Holy fuck guys

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Holy fuck guys

Postby Non-Sequitur » Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:46 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:All I remember about bikkel was that fake picture of him that people started posting whenever he did anything.
I still have that picture, but it is on a different computer than the one I am on now.

One funny thing that I just remembered is that I went to Perkins right after the spamming incident I mentioned in my last post and the first thing I saw when I sat down was the cover of the desert menu, which looked a lot like the forum at the time:

Pies!

Pies!

Pies!
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby iamtheverb » Thu Jun 28, 2012 1:20 am

re:Overlord Bill, the thing that I will never forgive him for is that shortly before his departure, and on the occasion of Ryan making another return, he inexplicably buddied up with him and took his side during the Ryan vs. Roman debate w/r/t the torrent releases.

and while everybody's strolling down memory lane here, how about that online RPG we started building together.

there was more to that screenshot but I cut out some of the boring stuff. what saddens me is that I have no record of "Verb's Beanery" or the secret passage to access it (and there might have been an island map for it as well).
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: 8) 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) 8) 8) :mrgreen: :mrgreen: 8) :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
iamtheverb
?

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:54 pm

Non-Sequitur wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:All I remember about bikkel was that fake picture of him that people started posting whenever he did anything.
I still have that picture, but it is on a different computer than the one I am on now.

I just googled "bikkel crestfallen", first result:

men, our work here is done.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:45 pm

iamtheverb wrote:re:Overlord Bill, the thing that I will never forgive him for is that shortly before his departure, and on the occasion of Ryan making another return, he inexplicably buddied up with him and took his side during the Ryan vs. Roman debate w/r/t the torrent releases.

and while everybody's strolling down memory lane here, how about that online RPG we started building together.

there was more to that screenshot but I cut out some of the boring stuff. what saddens me is that I have no record of "Verb's Beanery" or the secret passage to access it (and there might have been an island map for it as well).

Holy balls. That was such a shitty engine. I'm not sure what the point of that was either, other than stealing War's password.

Here's a few more from the vault:

"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby HolsteinCow » Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:34 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Image

I completely forgot everything about Bikkel besides this picture.

Speaking of crazy people in this forum, anyone remember Lu Bu?
"You see, wire telegraph is a kind of a very, very long cat. You pull his tail in New York and his head is meowing in Los Angeles. Do you understand this? And radio operates exactly the same way: you send signals here, they receive them there. The only difference is that there is no cat." (Albert Einstein, when asked to describe radio)
HolsteinCow
S5 Hilyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sat Jun 30, 2012 12:35 am

HolsteinCow wrote:
Sage Of The Wise wrote:Image

I completely forgot everything about Bikkel besides this picture.

Speaking of crazy people in this forum, anyone remember Lu Bu?

Oh yes. Didn't he show up in that crazy pre-any-moderator-at-all period? Either that or it was right after I got mod.

...Come to think of it, didn't he come back like 4 years later and everyone immediately resumed chasing him off?
"Unfortunately, the dragon only speaks in Napalm, a curious ancient language that you don't really need to speak to understand."
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby Non-Sequitur » Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:49 am

HolsteinCow wrote:Speaking of crazy people in this forum, anyone remember Lu Bu?
I remember him telling someone (Impossible?) to "go milk a cow and drink from it" and posting a bizarre story about Lun and little girls complete with photos.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby hero_bash » Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:56 am

I never really knew anyone from this forums but still I could feel for the nostalgia from the golden age of rpg making. ABL and The Wayare the best rm games ever, shame that ABL was never finished and I'm afraid of playing The Way again as it might ruin the feeling for me./
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:13 pm

Honestly, ABL wasn't that good. The balance was pretty terrible, a lot of the graphics didn't work well together, mapping was pretty terrible, and a lot of it was really really slow. I mean, this still puts it ahead of 90% of the rpgmaker stuff out there, but still. What it did have was a plot with lots of mysteries. More importantly, a plot with lots of mysteries that it never had to answer because the game was never finished. Which is kind of cheating.

In retrospect I wonder if Lysander ever had any intention to finish ABL, because he certainly had no problem with making other games instead of ABL.
And the Lord said unto John, "Come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby EmperorJeramyu » Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:54 pm

Sage Of The Wise wrote:Honestly, ABL wasn't that good. The balance was pretty terrible, a lot of the graphics didn't work well together, mapping was pretty terrible, and a lot of it was really really slow. I mean, this still puts it ahead of 90% of the rpgmaker stuff out there, but still. What it did have was a plot with lots of mysteries. More importantly, a plot with lots of mysteries that it never had to answer because the game was never finished. Which is kind of cheating.

In retrospect I wonder if Lysander ever had any intention to finish ABL, because he certainly had no problem with making other games instead of ABL.

Last I heard it was being remade in RMXP, which basically means it was canceled.

On a related note, the last time I ever visited the GamingW forums, I found a topic about The Way where Lysander said Lun would burn out before he ever finished the series. It kind of gave me a sour taste towards the guy, but in retrospect he was probably at least half right.
EmperorJeramyu
Blana Sera

Postby hero_bash » Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:18 am

I always thought it was pretty neat but yea I think if I replay it this time I'll be quite dissappointed. I replayed Book of Three and remembering it to be epic but I was quite of put down by my own expectation. Childhood memories tends to overrate stuff but still if nothing else I still love those for the sentimental values or nostalgia.
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:11 pm

Oh man I forgot The Book of Three was made into an RM2K game. Was that Lysander as well or someone else?
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby hero_bash » Sun Jul 29, 2012 4:53 pm

Yup Lysander did it. I think I remember that he made it alongside ABL as a side project.
hero_bash
S1 Hilyn

Postby Sage Of The Wise » Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:35 pm

I'm pretty sure he came out with all his games after ABL, I really don't think he had any intention on finishing it.
Sage Of The Wise
S3 Deralyn

Postby Glenn47 » Sun Aug 05, 2012 8:50 pm

War wrote:Then there was Glenn who had this christian like persona for the longest time, but then turned into something weird after he apparently read a dating book?

Shit, THAT'S what you remember about me? Yeah, I had a christian kick...I thought atheists were going to hell. I guess that means I CARED, dammit.

And then, yeah, dating books. But man, those things worked! I now find them horribly corrupt and manipulative, but hey, live and learn right?

I did a buncha other good stuff here too. Most of it was with Teenr0cker and Bill, and ReaperGal, because chicks dig me, wink wink. But dammit, that christian kick pales in comparison to all the fond memories we shared, of which I remember none. Except the word Huzzah, in multicolored text...over, and over, and over...

Live and learn, guys.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRNBFDqeYhA
Gil212 wrote:ps. I'm a girl btw
^_^
Glenn47
S1 Corlyn

PreviousNext

Return to Estrana