's body and Gaius' head.
HumanBean17
S1 Hilyn

Postby Excell » Mon Apr 05, 2004 7:48 pm

Yeah, I thought it might've been Gaius too. But I wouldn't put it past Lun to do a full 180.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby BustermanZero » Mon Apr 05, 2004 9:47 pm

Gaius does make sense, especially including the rare occasions in episode 4 where Gaius is wearing a robe.

Oh, and you forgot Slade, who couldn't be because he was present at the same time as the Harbringer.
Don't lower yourself to petty insults that make no sense. That only leads to a weak Communist system which soon crumbles into a Dictatorship.
BustermanZero
Plyn

Postby Leo » Mon Apr 05, 2004 10:16 pm

It's probably Gauis
"I would rather have William Hung lick honey of my NIPPLES then listen to that again." Simon Cowell on SNL
Leo
S2 Hilyn

Postby Chip » Tue Apr 06, 2004 6:23 am

But what good would it do him to avenge Zedicus? I mean, seriously. It's not like he was in love with Lexus and what-not. But the whole sprite thing about Gauis wearing the Harbringer's robe is evidence enough for me.
Impossible wrote:STOP]
Chip
S1 Hilyn

Re: .....

Postby BustermanZero » Tue Apr 06, 2004 7:41 am

Chip wrote:But what good would it do him to avenge Zedicus? I mean, seriously. It's not like he was in love with Lexus and what-not. But the whole sprite thing about Gauis wearing the Harbringer's robe is evidence enough for me.

The Guided could have wanted the leader of the underworld crime's biggest organization to be killed. I mean, the Arastotzi were dressed up as Guided during the assassination, right? They could have wanted to kill him in spite of doing what they probably see as sacrilege and such. Also probably wanted to make sure no one was left to re-build Estrana with the whole settlements are evil and such.
Don't lower yourself to petty insults that make no sense. That only leads to a weak Communist system which soon crumbles into a Dictatorship.
BustermanZero
Plyn

Re: .....

Postby Excell » Tue Apr 06, 2004 10:37 am

Chip wrote:But what good would it do him to avenge Zedicus? I mean, seriously. It's not like he was in love with Lexus and what-not. But the whole sprite thing about Gauis wearing the Harbringer's robe is evidence enough for me.

No one ever said that was his reason for doing it.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Postby Nakoruru » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:47 am

IF he is the harbringer he had enough reasons for killing medmur/entrego because he killed many people before.
ask me ^^
Nakoruru
Plyn

Postby Greatchickenman » Tue Apr 06, 2004 11:56 am

Alright. Lets put this into account. When Rhue attacked the hooded figure, he could not hurt it, Because of some kind of Aura. Rhue has a shadow sword. Who else knows specifically about shadow swords? That's right. Gaius! Also trazium is a possible choice. but i doubt it, because I think trazium has already left the city when the conversation occurs.
Greatchickenman
S4 Corlyn

Postby Excell » Tue Apr 06, 2004 12:05 pm

We don't know for sure Rhue's sword is a Shadow Sword. I can't picture a Shadow Sword with an Illuminati aura just like I can't picture an Illuminati with a Shadow Sword aura. Maybe it's.....something different altogether.
Porter licks dicks.
Excell
S3 Corlyn

Next

Return to Estrana