Holy fuck guys

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Holy fuck guys

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:45 pm

Porter wrote:Pulling second is that one douche who claimed to be old and married, but he was 14.

I was trying to find this hilarious post where made a fake legal notice, but it must have been on the old forum.

There are still plenty of good ones on this forum though.
http://www.crestfallen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134&p=2438#p2438
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:25 am

Non-Sequitur wrote:
Porter wrote:Pulling second is that one douche who claimed to be old and married, but he was 14.

I was trying to find this hilarious post where made a fake legal notice, but it must have been on the old forum.

There are still plenty of good ones on this forum though.
http://www.crestfallen.us/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=134&p=2438#p2438

Crazily enough, that guy was around for a long time and kept popping up from time to time and had some strange stories associated with him.. He and I actually did a couple write-by-post forum fanfics starting on the EZ board (is that what it was called? I can't even remember) back when only Episode 1 was out. I think I saved one of them somewhere. Despite some of the incredibly lame stuff he pulled, he was actually a pretty decent writer for his age, and I actually enjoyed writing with him.

Another thing he did back in the EZ Board was try and start his own Way fan forum with me and some guy named Black Nitsuja. He had me make a banner for it which I still have bits and pieces of somewhere.

The whole insisting he was old thing was quite the story too. That he was 20-something, had a "sex goddess wife" (in those exact words), a kid, could bench press whatever pounds... It was all pretty silly, and sadly I think a lot of people believed him. I certainly didn't, and neither did Porter. It eventually came to a head in a pretty ridiculous AIM exchange which I'm desperately searching my computer for, but I will say one thing, he was really freaking committed to his pretend life. He went as far as registering a second forum account for his "kid" and occasionally switch back and forth having little fake conversations.

One of the more bizarre things that came out of this was a list of game ideas his "son" came up with, which he emailed to Lun and later me (hilariously enough when I got the email with the doc it was sent from his mom's email address). They were all pretty terrible and that's another thing I'd so love to dig up if I could find it.

Despite his alleged sex goddess wife, he was actually kind of a fundie, and he and this other fundie dude named Iorek used to pal around here and in the chat, which sparked a few pretty good flame wars which I might have logged somewhere.

Anyway, despite his commitment to being a mature badass, he really didn't cover himself that well. Aside from using his mom's email, his AIM profile more or less spelled out all of his middle school friends and a bit about his school life. Porter and I found this out, and Porter contacted him on AIM (Chip didn't know his handle) pretending to be a friend of one of his middle school friends and started asking him about him and his school life, how old he was (which was like 14 or something), etc. Simultaneously, I contacted him and started asking him these over the top questions like "Hello my aged friend! How old are you again? How's the wife and kids? How old's your kid again?" and so forth, until we basically closed him in a vice grip (which took like 10 seconds). He pouted to me a bit about how he wanted everyone to think he was cool and like him, and then vanished. Which was a bit odd, since nobody really liked him because they knew he was lying and trying way too hard. I had told him I knew he was lying several dozen times before that, too.

Weirdly enough, he actually reappeared a while later under a different name, and before I even knew it was him we actually started on a project to remake the Crestfallen Inception games in Rm2k3. I very painfully dumped the script for both games by hand and gave it to him, and he was supposedly going to make some rewrites to them (which in retrospect should've set off a red flag right away), while I started on the actual games. I only got about as far as making the first 2 minutes of Inception Act 2 (I was going to do the Act 1 later) before he vanished again, and checking his IP I realized it was Chip again.

I still have that demo, and a lot of other stuff I've collected over the years. I've kind of contemplated posted some of it before riding off into the sunset, but meh... We'll see.

Some of the stuff I have includes:
  • Porter's incredibly lame #theway RM2K game which ascends to new levels of terrible
  • Various iterations of Strayed's #theway game, which honest to Zalbak is probably better than every RPG Maker game ever made (except The Way, of course)
  • Various beta versions of various Episodes of The Way, including an Episode 5 alpha
  • An RM2k3 remake/version of Eternal Horizon I was working on. It doesn't go that far but it is rather well polished, I think.
  • My aborted attempt at remaking Crestfallen Inception Act 2 in RM2K3, pretty much every sprite I was going to use, and the script dumps
  • A list of Chip's (mostly awful) game ideas
  • Logs of the various role play sessions we had in #theway over the course of a few months
  • Logs of most of my time on #theway on Dynastynet, all of my time on ZiRC, that one day on Striked, and all of Espernet
  • Logs of some of the chat parties we had (pretty much every time Lun showed up)
  • My bug testing reports from a various Way betas
  • A MP3 soundtrack of The Way, made by doing mp3 sound font conversion of various midis from The Way
  • A few explicit logs of various people going crazy in the chat
  • Wrong Way. Not the Wrong Way that's on these forums, but the first thing I ever wrote called Wrong Way which was a... I'm not really sure, it's hard to describe, but it cast the characters from The Way in modern times, sharing an apartment. Traziun was a stock trader, Slade was a Police Officer... yeah. I've alluded to this several times as the most embarrassing thing I've ever done, and to this day I still can't read it from start to finish.
  • Pictures of the map of "The Eternal Struggle/Eternal War/Whatever". This was... I don't even really remember what the fuck it was. Some sort of role playing... thing.
  • My failed attempt at writing a walk through for The Way
  • The script for the Square Dancing drama movie Verb and I were in preproduction for "Square It Or Tear It"
  • Every page I wrote for Battle Janitors
  • All the pictures/story/song I made for Masters of the Destiny Sabres: The Souls of the Chaos Lords (In 3D!)
  • Random pictures I made mocking people on the forum (myself included)
  • A bunch of "hilarious" screenshots of various scenes from The Way with edited dialog.
  • Not really Way related, but a sonnet I wrote in high school about Sunset over Imdahl (it was for a class)
  • Other random pictures and text documents related to my time in the community

Yeah, I'm a bit of a file hoarder. Thinking about it, I do have quite a few hell of a stories from my time in this community. I guess if it anyone's curious they could ask away, no point in keeping secrets now. Might get me to come around more, who knows.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Mon Jun 25, 2012 1:22 am

I'm actually intrigued by the idea of Traziun as a stock broker, you should definitely post that. What was Gaius? A school teacher?

The fact that this place is ten years old, and that most of us are NOT dead, disappoints me.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sling » Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:09 am

Strayed Wanderer wrote:The fact that this place is ten years old, and that most of us are NOT dead, disappoints me.

Well, if it makes you feel any better, I took my temperature the other day because I thought I had a fever, but it told me that my temperature was only 33.8 degrees Celsius (93 degrees Fahrenheit), so there is a good chance that I'm either dead, or not human.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Mon Jun 25, 2012 12:24 pm

random rm2k story time!

In highschool I knew a guy who claimed to be Kamau (Legion Saga Series for people who don't remember/care). I never got around to calling him out on it because honestly it seemed to annoy him more that I actually knew who he was talking about yet still wasn't impressed. In retrospect only evidence I had he wasn't Kamau was that the shear unlikelihood that Kamau was some emo 16 year old cutter who just happened to go to my school.

...Actually wait, that sounds about right.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Jun 25, 2012 9:52 pm

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Anyway, despite his commitment to being a mature badass, he really didn't cover himself that well. Aside from using his mom's email, his AIM profile more or less spelled out all of his middle school friends and a bit about his school life. Porter and I found this out, and Porter contacted him on AIM (Chip didn't know his handle) pretending to be a friend of one of his middle school friends and started asking him about him and his school life, how old he was (which was like 14 or something), etc. Simultaneously, I contacted him and started asking him these over the top questions like "Hello my aged friend! How old are you again? How's the wife and kids? How old's your kid again?" and so forth, until we basically closed him in a vice grip (which took like 10 seconds). He pouted to me a bit about how he wanted everyone to think he was cool and like him, and then vanished. Which was a bit odd, since nobody really liked him because they knew he was lying and trying way too hard. I had told him I knew he was lying several dozen times before that, too.

I remember how hard he was trying with continuously forcing references to his fake wife, kid, and job as a high school teacher into his posts and that he eventually made a confession thread, but I had no idea about any of this stuff that happened off the boards.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Various iterations of Strayed's #theway game, which honest to Zalbak is probably better than every RPG Maker game ever made (except The Way, of course)

How long did that game get to be? I remember that Strayed was working on it for quite a while.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Mon Jun 25, 2012 11:39 pm

Non-Sequitur wrote:How long did that game get to be? I remember that Strayed was working on it for quite a while.
It's hard to tell given that I've played through the damn thing probably a hundred times, and actually worked on a bit myself. But for a blind play through, I would wager maybe around 10 hours? That sounds a bit long, but the more I think about it, even knowing exactly where to go and what do to, it still takes a long time to get through just cause there's so much content. So it could really be near even up to 20 hours.

Just to actually post some of that crap I was talking about in my last post, here's a few things:

Screenshots from the rm2k3 version of Eternal Horizon. I pretty much nailed the whole Bryce 3D -> RPG Maker technique, but Lun is still a 1000 times better modeler than I ever was.

MASTERS OF THE DESTINY SABRES! I think I've half explained it a dozen times, but the whole MotDS and its general rhetoric was based on shit actually, legitimately said by four different people, all talking about RPG maker games. The whole "it's in 3D, my dad works at squaresoft" bit was from some random chat log I read from the rpg2knet chat room (their reaction was about as incredulous as my own). The "I make $20000 a month of high school with my games" line was from a guy I was in some random MMO guild with. Strangely enough, I think he was also affiliated with rpg2knet. He actually ended up sending me some of his "work", and it was implausibly terrible. I think I went off on him at some point and he vanished. The (abridged) title of the game was pretty much word for word the title of a game some guy I knew in high school was making, along with our very own Ryan/Splixed's eternal running joke of a game "Laragoth: The Seven Souls" (a game Verb and I have to bring up every few years just because the whole notion of the game is just inherently hilarious) . Anyway, the douchebag in high school did give me a demo for it at some point, but he used some non RPG Advocate translation for RM2k3 that made it broken and unplayable, which was funny since he also had a tendency to make ridiculous claims about the technology/quality of his game.

No, seriously. What the fuck was this actually about?

Going WAY back. Fuck. Fitz's line always gets a chuckle out of me.

Some random-ass picture I made to mock some routinely stupid shit said by Ryan. I believe I was talking about laptop specs or something, and he went off on how much more awesome his desktop was.
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Strayed Wanderer » Tue Jun 26, 2012 12:47 am

Channel stats! Man, that really was a long ass time ago. Fuck this shit, nostalgia is uncool.
Strayed Wanderer
S4 Corlyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:12 am

I love how Chip's first big confession was that his name wasn't Chip. And he made a poll to gauge our feelings.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Sling » Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:25 am

I remember making in excess of seven rm2k3 games back in the day, one of which I think I posted here, as well as some for rmxp too. The only problem is, they were all unfinished, and I suck at custom art. I eventually deleted them in my cold-blooded reptillian rage. I actually was developing a half-decent custom menu system by the end. It was just a life-consuming black hole, and I gave up on it.

At some point in the future, I may try my hand at it again, and I will hopefully produce at least one half-decent game. I wonder though, if people would be interested in collaborating together for a new rm2k/rm2k3 project? I'm kind of busy with university and all that, but would be willing to do whatever. Just an idea.
In this day and age, an era where there are people who actually throw shit at each other, anything, could be possible.
Sling
S5 Corlyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:20 am

EmperorJeramyu wrote:It's hard to tell given that I've played through the damn thing probably a hundred times, and actually worked on a bit myself. But for a blind play through, I would wager maybe around 10 hours? That sounds a bit long, but the more I think about it, even knowing exactly where to go and what do to, it still takes a long time to get through just cause there's so much content. So it could really be near even up to 20 hours.

No version of this was ever posted on the forum, right? I remember playing that game Porter made a long time ago, but I think I have only seen a few screen shots of this game.

EmperorJeramyu wrote:Ryan/Splixed's eternal running joke of a game "Laragoth: The Seven Souls" (a game Verb and I have to bring up every few years just because the whole notion of the game is just inherently hilarious) .

Was that the game where he made a poll for rating his title screen and then threw a tantrum when the rating wasn't high enough?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby War » Tue Jun 26, 2012 3:06 pm

This forum had a weird tendency of bring in some of the strangest people:

There was the aforementioned Chip, not much to add to him.

OverlordBill who started out alright, but ended up basically wanting admin rights to everything.

Impossible had a very short time as being OK before he ended up in and endless raging tantrum.

Teenr0cker, well if you ever have to post that you are leaving an internet forum then that speaks for itself.

Then there was Glenn who had this christian like persona for the longest time, but then turned into something weird after he apparently read a dating book?

Then there is the top, one of the strangest guys who ever came on this forum Yuri/bikkel/Luna. At first he seemed like a normal internet troll, but he just keep coming back, acting like he wanted everyone to forgive him. He eventually tried to stage a cou, trying to get Jeramyu throw out of power in favor of him.
<WarV> You know what this place needs?
<Strayed> hookers?
<@Jeramyu> boobs?
<WarV> How about hookers WITH boobs!
<Strayed> I don't like fat guys.
War
S3 Corlyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Tue Jun 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Non-Sequitur wrote:
EmperorJeramyu wrote:It's hard to tell given that I've played through the damn thing probably a hundred times, and actually worked on a bit myself. But for a blind play through, I would wager maybe around 10 hours? That sounds a bit long, but the more I think about it, even knowing exactly where to go and what do to, it still takes a long time to get through just cause there's so much content. So it could really be near even up to 20 hours.

No version of this was ever posted on the forum, right? I remember playing that game Porter made a long time ago, but I think I have only seen a few screen shots of this game.

Nope. And it probably never will be.
Non-Sequitur wrote:
EmperorJeramyu wrote:Ryan/Splixed's eternal running joke of a game "Laragoth: The Seven Souls" (a game Verb and I have to bring up every few years just because the whole notion of the game is just inherently hilarious) .

Was that the game where he made a poll for rating his title screen and then threw a tantrum when the rating wasn't high enough?

Was that what it was? I remember he posted some screenshot that looked exactly like this:
And then ranted on about how long it took him to make in Bryce, how he had to "chisel" out the torus or some retarded shit like that.

To put that in perspective, that took me roughly 90 seconds to make in Bryce while failing to remember how to even use the program.

War wrote:OverlordBill who started out alright, but ended up basically wanting admin rights to everything.

Last I saw he was hanging out in the community for some Final Fantasy fangame made in Sphere (remember that program?), and was basically writing that community's version of Wrong Way or something. Not that Wrong Way is a work of art, but I liked it better than whatever the hell he was writing.

War wrote:Impossible had a very short time as being OK before he ended up in and endless raging tantrum.

That short time being "his first 5 posts" maybe.

War wrote:Teenr0cker, well if you ever have to post that you are leaving an internet forum then that speaks for itself.

Indeed. I'm still not really sure what the fuck happened to that guy like... overnight. I think he hit puberty at the age of 17 or something.

War wrote:Then there was Glenn who had this christian like persona for the longest time, but then turned into something weird after he apparently read a dating book?

Yeah, that's a pretty accurate story. Not entirely unheard of, but at least he didn't become as much of a cunt as teenr0cker did after he discovered boobs (I think). Actually speaking of Bill trying to grab power (which in all honesty was him asking to be made ops once and then leaving in a huff after he was denied), Glenn did actually come back after like... a year of being gone and PM'd me asking to be made a mod. I told him dead forums didn't need four mods let alone one, and he vanished again.

War wrote:Then there is the top, one of the strangest guys who ever came on this forum Yuri/bikkel/Luna. At first he seemed like a normal internet troll, but he just keep coming back, acting like he wanted everyone to forgive him. He eventually tried to stage a cou, trying to get Jeramyu throw out of power in favor of him.

Lol, what? That happened? I mean I remember him being some tedious, 4-chan-esque troll (ala Blaksun, remember him? sorry) who then tried to act like it was cool and never really owned up to being the colossal douche he was. I never remember him trying to stage a coup. That's pretty funny.

God damn, if I have one regret with this community it's not getting admin sooner and not being a bigger asshole. Think of how much much sanity we would've retained if I just fucking banned guys like Excell (and I say him and not Impossible only because Excell was marginally more proactive with his cuntery) or blaksun or Inderos or whoever right off the bat. Sure we wouldn't have some of those... uh... classic memories, but you know what? I'd be okay with that.

Speaking of banning Impossible, here's some random facts:
Times I banned Impossible: 1 (He was being a douchesicle and I banned him, and he exploded at me that he was kidding and I unbanned him. In retrospect, I think kidding only made it worse)
Number of phone numbers of people in this community I've gotten: 2
My favorite people (excluding Lun, Roman, et al.): OoS, Iteroth, Sage
My least favorite people: Inderos, Takarious, Ryan
(Yeah yeah... the rest of you go in the "if you died it wouldn't garner a reaction from me at all" group)
Number of times Lun actually showed up in the chatroom: 4 or 5
Number of compliments I've received about my modding: 1
Weirdest thing I did for this community: Host a terrible godawful winamp radio station for the E6 release party
Day I registered for the first real forum we had: September 11, 2001
Highest point of being in this community: Alpha testing E5
Lowest point: Boy that's a tough one... I dunno, having to mediate one of Excell and Impossible's millions of flame wars and not being able to ban either one of them.
Coolest thing that resulted from being in this community (that didn't particularly involve The Way or the community): Got to chat with iiShenron about the plot of TTHW

Anyway, here's one random picture for the road:
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:09 pm

Remember the pie spammer? I remember him saying something about "arrogance" when he was asked about why he did the spamming, but did anyone ever find out exactly what he was angry about?
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:12 pm

Oh god blaksun, I have no words for whatever he/she/it was. All I remember about bikkel was that fake picture of him that people started posting whenever he did anything.

All I really remember about the irc channel(s) was the occasional game of Where's Waldo whenever we decided it was time to get banned from a server. Good times.

And since I feel compelled to one up Jera's pictures, hey look its the first concept art Lun ever released for The Way!
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana