Body Armor won't go to level 4

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Body Armor won't go to level 4

Postby Durandal_1707 » Wed Sep 04, 2013 1:28 pm

Hey there, I'm really enjoying The Way, but I'm running into a bit of a snag with the aura leveling. Basically, somewhere in the middle of Episode 3 I looked in my stats and noticed that the defensive aura I'd been using, Chain Link, was maxed out at Level 4, and I apparently hadn't noticed when this happened, so I'd been wasting AR for some amount of time that I don't even know how long it was. Fortunately, this happened right at about the time when I discovered the first Oneness aura, Body Armor, which seems to be incompatible with all the flows from the older auras anyway, so it seems like an opportunity to start from scratch and level up the Oneness auras really well. Unfortunately, after leveling Body Armor to Level 3, it won't seem to go any farther — I can save the game, fight a few enemies, then check the level meter, and its progress bar still stays stuck at zero, whereas if I restore the game, switch to Rubber Skin, which is still at Level 1, and fight the same enemies, its progress bar moves visibly.

Is this normal? Does the progress bar only jump at certain increments or something, with fighting a few Three Scorcher enemies being not enough to bump it, but with it still accumulating the AR points? Or is there a certain weapon, notch item, or other item that I need to equip to make Body Armor gain AR points past level 3? I just want to make sure I don't waste any more AR points.

Thanks!
Durandal_1707
Wanderer

Re: Body Armor won't go to level 4

Postby Exiled » Fri Nov 08, 2013 3:05 am

I know I'm a month late but I figured I'd put my two cents in since I'm doing my bi-annual playthrough anyways-- I don't think your problem is a glitch because these level 4s can take a shit load of Aura to level up. You might not have accumulated enough AR for it to register at the lowest %.

Or I'm wrong and it's glitched... not sure but just get to the next episode I'm sure it'll start going up.
Exiled
S4 Hilyn

Return to Estrana