Replaying The Way

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Re: Replaying The Way

Postby Kcrazy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:48 pm

I love coming back here and reading this topic. Honestly I still think about this came a lot, almost daily. Just so many questions, and i still love thinking of theories.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Kcrazy » Sat Jan 11, 2014 9:13 pm

Non-Sequitur wrote:
To me, it's pretty cut and dry. Serena was killed by Jeruh with the Phantom Slasher at the Landorin massacre. This is 100% explicitly shown in the ending.
"
I will need to play through it again or watch the Let's Play, but I don't think the name of the shadow sword Jeruh used was given. I don't even think it was explicitly stated that it was a shadow sword, but everything implies it so strongly that it is very safe to say that it was.

Sorry for double post, didn't realize an active discussion was happening when i made my first one. But you are right, it isn't explicitly stated, only hinted. Jeruh finds the sword buried in one of the character"s chest, with the other watching. Ever thing else to be theorized to some degree.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:01 pm

Kcrazy wrote:Jeruh finds the sword buried in one of the character"s chest, with the other watching. Ever thing else to be theorized to some degree.

That is how I remember it, except the one character was described to be more staring off into space than watching.

There is another thing that I have always wondered about. Remember how there is a ledge that Rhue will comment on in the interactive flashback in Episode 4? That was never even mentioned again, let alone explained. I know that the same thing can be said about a lot things in this series, but there is something different about this one. Unlike the citadels and many other mysteries, this is just something concerning "Rhue", Midian, and Serena and I have a very hard time seeing it being of any significance to the rest of the world and its history. Rhue's story is finished at the end of the series and I can't see how this could be revisited in another story taking place in The Way that follows different characters.

The following is the best that I can come up with. This flashback is most likely from Midian's point of view, but Rhue has the memories of both Midian and Jeruh. It could be that Jeruh was sitting on the ledge observing the events that took place in the flashback and that is why it stands out to Rhue as he recalls the memories of these events that he has from the two different perspectives. However, this is just a complete guess and I would be amazed if it turned out to be correct.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Kcrazy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:33 pm

Yes, that"s more accurate, I usually refer to it as a catatonic state, but was wanting to avoid implying any theories.

I'm not sure which flash back or ledge your referring to, I watch the Lets Play of the episode 4 flashback were u determine Serena qualities.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:09 pm

That is the flashback I was talking about.

Malefact does not look at the ledge, but you can see it come into view around nine minutes into the video (I tried to get the link to start the video there, but it isn't working consistently for me).
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dM7wB25QITw#t=09m00s
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Kcrazy » Mon Jan 13, 2014 10:16 pm

Ok, so the ledge at the top of the screen on the face mountains face. What is Rhue;s comment, I've never even made note of that ledge before now.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Non-Sequitur » Tue Jan 14, 2014 1:52 pm

I'm not at a computer where I can check the exact words, but Rhue just says something very vague about remembering the ledge being important somehow. It is just a really weird thing that we never see or hear of again and we would never have thought that anything was missing had it not been there at all.
Non-Sequitur
Linkmaster General

Postby Kcrazy » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:39 pm

Found it. Very interesting, I'm a little upset I never came across that before, either through the game or mentioned on here. I like your theory, makes a lot of sense, not sure what else it could be.
Kcrazy
S1 Hilyn

Postby Phantom Slasher » Mon Feb 10, 2014 12:03 am

Just finished up part 5 for the nth time about 10 minutes ago, and fell in love all over again.
Phantom Slasher
Wanderer

Previous

Return to Estrana