Considering doing a Let's Play

A moderated forum to discuss topics surrounding the Way series

Moderators: Porter, EmperorJeramyu, Telephalsion

Considering doing a Let's Play

Postby Kalaina » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:21 am

Hey all!

First things first, I should mention who I am. I used to go by the name "Jabbo" on here and I'm the one who put together the FAQ for The Way. It's not perfect by any means (I was what, 14? It's no wonder the thing is long-winded and poorly organized), but I think it's done a serviceable job for most people, and I'm happy for that. I have since come to terms with my identity, transitioned, and I typically use the name "Kalaina" nowadays.

I've wanted to do an LP of The Way for several years now, but hadn't really considered it a legitimate idea for a handful of reasons. I think I'd be willing to do so now, though, and I'm wondering if there's any interest and if there are any thoughts on how I should do it. I'm not as entertaining as Malefact by any means, but I knew the game really well at one point and I think I still remember a lot of that, even if it's been 5 or 6 years since I last ran through.

Given the general pace of this forum, I doubt anyone's going to reply to this thread for a month or two, but I figured I'd post here and see if anyone has any thoughts.
Kalaina
Wanderer

Re: Considering doing a Let's Play

Postby dae » Tue Jan 27, 2015 2:13 am

Hey Kalaina,

I randomly decided to start playing The Way again a couple days ago... and I was immediately reminded of why I kept all the game files archived on my computer all these years. Absolutely fantastic game. I also found a text file of your walkthrough hidden among the game files, so I've been using it to help me remember where the trickier notch items were hidden. Thanks again for writing such a terrific guide!

I'd definitely like to see another LP of The Way, though I don't really have anything to offer as for how they should be done. I just really like the idea of this game being "rediscovered," so to speak.
dae
Wanderer

Re: Considering doing a Let's Play

Postby Kalaina » Tue Jan 27, 2015 5:06 pm

It really is, and I'm looking forward to playing through again. I think there probably is at least some interest in an LP and it's something I'd like to do, so I'm going to go ahead and plan to. I just need to figure out how I'm going to set things up to record.

I probably won't do a dry run before recording, although it could be amusing to run through without my guide and see what I miss. I think I've got most of the item locations down but I'm not even remotely sure I remember all of them.

For general flavor of the LP, I think I'll do a run with some commentary, but not really constant chatter or reading the dialogue out loud. So that would be me talking about the game mechanics, some of what I remember from when I first played through, and some of my thoughts on the story and the world. I think 20 minute segments (depending on where a good stopping point is), and trying to get through it all in a reasonable number of those.
Kalaina
Wanderer

Return to Estrana